Are you tired of unclogging your coffee machine? Look for the best non-oily coffee beans available! Take a look at our list below!
If you are looking for a consistent cup of coffee in the morning, then you need to find the right coffee beans. Unfortunately, you may notice that your coffee is not as great as it once was.
Perhaps the machine is taking longer to brew a cup of coffee than before. Maybe you are noticing a funky aftertaste. There is a good chance that the culprit is the oil in the coffee beans.
If you want to protect your coffee machine, then you should look for the best non-oily coffee beans available. What exactly does this mean?
What Do You Mean by Oily Beans?
Oil is a completely natural residue that develops when coffee is roasted. The natural sugars and oils rise to the surface and coat the outside of the coffee beans during the roasting process.
In general, beans that are roasted for longer amounts of time are going to be more oily. That is why dark beans tend to be a little bit more oily than light beans.
Even though dark roasted coffee beans tend to have a chocolatey, smoky, or caramel note because the sugars have been caramelized, the oil can also clog the coffee machine, leading to problems.
Fortunately, there are also non-oily coffee beans available. What are a few of the top options?
1. Farm Fresh 100 Percent Kona Coffee
One of the top options, if you are looking for a coffee with a low oil content, is Farm Fresh 100 Percent Kona Coffee. Farm Fresh 100 Percent Kona Coffee has a complex fragrance with lingering sweetness at the end.
The beans are hand-picked, sun-dried, and washed using rainwater. Every cup of coffee has a super smooth finish, coming from an organic farm. Furthermore, they do not use any herbicides or pesticides on their products.
Finally, Farm Fresh 100 Percent Kona Coffee also has a relatively low oil content, making it great for your coffee machine.
- OUR BRAND STORY: Monumental volcanoes and lush, verdant steep slopes make Kona, Hawaii a special place on earth. The high elevation, mountain slopes, mineral and nutrient-rich volcanic soil, and cooler temperatures create perfect conditions for coffee. It’s where Blue Horse 100% Kona Coffee was born. It's where we grow the world's best and most famous Kona coffee - right here in the USA.
- 100% HAWAII KONA (NOT A BLEND!): Kona Estate Quality - Made of finest premium Kona coffee beans, grown in Hawaii, USA. The beans we use for our compatible K-cups are the same we use for our whole bean packages (not broken and inferior beans that many other brands grind up and hide in their capsules).
- FARM-FRESH, SUSTAINABLE: Our coffee is shade grown, handpicked, sun dried, and rainwater washed (means more work for us but more flavor for you).
- CLASSIC ROAST: This slightly darker medium roast profile is our most popular classic roast and the most common roast level within the Kona Coffee Belt. Best in a French Press, Pour-Over, or Drip Coffee maker.
- DELICIOUS TASTE: Blue Horse 100% Kona coffee beans have complex fragrant, floral notes with a lingering sweetness. These premium pure Kona beans are medium brown in appearance with spots of aromatic oils. Aromatic, nut-like scents created in the island's rain forest will fill your senses and seep into your veins. Enjoy hints of almonds and tropical vanilla with a light, velvety body.
2. Koffee Kult Thunder Bolt
Another coffee with a low oil content that you may want to consider is Koffee Kult ThunderBolt. Koffee Kult Thunder Bolt will provide you with a cup of coffee that is packed with flavor. Because the beans are organically sourced, you are also investing in a bean product that will give back to the industry and the local area.
Every cup of coffee is strong, robust, and will wake you up in the morning. The blend comes from Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, and Sumatra. Expect this dark roast to be heavy and strong while also providing you with a sweet finish.
Furthermore, it has one of the highest caffeine content, so it will certainly wake you up in the morning. Of course, the beans are not that oily, protecting your coffee machine.
- PACKED WITH FLAVOR Our whole bean coffee features French roast coffee beans with medium acidity and a crisp, sweet finish. The aroma is every bit as pleasing as the taste of the gourmet coffee.
- BRING THE COFFEE SHOP HOME Our coffee beans whole roast product is a true restaurant coffee in terms of its quality. You can use it in a French press, to pour over coffee or in a drip coffee maker for a perfect cup every time. Unique birthday and Christmas gift for her, for women, for men, boyfriend, for him and for Mom.
- ORGANICALLY SOURCED Our Colombian coffee whole bean product is produced with respect for the planet and is completely free of chemical contaminants, so with every sip, you're only getting delicious whole bean coffee and nothing else!
- THE BEANS THAT GIVE BACK To strengthen the community, our coffee whole bean product is ethically sourced. Our fairly traded coffee helps workers provide better lives for their families, so you can feel good about buying it.
- PACKAGED FOR FRESHNESS Our coffee beans are placed in the packaging immediately after roasting. Our gourmet coffee beans stay fresh and delicious for full flavor and aroma with every brew.
3. Lavazza Medium Roast
You might also want to consider going with Lavazza Medium Roast. Lavazza Medium Roast provides you with a mild, creamy espresso roast. There are going to be notes of hazelnuts and brown sugar on the end.
Blended and roasted in Italy, which has a strong coffee tradition, you will enjoy a high-quality cup of coffee every time. The beans are a blend of Indonesian, Central American, and Brazilian coffee beans. The acid content is relatively balanced and there is an earthy taste to it.
With more than 100 years of experience, every batch is roasted to perfection. Furthermore, the bags are packed with nitrogen, contributing to a longer shelf life. Of course, the beans are also relatively oil-free, making them great for your coffee machine or coffee percolator.
- One 2.2 pounds bag of Lavazza Super Crema Italian whole coffee beans
- Mild and creamy medium espresso roast with notes of hazelnut and brown sugar
- 60% Arabica and 40% Robusta
- Best used with an espresso machine
- Produced in a nut-free facility
4. Camano Island Coffee Roasters
You should also take a look at the low-oil option from Camano Island Coffee Roasters. Camano Island Coffee Roasters provides you with access to a USDA certified organic Sumatra dark roast. With perfection in every bad, you will enjoy a delicious cup of coffee every morning.
There are slight notes of nuts and fruit as you consume your coffee cup, along with a warm, spicy flavor that is great for the winter. Along with a low acid content, the oil content from Camano Island Coffee Roasters is also low. With an environmentally friendly product, you will protect not only your coffee machine but the Earth as well.
- PREMIUM FRESH ROASTED COFFEE- All of our coffee must meet the highest standard. We strive in bringing the freshest coffee possible directly to you. Always bagged and shipped within 48 hours of roasting!
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC SUMATRA DARK ROAST - Our Organic Sumatra Coffee is among the world’s finest coffees displaying rich flavor, extraordinary full body and distinctively vibrant, low-key acidity. Rich and complex, our Sumatra is fruity, sweet and full bodied.
- FLAVOR - Our Sumatra naturally contains the least amount of caffeine. Due to its low caffeine content this makes earthy and smoky coffee makes a great after dinner treat. Rich and complex fruit tones, nutty, sweet, and full bodied. This coffee is a perfect treat, day or night but makes an exceptionally delicious dessert coffee.
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC, SHADE GROWN, AND FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED - In addition to paying above the Fair Trade standard for the beans, we also give $1 per shipment to Agros International. When you buy our beans you are changing a farmer's future!
- PRIDE AND SATISFACTION IN PERFECTING EVERY ROAST - 30 day money back guarantee if you are in ANY way unsatisfied with our coffee!
5. Wild Jo Coffee
Finally, take a look at Wild Jo Coffee from Specialty Java. Wild Jo Coffee provides you with rich, strong flavors. Every cup is going to have slight hints of brown sugar and dark cocoa as well, making it perfect for those who like iced coffee and black coffee. Because this is an organic, gluten-free, and kosher product, it is popular among those who are looking for healthy or environmentally friendly coffee.
Furthermore, the coffee also has a very low oil content, making it ideal for numerous coffee machines. If you are looking for a delicious cup of coffee that will also protect your coffee maker, then consider going with Wild Jo Coffee.
- WILD JO PROFESSIONAL CUPPING NOTES: INTENSE | DARK COCOA | DARK BROWN SUGAR | NO FLAVORING ADDED | Descriptive terms are simply subtle undertones in the coffee itself and no flavors are added.
- Each batch of this fresh roasted organic coffee is hand-crafted, by artisan coffee roasters, in our micro-roastery.
- Available in 12 oz or a 2 lb money-saving package, both packaged with resealable tin-tie for convenient storage. We recommend using 2 tablespoons of ground coffee to 6 oz of water for optimal extraction with most brewing methods.
- Our organic coffee is specialty grade coffee, which is the top 2% specialty grade of organic Arabica raw coffee. This specialty grade coffee is sourced worldwide through direct sourcing and through a dedicated team of coffee cupping experts. Not all coffee is created equal.
- This coffee is USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, and Kosher Certified. Contact us for our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
The Final Word on the Best Non-Oily Coffee Beans
Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world. That means that there are plenty of options available. If you are looking for coffee beans that are not nearly as oily, you have plenty of choices. In addition, take proper care of your coffee maker by avoiding soap.
Instead, use something like baking soda or vinegar. Soap will bind to the oils, caking them into the surface of the machine. If you really want to take care of your coffee machine, then try to clean it properly on a regular basis. You might be able to make the job just a little bit easier if you go with coffee beans that have a lower oil content.