Whether you want a hearty cup of builder's tea, an elegant pot of matcha, or a precisely brewed cup of pour-over coffee, we can help you find the best electric kettle for your needs.
Electric kettles are an inescapable sight in British, Australian, and Canadian homes: it's usually the first thing someone buys when they move into a new place.
Many American kitchens don't have one at all, often to the shock of other countries.
There are complicated reasons for this having to do with the differences in electrical outlets and the preference for coffee over tea. Still, they're becoming a more common sight as French Press and pour-over coffee rises in popularity.
Because they're so common in other countries, there are literally dozens of electric kettles to choose from. So if you decide you need one, how do you find the best electric kettle for all your tea and coffee needs?
We've compiled a list of our choices for the best electric kettles on the market.
- Our 8 Best Electric Kettles
- Best Electric Kettle FAQ
- The Final Word On The Best Electric Kettle
Our 8 Best Electric Kettles
1. Best Electric Kettle for the Tea Connoisseur
The Breville One-Touch Tea Maker is the fanciest electric kettle we've ever come across. It basically works like an automatic coffeemaker, but for tea.
You can add tea leaves and water the night before, set the timer, and wake up to a perfectly brewed pot the next morning. And when you just need boiling water for a quick coffee or instant noodles, it can do that as well without a lot of fuss.
The Breville Tea maker allows you to adjust the water temperature, the brew strength, the brew time, and even the amount of agitation during steeping. It's perfect for brewing rare and expensive tea varietals that require precise temperatures and brewing times.
- Tea Basket Cycle - Auto Lowers and Lifts
- Auto Start. Construction Materials - Brushed Stainless Steel Power Base
- 60 minute Keep Warm feature
- Variable temperature control; Jug Capacity: 51 oz.
- Time Since Brew - LCD timer; LCD Display: Accurate temperature sensor with real time display to monitor progress.
2. Best Retro Electric Kettle
If you're looking for a kettle with a stylish retro design to complete your Pinterest-worthy kitchen, the Russell Hobbs electric kettle is right up your alley.
It comes in 5 classic colors with stainless steel detailing and an easy-to-read water temperature gauge front and center, so you can get water to the perfect temperature for whatever kind of tea you're making.
It also has level markings inside the kettle that can be seen from above so you can fill it with a precise amount of water.
- Quick Boil Indicator - Level markings inside the kettle are visible from above, allowing you to accurately fill 1-3 cups of water for fast boiling
- Removable, Washable Filter - The filter attaches behind the pour spout to keep lime scale out of your beverages. Removable for easy cleaning
- Drip-Free Pouring - The pour spout is designed to prevent dripping by creating a single water stream that keeps the boiled water safely contained
- 1.7 litre Capacity with Level Markings - The large capacity makes this kettle ideal for families and for hosting events. Boil up to 1.7 litre of water, using the rear-facing water level gauge for accurate filling
3. Best Budget Electric Kettle
This Hamilton Beach Tea Kettle is the best electric kettle we've come across for under $25. It has a 1-liter capacity and only takes up a small amount of counter space.
It's cordless, has an auto-shutoff safety feature, and comes with a washable, removable mesh filter for limescale. These simple, sturdy electric kettles are perfect for when you just need to boil water rapidly and efficiently.
- Powerful rapid boil system: This electric kettle boils water faster than a microwave and safer than a stovetop kettle; Perfect for college dorms, offices, or kitchens of any size
- Cord free serving: This hot water kettle is cord-free for safe, easy serving
- Automatic shutoff with boil dry protection: Auto shutoff keeps the electric kettle from boiling dry
- Easy pour spout and removable mesh filter: The easy pour spout comes with a removable mesh filter to keep scale deposits from leaving the kettle
- Concealed heating element: This electric kettle is convenient and safe with concealed heating element, compatible with any standard 120V outlet
4. Best Gooseneck Electric Kettle
The COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle is perfect for pour-over coffee devotees who need a precise, timed, even flow of water to make the perfect brew.
It's got 1200 watts of power that will boil a full kettle of water quickly, along with a one hour keep-warm function, a boil-dry protection feature that turns off automatically when empty, and a laser-welded gooseneck spout that will not leak during pouring.
It has 5 temperature presets and will beep at you when it reaches the desired temperature so you don't forget about it. It's made of food-grade stainless steel with no Teflon or chemical linings inside so your coffee and tea are always pure.
- Designed in California. This Cosori's Gooseneck Kettle features 5 precise temperature presets. The accurate variable presets allow you to never again burn your coffee or tea leaves. It also has a Keep Warm function that automatically keeps water at the same temperature for 60 minutes
- Turning Off The Ready Tone: The kettle features a ready tone that beep 3 times when the water reached the preset temperature. If you don't want this beep alert. You can press and hold "HOLD TEMP" for 8 seconds to turn beeps on/off
- The Purest Taste: The kettle is made with 100% food-grade stainless steel in its housing, lid, and spout, with no Teflon or chemical linings, which keeps the perfect taste for your coffee and tea
- Precise Pouring: The COSORI's precision pour spout is designed for the optimal pour-over flow rate. The counterbalanced handle helps keep your pour steady, handle moves the center of mass back towards your hand - encouraging a more comfortable, slower pour. Pair our pour over coffee maker (search for CO148-CM) for the perfect brew
- Quick Heating: The 1200 watts of power boils a full kettle in just 3-5 minutes, meaning you can enjoy a cup of coffee in no time. Stop wasting your time in front of the microwave or stove. A 1-hour keep warm function means hot water is always on standby
5. Best Ease Of Use Electric Kettle
The Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp Electric Kettle is the easiest to use kettle you can find. Made of stainless steel and BPA-free plastic with a 1500 watt heating element, it boils water lightning-fast and keeps it at a precise temperature for up to 30 minutes.
It has 6 preset temperature settings selectable via the touch of a button. Thanks to the blue backlit water window, you can always see how much water is in the reservoir. It includes a generous 3-year warranty.
- CONVENIENT: The 1.7-liter stainless steel Cordless Electric Kettle has 1500-watts for fast heat up and a concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup. Removable/washable scale filter and boil-dry protection
- CUSTOM CONTROLS: One touch controls, 30-Minute keep warm option, stay-cool nonslip handle, 360-degree swivel power base for a cordless experience and auto safety shutoff
- COOL FUNCTION: 2-minute memory function that allows the kettle to be off the base for 2 minutes without shutting off or losing it’s place in the brewing process
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: 6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature including blue LED indicator lights and backlit water window
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
6. Best Compact Electric Kettle
This KitchenAid Electric Tea Kettle is only 1.25 liters, making it smaller than most kettles on the market. It's great for tiny kitchens or fitting under low hanging cupboards.
It comes in 5 classic KitchenAid colors so you can coordinate with any other KitchenAid appliances hanging out on your countertops. It's also incredibly simple to use; it just has an on/off switch and gives a visual indicator when the water is boiling.
- 1.25 L capacity
- Led on/off switch. Volts - 120 V.A.C, Hertz - 60 Hz
- BPA-Free Interior and Removable Base
- Smooth, aluminum handle with stainless steel body
- Lime scale filter
7. Best All-Metal Interior Electric Kettle
The Secura Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Kettle is specially designed so that the water never comes in contact with plastic as it boils. It has a wide mouth which makes it quick to fill at the sink and simple to clean.
The interior is made of 100% food-grade stainless steel, and the exterior is double-walled so it's cool to the touch at all times.
- Comes with 100% stainless steel interior. No plastic in contact with hot water. Safe healthy drinking water.
- Cordless design allows for easy filling, traveling and serving; BPA-free cool touch exterior, no scalding hazard.
- 1. 7L/ 1. 8Qt capacity, double-wall stainless steel construction boils water quicker and keeps warm longer.
- British STRIX control inside, outlast other water kettle. 120V 60Hz, 1500W heating power. Etl approved Product.
- Rest assured, we stand behind our products & service with Confidence! If for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us to provide the best customer Support. We will reply to your questions within 24 hours.
8. Best Glass Electric Kettle
This COSORI Glass Electric Kettle has a lovely minimalist design and a blue LED light around the bottom rim that turns off when the water has boiled. It's made of scratch-resistant borosilicate glass with a stainless steel lid and bottom.
The wide mouth is easy to clean, and it will heat an entire pot of water in less than 7 minutes. It also looks fantastic sitting on your countertop!
- SUPERIOR MATERIALS--Your kettle is made with high-quality borosilicate glass, and 304 stainless steel to keep your water safe and tasting pure for years to come.
- LARGER MOUTH--Your kettle is designed with a wide-open 4.3 inch/110 mm mouth for quick cleanup of any residue or limescale using lemon juice or baking soda.
- CONVENIENT & DETAILED--Specially design the non-drip spout and scald-proof lid for easily controlling the flow and preventing scald.
- MORE STYLISH--Say goodbye to boring old-fashioned kettles. This kettle’s modern design features a blue LED indicator light to let you know when your water is ready, making boiling easy even if you’re in a dark kitchen.
- SAVE YOUR TIME--A great choice to replace your microwave, stove or your old kettle.Enjoy quick boiling times ranging from 3—7 minutes so you can enjoy your coffee, tea, or oatmeal in no time.
Best Electric Kettle FAQ
Are electric tea kettles bad for you?
No, not at all. If you're concerned about plastics in your hot water, or if you're worried about metals leeching, look for kettles with 100% stainless steel interiors. If you worry about the base causing fires or burns, get a kettle that has an auto-shutoff feature and an enclosed heating element.
What is the most energy-efficient electric kettle?
There isn't a lot of difference between the various kettles in terms of energy use. However, the one that seems to use the least energy is the Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp. It's got a 1500 watt heating element, the most powerful one on our list, and will boil an entire pot of water in less than 7 minutes.
The Final Word On The Best Electric Kettle
You deserve to have the perfect tea kettle for whatever steamy mug of goodness you like to drink! We hope you find this list useful in deciding on the best kettle for your home.