Are you wondering where to buy crystal boba? Read on to discover my four top picks to find the best places to buy crystal boba.
Even though black tapioca pearls have been taking the world by storm, I’ve seen a surge in crystal pearl worshippers worldwide. On any day, rain or shine, you’ll find me lining up in front of my favorite milk tea store in town, waiting for a large cup of traditional bubble tea with mixed crystal boba toppings.
You can get crystal boba in many boba shops or local dessert shops. Even if you like to customize your dessert at home, there are plenty of places online offering crystal boba in packages of various sizes.
What Is Crystal Boba?
Crystal boba also goes by the name agar boba, or white pearls. It’s one of the most common toppings in Taiwanese bubble tea after black tapioca pearls.
Crystal boba is made of agar, it has a jelly-like, bouncy, chewy, and soft texture packed inside a tiny translucent ball. Other than bubble tea, white pearls also go with frozen yogurt, bingsoo (shaved iced), iced tea, and many different kinds of desserts.
Crystal Boba Vs. Regular Boba
The difference between crystal boba and black boba lies in the ingredients. The regular black boba is made out of cornstarch or tapioca starch which delivers a softer, chewier, and spongier neutral flavor with a subtly sweet hint.
Meanwhile, crystal boba is made using agar powder, giving them a bouncier and gelatinous texture with a wide variety of flavors as it’s easier to mix with different additives. Crystal boba transforms into a translucent sphere coated with a reflective exterior when cooked. Some of the most popular flavors in crystal boba include traditional neutral flavor, citrus, and berry.
You might be interested in our round-up of the best bubble tea flavor combinations.
Can You Buy Crystal Boba Online?
You can buy ready-made crystal boba online in packages and add them to any of your favorite drinks or desserts without the cooking hassle at home. Ready-made crystal boba is usually sold wet inside a sealed container of sweet syrup and various flavors.
If you’re unsure what crystal boba to buy, visit your local boba shop or dessert store and try out what they have. Sample a few different crystal boba flavors to see which is your favorite.
If you love bubble tea, our explainer on how many calories are in crystal boba may be helpful.
4 Best Places To Buy Crystal Boba Online
Fanale Agar Mango Tapioca Boba Jelly Ball
Fanale’s got some of the best ready-to-go crystal boba you can order today. I like to get a big bag and keep them in the fridge for later use.
You can go for one cup per single serving. I like to add it to my butterfly pea tea with syrup and ice to beat the summer heat. This one can stay in the fridge for up to two weeks after opening.
- ✅ Scoop generously and decorate your drink or dessert of choice with our original Crystal Boba. A delicious, edible replacement for tapioca pearls.
- ✅ Crystal Boba, also known as Agar Boba or White Pearls. Jelly-like texture with a soft chew, gelatin measuring 1 cm each.
- ✅ Ready to serve, no cooking or preparation needed. Each translucent sphere is immersed in sweet syrup with a subtle citrus flavor.
- ✅ Perfect topping for bubble tea, frozen yogurt, shaved ice and other drinks/desserts.
- ✅ Each bag contains 25-33 serving size, based on suggested serving size: 60 - 80g scoop (2.1 - 2.8 oz). Refrigerate after opening. It is recommended to consume within 1-2 weeks after opening.
Bossen Original Crystal Boba
The Bossen Original Crystal Boba package is pretty big, about four pounds, and it can last up to two weeks in the fridge.
I recommend this one if you’re a big crystal boba fan or want to feed your big family since the package is huge and will go to waste if you cannot finish it in time.
The pearls’ flavor is a beautiful mix of coconut and lychee. The only thing I don't like about this one is the syrup liquid which is too sweet.
Bossen Taro Crystal Boba
If you're looking for something fun other than the traditional flavor, check out Bossen Taro Crystal Boba. I like how Bossen has so many ways to play around with the flavors, and taro is my top call, thanks to the mild flavor and subtle aroma. I specifically like it with frozen yogurt to balance out its underlying sour profile.
Bursting Balls Strawberry Boba Pearls
Strawberry is a good call for bubble tea. I still remember the day my mom brought these pearls home to top the iced yogurt for her customers in the café, and I took a few out to decorate my new batch of cupcakes for my friends.
It tasted so heavenly that I decided to buy a new bucket just to make my dessert. Aside from strawberry, you can also go for blueberry or pomegranate flavor.
- THE EXPERIENCE - From its authentic Taiwan origin, our multiple flavored Bursting Balls will bring to you the ultimate Boba popping experience! The translucent popping Boba pearls are filled with a delightful fruity liquid that bursts wonderfully in the mouth and will transform your snacking to a new level of pure goodness.
- QUALITY - Containing a shelf life of up to one year these sweet treats will last you quite a while! Store unopened in a cool dry place and refrigerate after opening. Choose from our pack options of mango, blueberry, passion, and strawberry popping boba!
- OPTIONS - Redefine your standards in desserts and drinks. Add our boba popping pearls to yogurt, waffles, ice cream, cake, cold drinks, smoothies, tea and more for a satisfying sensation to tickle your taste buds. You'll embellish the simplest of foods to pure delicacies!
- TREAT FOR ALL - Tasty and mess-free, the tapioca pearls for bubble tea are a perfect way to enjoy a café-quality experience in your own home! Stun your guests, tempt your friends, and enjoy a tasty snacking without much effort. For birthday parties, events, office snacking or any occasion enjoy the tingling and delightful experience! These popping pearl tea balls will be a perfect treat on Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day or any other holiday. Get it for yourself or gift a loved one!
- PURE GOODNESS - Filled with natural fruity goodness and an excellent source of calcium join the Boba trend that is fast becoming the most popular of foods. A favorite in oriental and Japanese snacks, these instant Boba bubbles will become your newest pantry must have!