The taste of matcha can be overwhelming, but it is a must-try beverage for the experience alone. Read on to find out which are the best matcha tea brands out there.
I am embarrassed to admit this, but the first time I ever tried matcha tea, it was at a Starbucks. It was an iced matcha tea latte, and although I found the flavor interesting, it was not my cup of tea. That was the case until I tried my first legitimate matcha tea.
The difference between natural sweetness and a drink laden with sugar is night and day. Though it still has its earthy notes, which can be off-putting to some, its creamy texture works really well in blending and offsetting the bitter flavor. This isn’t a dig at my go-to coffee shop, but if you want to try matcha, you might want to consider trying these matcha tea brands first.
The Best Matcha Tea For Those Looking For Authenticity
If you are looking for a premium and genuine matcha tea taste, nothing beats the Encha Ceremonial Grade Matcha. Their matcha powder is made from organic tea leaves harvested in Uji, Japan, and is ceremonial grade, meaning that the youngest leaves were used to give it a more vibrant green hue and higher chlorophyll concentration.
What stands out about Encha is its perfect balance of earthiness, creaminess, and sweetness. It can be smoothly consumed without adding any milk or sugar. The powder dissolves easily in hot water, making it an ideal pick-me-up drink that is quick to make in the morning.
- Ceremonial Grade Matcha: Our premium, 100% organic matcha tea powder is ground from the most tender matcha leaves, plucked each spring from our farm in the hills of Uji, Japan. All Encha matcha tea is USDA certified organic, consisting only of the finest quality organic tea leaves.
- Rich and Complex Flavor: Our matcha powder offers a perfectly balanced palate, both sweet and earthy, with a smooth, velvety consistency when whisked into water.
- Boost Energy and Focus: Skip the coffee and allow our matcha green tea powder to provide a natural pick-me-up. Organic matcha is rich in antioxidants and offers clean and consistent energy and mental clarity without any crash.
- How to Brew: To prepare a traditional matcha green tea, simply take 1 tsp Encha ceremonial matcha and whisk vigorously into 5 oz hot water at 160°F. Enjoy the balanced flavor and health benefits of organic green tea.
- For Healthy Habits: Our 30g size of Encha matcha lasts for 2 weeks if you drink 1 level tsp (2 grams) per day. Subscribe and save to make sure you’ve always got matcha green tea on hand.
The Best Matcha Tea For The Thrifty
You don’t want to splurge too much, but if you also want to get as close as possible to the taste of matcha, the Oriental Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder is your best bet.
Though it is culinary grade instead of ceremonial, it still closely resembles the authentic flavor of matcha though some may find it more bitter (nothing that a dash of milk can’t fix). Since it is culinary grade, this can also serve as a perfect ingredient for cooking or baking if you are planning to make matcha-based treats in the future.
You can also add it to your cup of Joe to make things more interesting.
- ✓POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT - - Enhance Focus, Increase Energy, Boost your Metabolism!
The Best Matcha Tea For Those With A Sweet Tooth
Some might like their drink sweet and flavorful, which is exactly what Rishi Sweet Matcha Tea can provide. This product contains a mixture of organic and non-GMO Japanese matcha and cane sugar, ideal if you plan to enjoy a gratifying matcha latte or matcha lemonade drink for your first time.
Proceed with caution as this is an acquired taste, and unless you really love sweet drinks, you might want to go for the other options on this list.
- SWEET MATCHA GREEN TEA TASTING NOTES - Decadent, delicious cafe style blend
- SAVOR & ENJOY - 3 Unique Traditional Preparation Methods: Matcha Latte, Iced Matcha Latte, Matcha Lemonade
- GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH - USDA Organic, Non-GMO, and grown without the use of agrochemicals like pesticides and fertilizers
- SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS IS A CONSCIOUS BUSINESS - A conscious business is one that pays attention to both the raw materials and the human effort, recognizing it is the sum of these resources that creates a sustainable and resilient business
- OUR PROMISE TO YOU - We're dedicated to sourcing only the highest quality products and your experience is important to us. If you feel the quality of our products is less than expected, please contact our customer service within 30 days of your order date
The Best Matcha Tea For Those Who Like It Strong
If you are like me, who loves a bold and robust flavor in their beverage, look for Jade Leaf’s Organic Matcha Tea Powder. It comes in both ceremonial and culinary grades, but regardless of which you choose, what’s great about Jade Leaf’s is that the matcha flavor is more concentrated.
The vegetal flavor has been leveled-up without compromising the matcha’s natural sweetness. It can be overwhelming for newcomers, but I’m confident black coffee has prepared you for moments like this. Due to its strong flavor, this is also ideal if you want to switch from coffee to tea, as matcha still contains caffeine.
- 100% USDA Certified Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder - Pure Shade-Grown Green Tea Leaf Matcha Powder - Grown Without Pesticides or Harmful Fertilizers
- Authentic Japanese Origin - less than 1% of tea fields in Japan are certified organic for strict farming practices. We source directly from partner family farms in Uji and Kagoshima, Japan.
- Create Amazing Matcha Tea Recipes - Culinary Grade Matcha is an affordable way to add a delicious, healthy boost to lattes, smoothies, baked goods, and other dishes
- Healthy Superfood - matcha is rich in antioxidants and is a great source of natural energy and mental clarity
- Love It or Your Money Back - if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of our Matcha for any reason, just email us and we'll refund your order in full, no questions asked
The Best Matcha Tea For The Lavish
If you think Encha has the most premium matcha tea powder on the market, I have news for you. This option isn’t recommended for first-timers, but if you really have money to spend on matcha, then let me introduce you to Pique Organic Sun Goddess Matcha.
Not to oversell, but the earthiness, sweetness, and creaminess of a matcha powder are taken up a notch by Pique. It is certainly a must-try once you have acquainted yourself with the matcha cuppa.
- [Healthy, Nutritious Superfood]: Packed with antioxidants, like EGCG, vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll, to help firm and brighten skin while supporting skin clarity
- [Catechin Powerhouse]: The combination of caffeine and catechins supports lipid metabolism and helps curb sugar and hunger cravings
- [Authentic Japanese Origin]: Sourced directly from certified organic farms in Kagoshima, Japan and high in amino acids, like l-theanine, to promote calm and balanced energy
- [100% USDA Organic Matcha Powder]: First matcha quadruple toxin screened and made with all natural ingredients, grown without pesticides or harmful fertilizers; naturally gluten-free and vegan
- [Disclaimer]: Customer may receive different product packaging. New look with same product and same trusted quality