Are you looking for the best coffee for Jura machines? This article delves into how to get the most out of your coffee beans with Jura machines.
There are many automatic espresso machines on the market, aimed at people who love the flavor and intensity of espresso beverages but who don’t want to have to attend to all the details themselves. The Jura brand of machines is coveted by coffee fans for a good reason. The high-end price tag goes along with a luxurious, high-quality experience.
When looking for the right coffee to put in your Jura coffee machine, it’s not just a question of getting a quality espresso roast or blend. You have to consider the specific strengths of the machine and what your coffee selection brings to the table.
Fortunately, that’s what this article talks about. Read on to discover the best coffee for Jura machines.
Best Coffee For Jura machines: Coffee Traits To Look For
Since one of the mottos of Jura is “Always freshly ground, never capsuled,” it’s important to address one of the machine’s key features that come into play when dealing with coffee bean selection. The built-in grinding system provides you with fresh espresso, but this also comes with a potential drawback.
Many of the options you can find specifically for espresso tend to be on the oily side–and that oil can clog up the works in the grinder pretty quickly. As a result, you want beans that tend to be less oily on the surface to get a longer span between cleanings.
With that said, however, you do want to tend towards espresso roasts: preferably something not too dark, but also not too light. Extra dark roasts aren’t necessarily ideal, but medium to dark will give you the best Jura machine experience.
While it’s not exactly obligatory to go for organic or fair trade, these coffees do tend to provide a distinct brewing experience, and the practices that go along with them lend themselves to a more consistent, more flavorful result.
So now that you have in mind what to look for in general, where to start?
My Favorite Coffee Beans For Jura Machines
Like many high-end espresso machines, what you put in is what you get out with a Jura machine. For that reason, you want to seek out very high-quality coffee for espresso.
But that’s a wide field–so it’s good to have a few starting points to go in. Here are some of my favorite products for the Jura coffee machine:
Allegro Coffee Organic Espresso Sierra: This medium-dark roast boasts notes of caramel and chocolate, with beans sourced from Indonesia and Latin America blended together. Allegro Coffee works directly with farmers. Their coffees are not just Fair Trade and Organic certified, but also Climate Pledge friendly and Rainforest Alliance certified, making them a highly responsible choice for a great espresso experience.
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market
- Specialty whole bean coffee
- Medium dark roast
- Dark chocolate, caramel, layered
River Moon Coffee Lucina: Another solid medium roast, the Lucina blend by River Moon Coffee, is USDA certified Organic and Direct-Trade, roasted in small batches by the artisanal coffee brand. The flavor is intense: a little smoky, with sweet and creamy front notes.
- ORGANIC ESPRESSO COFFEE BEANS from River Moon Coffee are slow roasted from a low temperature then baked to a delicious sweet smoky finish with a medium roast
- NORTHERN ITALIAN STYLE ROAST with 100% Arabica certified organic whole beans from Brazil, Central America and a dash of Indian Malabar for a lovely cremaNORTHERN ITALIAN STYLE ROAST with 100% Arabica certified organic whole beans from Brazil, Central America and a dash of Indian Malabar for a lovely crema
- AWAKEN TO PLEASURE with an intensely rich, sweet espresso blend of premium artisan gourmet coffee that is super smooth; can also be ground for a great cup of brewed or pour over coffee
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC, Non-GMO Certified, Direct Trade and full of antioxidants, with no pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides; River Moon Coffee is focused on your health, wellness and personal performance
- ARTISAN SMALL BATCH ROASTED to perfection from high-altitude & shade-grown beans - roasted and packaged in USA in 2 pound bags with one-way bleeder valve for maximum freshness
The blend combines Brazilian and Central American beans with Indian Malabar–a less common contributor that makes for a heavier crema compared to some other beans. If you prefer your espresso without anything added to it, this is a great option.
Hummingbee Colombian Medium Dark Roast: This smooth, full-bodied coffee works equally well for standard coffee as well as espresso brewing with your Jura machine. The brand carefully sorts its beans by size to a more precise level than some other roasters, boasting a much more even and consistent result. The flavor is rich, full, and satisfying for any brewing method–but especially suited to the Jura machine.
- Your morning pick me up: Start your day with a deliciously smooth, full-bodied coffee. Since it is whole beans, you can grind them to your liking to match your preferred brewing method
- The perfect roast level: A professional taster roasts our HummingBee Organic Coffee Beans to achieve the perfect balance of flavors
- Whole coffee beans: We sort our coffee beans by size, so the roasting level is entirely even throughout the different batches, so no more over or under roasted beans in your coffee bag
- 100% USDA certified organic: Want the peace of mind that there are no nasty chemicals in your coffee? We have you covered
- 100% arabica, Colombian origin: Our coffee beans are hand-picked by small-scale coffee growers that are also Beekeepers in the mountains of Colombia