Rooibos is a highly underrated tea with a deep earthy flavor and a stunning red hue. Here are the best rooibos tea brands so you can appreciate this herbal tea.
Boasting a sweet, earthy flavor and rich red color, Rooibos tea is one of my favorite wintertime beverages and caffeine-free tea alternatives. Made by brewing the leaves of the South African rooibos bush, rooibos tea offers a strong, aromatic flavor packed full of antioxidants.
While I typically drink it “neat,” I can attest it is delicious with milk and honey. However, there are a lot of rooibos brands out there, and they are not all created equal, so to narrow the list down, here are the best rooibos tea brands to choose from.
1. Rooibos Rocks
Rooibos Rocks got its start when founders Madeleine and Christopher were looking for a caffeine-free alternative to their usual cup of tea. During her pregnancy, Madeleine found the caffeine-free answer to her tea cravings with rooibos tea.
Rooibos Rocks offers delicious tea products in aesthetic packaging. They only source rooibos that is sustainably grown in the Cederberg Mountains in the West Cape of South Africa. You might also be interested in our round-up of the best sustainable coffee brands.
Rooibos Rocks also offers honeybush tea, which is a cousin of the rooibos plant and grows in the same regions of South Africa. The tea has a more floral flavor and gets its name from its yellow flowers. You can enjoy honeybush on its own or in a rooibos blend.
- 💙 Ditch the Caffeine Jitters and get a good nights sleep. Perfect as a delicious tasting, naturally caffeine free alternative to Coffee, Black and Green Tea. Rooibos Rocks, a Moment of Calm in a World of Crazy. ☕
- 💙 Sugar Free and Calorie Free - A delicious option to sugar loaded sodas. Drink Up Guilt Free! Perfect Hot or Iced. Keep a pitcher in the fridge for the whole family to enjoy. 🙂 Bring the heart of Africa to every kitchen with a gift of our gorgeous Organic Red Rooibos Tea boxes! They are the perfect present for all tea lovers.
- 💙 Feel the Goodness. ROOIBOS ROCKS! Bursting with Powerful Antioxidants that boost the immune system and offer you a cleansing detox.
- 💙 Make a Difference and Make a Change Today. Supporting local tea growing communities, USDA Certified Organic Rooibos tea bags is Sustainably and Ethically Farmed only in the South African Cederberg Mountains.
- 💙 Great Value 100 Finest Quality Superior Grade Rooibos Tea Bags Bulk in 5 foil fresh pouches in every box. Great for Tea Gifts too! Because we are so sure about the premium quality of our organic Rooibos Rocks tea, we offer you a complete satisfaction 100% money back guarantee. If for any reason our tea does not meet or exceed your expectations, please feel free to connect with us directly and we will happily arrange a refund.
2. Cederberg Tea Company
The Cederberg Tea Company‘s award-winning Red Rooibos tea is one of the best on the market. While its website may not wow you, the tea company prides itself on growing and selling premium rooibos tea. All of their tea is grown in small batches on the company farm, and each batch undergoes testing to ensure the high quality of each tea bag.
- MORE IN THE BOX AND MORE IN THE BAG- Box contains 100 teabags (compared to 80) hand-picked at peak maturity and packed fresh in February 2022 at our farm in the Western Cape of South Africa. We pack 2.5 grams in each teabag (compared to 2g) to give you a bold and satisfying cup and a teabag you can use twice! Sealed in five foil pouches of twenty teabags each to keep them fresh.
- PURITY AND SAFETY- 100% Top Fine Cut Rooibos Needles with no stems. TEABAGS are made of biodegradable and compostable oxygen-whitened heat-sealed filter paper. Teabags are tagless, bleach-free and contains no plastic.
- DELIGHTFULLY CAFFEINE FREE AND KETO FRIENDLY- Looking for a satisfying alternative to coffee or black or green tea? A keto diet drink? A bold and flavorful herbal tisane? As the freshest Rooibos on the market, here's a naturally caffeine-free Organic Rooibos that brews a deep amber color with full-bodied flavor. Refresh and relax with this delightful tea any time of day or night.
- BOUTIQUE FARM WITH WORLD CLASS SAFETY AND QUALITY CONTROLS- Our Rooibos undergoes super heated steam sterilization to insure a product free of microbiology. Each batch is laboratory tested for bulk density and moisture levels and approved for export by the South African Perishables Product Control Board. Certified organic by CERES. Tea bags are oxygen whitened, recyclable for a fully natural experience.
- ANTIOXIDANT RICH- Rooibos is bursting with antioxidants, including quercetin and aspalathin. As Rooibos is low in tannins, it can be steeped for a long time with no bitterness.
- WINNER OF THE SILVER MEDAL at the GLOBAL TEA CHAMPIONSHPS for Rooibos Tea with the judges describing the tea as "Smooth, Well Conceived and Balanced"
3. My Red Tea
My Red Tea is a women-owned and operated rooibos tea company that prides itself on bringing customers high-quality, organic rooibos tea. While many rooibos teas on the market contain sticks, stems, and color additives, My Red Tea ensures that each bag of tea they sell contains only the leaves of the rooibos bush.
They only work with small farms that hand-pick the leaves, and they sell each bag of tea in biodegradable bags. The company returns 10% of its profits to local educational and cultural programs.
- USDA Certified Organic Tea
- Tagless South African
- 100% Pure
- Single Origin
- Caffeine Free
4. Tick Tock Tea
While you may have heard of TikTok, Tick Tock Tea has prided itself on selling excellent rooibos tea for more than a century. The family-run business is considered to have been integral to placing rooibos tea on store shelves across the world and popularizing this blend in Britain.
Tick Tock Tea offers organic rooibos tea, as well as many flavored variations, including vanilla, chai, and ginger. Additionally, Tick Tock Tea offers a Green Rooibos blend by adopting the traditional Chinese tea practices used to make green tea by shortening the oxidation process, so the tea remains light and delicate. If you love green tea, check out our round-up of the best Japanese green tea brands.
- From the founders of rooibos tea
- Naturally caffeine free
- Harvested by hand
- Pure teas - no compromise
- Contains naturally occurring sugars.
Made by South Africa’s premier tea and coffee company, Laager Rooibos Tea is one of the most popular rooibos options in South Africa. A South African tea collection would be incomplete without Laager’s rooibos!
They even offer a line of teas for children – Tea4Kidz! Since rooibos is naturally caffeine-free, they are able to make rooibos tea with fun flavors so that the kids can have a cuppa right along with you.
- GREAT TASTE - Laager Rooibos Herbal Tea is Naturally Sweet and Low in Tannins, with no Bitter After-Taste. It has a Refreshing and Rich Hearty Flavor that is Easy to Drink at Any Time of Day
- 100% NATURAL - No Additives, Preservatives or Colorants! Farmed only in the Mountainous Region of the Cederberg in South Africa.
- REALLY GOOD FOR YOU – Possessing various Health Benefits, Rooibos Tea Contains Powerful Antioxidants and Vitamins that Boost the Immune System and Hydrate the Body.
- IMPORTED FROM SOUTH AFRICA – Every Purchase Comes with a Laager Box containing 80 Quality Tea Bags (7 oz) of the Finest Superior Grade Rooibos (Red Bush) Tea. Packed and Shipped From South Africa.
- NATURALLY CAFFEINE FREE - Naturally Pure and Caffeine Free. Perfect for Caffeine Intolerance
6. Celestial Seasonings
There is no tea company in the world better known for creating delicious tea blends. While most of the companies on this list pride themselves on their delicious, plain rooibos tea, Celestial Seasonings does what they do best; blend!
Rooibos tea is world-renowned as a perfect pre-bedtime beverage; the Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Rooibos takes that reputation to another level. The combination of rooibos and vanilla creates a smooth, delicious tea that is earthy yet sweet. There is perhaps no better tea on the market to have in your pantry when you want a nice cuppa before bed.
- Six 20 count boxes of Madagascar Vanilla Rooibos tea bags
- African red rooibos tea infused with vanilla for added sweetness
- Caffeine and gluten free
- No artificial flavors, colors or artificial preservatives
- Steep tea bag in hot water for 4 6 minutes for the perfect cup
There is perhaps no tea blend more famous in the world than chai tea. Blending together black tea with a variety of spices, chai tea is world-renowned for its flavor and its health benefits. However, for people who do not or cannot tolerate caffeine, there are not a lot of chai blends to choose from.
One of my personal favorite chai blends is made by Soul, a tea company that prides itself on making delicious chai blends. Their Rooibos Masala Chai Powder is delicious as a tea or added to other beverages. Plus, the tin it comes in is very adorable; you can keep it to store all sorts of things.