Acid reflux is a problem that impacts countless people across the world. What is the best coffee for acid reflux? Take a look at our options!
If you are someone who regularly suffers from heartburn, you are not alone. There are plenty of people who suffer the same problem. If you have been told to avoid certain food items such as chocolate, tomatoes, orange juice, and coffee to help your acid reflux, you might be wondering how you are possibly going to make it through the day without your morning fix of caffeine.
Fortunately, there are specific coffee brands that have been made with relatively low amounts of acid that you should be able to drink without making your acid reflux worse. Take a look at a few of the best coffee for acid reflux options below!
What Do You Mean by Acidity?
First, it is a good idea to cover exactly what is meant by acidity and coffee. The acid that occurs in coffee occurs naturally. Furthermore, Arabica beans, which are commonly used to make a wide variety of types of coffee, are quite acidic. Even though they are slightly less acidic than Robusta coffee beans, a lot of people actually like acid in their coffee.
If someone describes citric or plummy flavors in their coffee, they are usually referring specifically to the acid content. Unfortunately, this is the exact type of acid that you need to avoid if you have been diagnosed with acid reflux.
There are several exceptional brands of coffee that have relatively low acid contents that you may be able to drink without making your symptoms worse. Some of the top options include:
1. Life Boost Organic Coffee
This is perhaps the most popular brand of coffee that people know of when it comes to low acid content. This specific type of coffee uses coffee beans from Nicaragua. Because they are grown at relatively low humidity levels, they have next to no chance of growing any types of mold or mildew, which keeps the acid content to a minimum.
Furthermore, this coffee comes specifically from a small family farm. Therefore, it might be frustrating to see the “sold out” message on a regular basis; however, that's how you know it's popular! With such a low acid content, you can enjoy your morning cup of coffee without having to worry about your acid reflux.
- Delicious, Ethically Sourced Coffee: You've tried the rest, now buy the best; Lifeboost Non-Gmo organic whole bean low acid coffee is high in flavor; The beans are sun dried, and spring water washed; The result is pure, natural coffee derived straight from nature
- Grown In The Mountains Of Central America: Lifeboost Single Origin Acid Free Coffee is shade grown at a high elevation in the mountains of Central America; The exclusive farms that we work with are all bird friendly and each coffee bean is hand selected to ensure purity
- Low Acid Dark Roast Coffee Beans: Your standard cup of coffee is very acidic; That's why some feel stomach discomfort or deal with teeth issues from drinking coffee; The solution is our low acid coffee beans; The antioxidant rich organic coffee delivers all the wonderful benefits of coffee without the unwanted side effects
- Certified Organic & 3rd Party Tested: The coffee beans are Usda Certified Organic, and 3rd Party Tested for mycotoxins, heavy metals, pesticides, and 400 other toxins; One sip of this organic whole bean coffee and you'll have a hard time going back to an ordinary cup of joe
- Love It Or You Don't Owe Us A Dime: Nothing makes us happier than hearing how much our customers love our award winning coffee; We're confident you'll be another that agrees that we have the best coffee beans; Try a bag of Lifeboost Coffee for 30 days, and if you don't love it (we doubt it), we'll give you your money back
2. Koffee Kult Dark Roasted Coffee Beans
Another option that you might want to consider if you are looking for low acid coffee is Koffee Kult Dark Roasted Coffee. Koffee Kult Dark Roasted Coffee is grown in Sumatra, Guatemala, and Colombia.
There are several varieties from which to choose; however, the dark roast Frozen is probably going to be your best bet if you are looking for coffee with low acid content. Even though the acid content is relatively low, the flavor is still incredibly bold, providing you with the best of both worlds.
Therefore, Koffee Kult Dark Roasted Coffee is popular among regular coffee drinkers in addition to those who are looking to control acid reflux.
- ROASTING these whole coffee beans medium dark are small batch roasted and hand packaged immediately before shipping. Great for use in an French Press, Aeropress and as espresso beans.
- TASTE Strong black coffee with bold flavor but smooth hole bean coffee. Not bitter. Best whole bean coffee choice of gourmet coffees. Cupping notes: heavy body, smooth, cinnamon, and bright with a long finish.
- ORIGIN 100% arabic dark roast coffee beans from Columbia, Guatemala Brazil and Sumatra whole bean coffee. You have found your strong coffee.
- ORDER Easy to order whole bean coffee dark roast, the best coffee. Just push the yellow button to order your fresh coffee beans online. Your coffee beans whole beans will be delivered to your door for your morning coffee.
- SMELL Great dark coffee aroma while whole, while ground, and while brewing. You will want to get out of bed just for the smell.
3. Puroast Coffee
If you are looking for coffee that has numbers to back up the claim of low acid content, then you probably want to check out Puroast Coffee. Puroast Coffee has an overall medium roast with a few darker beans thrown in. That is the way this company is able to balance the low acidity level without sacrificing flavor.
Like other coffee companies, there are several options from which to choose; however, a lot of their coffee beans come from Venezuela, which has a relatively low amount of acid normally. Overall, the coffee has a relatively soft flavor profile, which leads to a smooth finish.
Furthermore, you are also purchasing a unique type of coffee, as Venezuela is not one of the largest producers of coffee in the world. This is a unique cup of coffee that will not burn as it goes down!
- 70% LESS ACID: Puroast low acid coffee is perfect for every coffee lover, especially those with heartburn, acid reflux and other gastrointestinal issues. However you prefer your coffee, Puroast offers a wide variety of single serve, whole bean and ground coffee selection
- 7X HIGHER ANTIOXIDANTS: It turns out there is a connection between antioxidant levels and how coffee is heated during roasting. Published research from UC Davis shows that Puroast coffee has 7X the antioxidants of green tea and 5X the antioxidants of leading coffee brands
- PURE TO THE POUR: From our humble origins in the foothills of the Andes Mountains, Puroast's secret to crafting smooth, rich coffee is rooted in roasting the way that coffee growers do. We roast for quality, not volume, and never use any additives or extractions
- FEEL BETTER, NEVER BITTER: Take on the daily grind with a smooth, aromatic cup of coffee that tastes great and makes you feel good! Our unique roasting method creates a low-acid blend that won't bother your stomach and has no bitter aftertaste. We also use renewable, clean technology to fire our roasters
- QUALITY IN EVERY CUP: Not all coffee is created equal. Our high elevation grown coffee beans are sustainably sourced, kosher and chemical/pesticide free, so you can feel great about what you're drinking while gaining relief from coffee-related digestive issues
4. Tieman’s Fusion Coffee
This is a unique blend of coffee that you are going to enjoy. A lot of herbs are blended with Arabica coffee beans at the molecular level, right as everything is roasted together. Even though some people might call it a superfood, it does have an innate low acid content.
Thanks to the Central and South American Arabica coffee beans, along with a number of healthy ingredients, this is one of the most popular types of coffee among those who are health-focused. This includes people who suffer from acid reflux.
- Low acid, ultra smooth flavor, stomach settling benefits, with an average ph range of 5.85%
- 100% premium Arabica coffee naturally fused with Matcha Green Tea for 5-7 hour sustained energy, no jitters; Rooibos Red Tea for stomach settling benefits, and Goji Berry powders with anti-inflammatory benefits
- We use only 100% Arabica premium coffee from Central and South America
- 5-times the body's daily requirement for anti-oxidant protection
- 10 ounce bag of whole bean dark roast coffee making approximately 40-8 oz cups of coffee
5. Java Planet
When people think about coffee from Java Planet, they usually think about coffee that is heavily involved in the organic movement. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that their coffee beans are among the best in the world.
There are lots of varieties from which to choose, including a low acid variety. There is also a low-acid decaf variety. It is difficult to go wrong with the coffee beans from Java Planet, as you are even able to buy green beans if you choose.
In addition to supporting a great cause, you will also enjoy coffee from a company that will help you keep your acid reflux under control. Consider Java Planet!
- This single-origin coffee has the full-body Colombia is known for with beautiful fruit tones. It is our best selling coffee adored by our customers seeking low acid and great flavor. Rainforest Alliance Certified.
- This single-origin Guatemala coffee is shade-grown under guava, plantain, and banana trees which give the coffee it's fruit undertones along with the caramel and chocolate notes. Smithsonian Bird-Friendly Certified.
The Final Word on the Best Coffee for Acid Reflux
These are just a few of the many options that are available if you are looking for the best coffee for acid reflux. It is true that a lot of types of coffee will make acid reflux symptoms worse; however, there are also coffee options that are relatively low and acid that you may be able to drink without worsening your symptoms.
Take a look at a few of the options above and see if they can make your mornings just a little bit easier without making your acid reflux worse!