Want to take your brewing to new heights by pairing it with the best coffee for Moccamaster machines? This article covers all the information you might need.
If you’ve decided to invest in one of the most popular machines for coffee lovers, the Moccamaster, you made an excellent choice. But once you’ve made that investment, you’ll want to make sure to get the most out of it–which means finding the best coffee for Moccamaster machines. Every brewing method lends itself more to some coffees than others, and the Moccamaster is no different.
But what traits define a coffee that is ideal for the Moccamaster? To understand that, we’ll have to delve into what sets the Moccamaster apart and what qualities it highlights. Read on and know how to choose the best coffee for the Moccamaster.
What Sets The Moccamaster Apart?
Technivorm, the Dutch manufacturer of the Moccamaster, boasts that it’s the world’s best coffee maker. Now, there’s a certain amount of subjectivity there–but it’s definitely true that the brewing machine has been a favorite of coffee lovers for decades. It’s the exception to the rule that true coffee nerds avoid drip coffee; the Moccamaster is indeed something special.
What sets the Moccamaster apart from other drip brewing machines is the precision designed into it, along with the care it takes with the coffee grounds. The Moccamaster incorporates elements out of french press and pour-over methods to deliver a fuller flavor to the coffee while still keeping the convenience.
As a result of all this engineering, you’ll want to put the best beans into your Moccamaster in order to maximize your investment.
What To Look For In Coffee For Moccamaster
While you’re likely to get great results from just about any coffee you put in your Moccamaster machine, no matter the model, there are a few things to look for to get the best cup of coffee possible.
Since the Moccamaster extracts the most flavor possible from the method, you’ll be better off with single-origin coffees rather than blends. With this machine, you’ll enjoy all the nuances of the beans. You don’t want to waste this on a blend where some notes can get muddied or run together.
On the roast side, you’ll probably want to privilege lighter roasts rather than darker roasts; the fuller extraction means that you’ll be able to appreciate the kinds of delicate notes and flavors that come with the bean rather than from the roast.
Best Coffee For Moccamaster
Knowing what to look for as a starting point for your Moccamaster journey, you can start to explore your options. I prefer lighter roasts for the brewing method, but there is definitely a case for even medium roasts in certain specific instances. With this as a starting point, you can move around the world of coffee and discover new nuances in the coffee you love using your machine.
Wink Coffee Colombian: The best coffees for the Moccamaster, in my opinion, combine bright acidity with a smooth, chocolate-like base flavor. The Wink Coffee Colombian blonde roast fits the description perfectly. The small-batch roasting process doesn’t obscure the inherent flavor in the beans, which combines juicy citrus, rich milk chocolate, and a nutty aroma that the Moccamaster brings out to the fullest.
- LIGHT ROAST COFFEE: A silky smooth light roast to get your day started. Vibrant citrus with hints of milk chocolate and a whisper of fresh earth and a pleasant nuttiness.
- FRESH: One freshly roasted large 2.2 lb bag of whole bean coffee with an airtight zipper to close after opening.
- SUSTAINABLE: 100% top-quality Arabica coffee sustainably grown high in the Colombian Andes
- SMALL BATCH: Fire-roasted on our 1923 Jabez Burns Roaster in the Texas Hill Country. No corners are cut with our meticulous small batch roasting process.
- ALL COFFEE BREWERS: Ideal for drip coffee machines, espresso makers, French presses, Aeropress, pour over, and moka pot
Cooper’s Coffee Company Ethiopian Bright Light Roast: Typical Ethiopian coffee is dark, sometimes challengingly so. But this roast by Cooper’s Coffee highlights the reasons why maybe more roasters should go light.
- Single-Origin Coffee: Ethiopian Bright Light Roast Coffee, Grade 1 Single Origin. An incredibly vibrant boutique of aromatics light roast with bold intense colorful flavor profile!
- Vibrant Taste Profile: Intensely bright and clean, lemon tart, raw honey, floral nectar.
- Quality Sourced Beans: We profile each lot of green Ethiopian Coffee Beans (Grade 1). If it doesn't meet our high standards it is not used.
- Small Batch Roasters: Our premium coffee beans are artfully roasted in small batches to ensure fresh delivery of recent roasts. This gives us full control of the profile and creates a bold, smooth, flavorful coffee.
- Cooper's Promise: We’ve spent thousands of hours perfecting our craft. Therefore, we are confident that you will enjoy our coffee. If for any reason you do not love it, simply let us know, and we will issue a refund or replacement.
The beans’ light, almost lemony flavor has an almost floral note underneath, with a bright sweetness that’s more honey than caramel. It’s a versatile bean–even if you don’t have a Moccamaster, it’s well worth trying–but the right machine brings out all of the nuances to the fullest.
Kauai Estate Roast: Hawaiian coffees often carry a premium price tag, but when it comes to the Moccamaster, it’s worth the investment. This single-origin Hawaiian medium roast is about as dark as I would want for the brewing method, which brings out the deep, nuanced flavors of the peaberry premium beans.
- 100% Hawaiian Coffee
- Single Origin. Estate Grown.
- Kauai Prime Grade
- Medium Roast. Whole Bean Coffee
- 24 oz (1.5 lb)
The Moccamaster highlights brown sugar, honey, and fruity flavors that make the Kauai coffee unique. In my opinion, it’s an ideal start to the day.