The best coffee for non-coffee drinkers is often those that are flavored. The less coffee flavor in the cup, the better.
I’ll tell you a secret – my husband hates coffee. So the only “coffee drinks” he typically drinks are those that are hardly coffee at all – think venti Frappuccinos from Starbucks with only one espresso shot.
However, after many attempts on my part, I have managed to find some types of coffee that he likes – and that I’m comfortable actually calling coffee.
Below, I’ll take a look at some of the best coffees for non-coffee drinkers on the market. So whether you’re trying to open a loved one’s eyes to coffee or looking for a coffee that you might enjoy yourself, I hope you find something suitable below!
How To Rate Non-Coffee Coffee
Rating coffee for non-coffee drinkers is a bit complicated. After all, you can’t rate it as you would normally rate coffee – as those are the exact coffees that non-coffee drinkers don’t like!
Typically, you’ll want a flavored option for most non-coffee drinkers.
Therefore, part of my criteria inevitably was, “how much does this taste like real coffee?” I wanted it to taste similar to coffee, but not so close that non-coffee drinkers wouldn’t like it.
Best Coffee For Non-Coffee Drinkers
Here are the best coffee for non-coffee drinkers in the market:
Organo Gold Gourmet Cafe Mocha
Organo Gold is easily one of the best ground coffees out there that is accessible to most people. It is widely available. You can even purchase it on Amazon!
Their Cafe Mocha flavor is perfect for those that don’t really like coffee. It tastes closer to a cup of hot chocolate than it does coffee. The coffee flavors are extremely subtle, making it perfect for those that don’t like the taste of coffee.
If a non-coffee drinker likes this coffee, it isn’t terribly difficult for them to branch out, either. For instance, there are peppermint mochas make a popular choice during the winter months.
Don Francisco's Vanilla Nut Flavored Ground Coffee
Vanilla coffee is going to have a bit of a stronger coffee taste than Cafe Mocha. After all, vanilla just isn’t as good at covering stuff up as chocolate is. But, with that said, some people just prefer the vanilla flavor.
- AN INDULGENT COFEE with nutty aroma and hints of vanilla flavor; Natural and artificially flavored
- QUALITY IN EVERY CUP: Feel good about putting our 100% Arabica coffee into your coffee maker, knowing it’s blended, roasted and packed right here in the US.
- DON FRANCISCO’S COFFEE Family Reserve nitrogen-flushed coffee bags feature a one-way valve to maintain freshness so you can enjoy the rich, bold, smooth taste of our family crafted coffee in every brewed cup. Perfect for all drip coffee makers, pour-over coffee brewers and French press.
- SUSTAINABLY MINDED: Coffee Driven: Don Francisco’s Coffee is committed to providing premium coffee with a greener footprint and promoting sustainable practices.
- FAMILY CRAFTED COFFEE since 1870: Inspired by four generations of expertise, we’ve carried on the legacy of sourcing the world’s best coffee beans and roasting them to perfection.
I recommend this flavor for non-coffee drinkers that don’t like overly sweet things. The cafe mocha can be a bit too chocolate for some drinkers. In these cases, Vanilla Nut can be a much better option.
This specific vanilla nut coffee is 100% arabica coffee. Furthermore, this coffee is decaffeinated. Therefore, if the non-coffee drinker doesn’t like the caffeine content of coffee, this may be a suitable option as well.
Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle
This coffee by Door County is extremely well-flavored, which is exactly why I recommend it for non-coffee drinkers. It doesn’t taste much like coffee at all.
- Dessert IN A CUP! Enjoy the aromas and flavors of our Chocolate Caramel Truffle ground, flavored coffee as you sip on the tastes of dark chocolate and sweet caramel.
- WEEKS SUPPLY OF COFFEE: Includes one 10 oz bag of ground, flavored coffee to make about seven 10 to 12 cup pots of coffee in a drip style, regular coffee brewer.
- TOP SOURCED: We use only Specialty Class 1 Arabica coffee beans, the top 2% of the coffee beans grown in the world!
- SMALL BATCH ROASTING: Located in Door County, Wisconsin, Door County Coffee & Tea Co. is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way - in small batches to exacting specifications. With a superior roasting technology (which we believe is the best in the industry), you get a wonderfully even, perfect roast each and every time.
- GUILT FREE TREAT: All of our coffees contain 0 grams of sugar, fat, and carbs per 6 oz serving!!
It is extremely sweet, and the flavors are full and pleasantly smooth. It is excellent for those trying to watch their calories, as it doesn’t include any added sugar, despite the flavor.
Door County also offers a range of other flavored coffees, giving you plenty of non-coffee tasting coffee options.
I love that this coffee is made in small batches, as this improves the quality. So often, when it comes to those who don’t like coffee, you need to find very high-quality coffee. Most people who proclaim themselves “not coffee people” just haven’t tried anything but Folgers.
With that said, this coffee is quite sweet, so those without a sweet tooth may not like it.
New England Coffee Pumpkin Spice
- Our popular signature coffee blended with sweet pumpkin flavor, sprinkled with a delicate mixture of spices.
- Medium Roast.
- Gluten Free and Certified Kosher.
- 100% Arabica Coffee with natural and artifical flavors.
- New England Coffee has been roasting coffee the same time-tested way for over 100 years, so you can count on a consistently great tasting cup of coffee each and every time.
While this isn’t the best coffee in the world, it is inexpensive, so great for those on a budget. It is made from arabica coffee, as are most of the coffees on this list. You can typically find this brand at most major stores, though the pumpkin spice flavor is seasonal.
I recommend getting some actual pumpkin spice to finish off this coffee – with perhaps some whipped cream as well. In many cases, this will help tone down the coffee flavor even more for non-coffee drinkers.
This flavor will likely work best for those who already like pumpkin spice. Otherwise, you may want to choose a different option on this list.
Caribou Coffee Daybreak Morning Blend
Yes, this is just regular coffee. However, it has an extremely light roast, so it won’t be nearly as bitter as other coffees out there. Therefore, if you’re looking for a plain coffee for non-coffee drinkers, these grounds by Caribou Coffee are probably your best option.
- Contains one (1) 20 Ounce Bag of Caribou Coffee Daybreak Morning Blend Light Roast Ground Coffee
- Daybreak Blend: Light Roast with fruity and caramel sweetness with a nutty finish for a taste of sunshine with every sip
- Quality Ingredients: Rainforest Alliance certified, 100% Arabica coffee, small batch roasted and hand-packed in Minneapolis
- Brewing Methods: Our ground coffee is formulated to make drip or a pour over in your Chemex. For other brewing methods - espresso, cold brew, or French press - consider our whole bean coffee and griding at home
- About Caribou: Coffee isn't just our business, it's our unrelenting passion. We love to roast it, brew it, smell it, and (DUH) drink it. But most of all, we love how it brings people together and inspires adventure, big and small
This coffee does provide some subtle fruit sweetness. It actually tastes a lot like cherries. While some non-coffee drinkers will prefer the lighter roast, there is a chance they will not be able to taste the subtle flavors in the beans.
Because this ground coffee still tastes quite a bit like coffee, we recommend it mainly for those who have branched out to flavored coffees and are looking for something a little closer to real coffee.