Whether you’re on a keto diet or just love a frothy dose of MCT oil, we’re here to provide details on how you can use a milk frother to make bulletproof coffee.
You love your morning bulletproof coffee — but blending it in a blender every day can be a pain.
You’re in luck — there’s a much simpler, faster, and easier way to create the perfect cup of bulletproof coffee.
Here, we’ll explore how you can use a milk frother to create a creamy blend that will give you the kick you need before you head out the door in the morning.
- Why Does Bulletproof Coffee Need To Be Blended?
- What’s The Best Milk Frother For Bulletproof Coffee?
- Three Tips And Tricks For Using A Milk Frother To Make Bulletproof Coffee
- The Final Word On Can I Use A Milk Frother To Make Bulletproof Coffee
- FAQs On Can I Use A Milk Frother To Make Bulletproof Coffee
- Milk Frothing Guides
Why Does Bulletproof Coffee Need To Be Blended?
Coffee, butter, and oil — the standard bulletproof coffee recipe are simple. Both people who are working toward eating a higher-fat, lower-carb diet and those who simply want to give their morning a boost are loving this new take on their morning cup of coffee.
Lovers of this grass-fed butter and MCT oil (or coconut oil) loaded coffee tout its benefits, but it can be tough to get bulletproof coffee to the right consistency.
If you’re not a fan of cleaning your blender daily — or toting one around while you’re traveling — you’ll be happy to know that you can easily use a milk frother to get the same delicious, frothy, blended results that you get from making bulletproof coffee in a blender.
Here, we’ll explore how to choose the right milk frother for your bulletproof coffee, as well as how to use a milk frother to get the same creamy goodness you’d get from whipping up your morning rocket fuel in a blender.
What’s The Best Milk Frother For Bulletproof Coffee?
Like we said, cleaning a blender daily can be a huge pain, and can ever deter you from sticking to your bulletproof coffee habit.
If you’re looking for an easier option, we’ve got you covered. Check out our favorite milk frothers (they’re all available on Amazon) that will help you blend your grass-fed butter or ghee, MCT or coconut oil, and coffee into the powerhouse blend that gets you soaring through your day.
1. Cincred Electric Milk Frother
Cheap, dependable, and quick — Cincred’s simple frother doesn’t have many bells and whistles, but it gets the job done. In less than half a minute, your bulletproof coffee will be well-blended into the morning delight that you love.
2. Zulay Milk Boss Electric Milk Frother
This higher-end option is beloved by baristas and layperson coffee lovers alike. The frother is quick, quiet, and, according to reviewers, is better at blending coffee than a standard or immersion blender. While this is our priciest option, it does come with a lifetime warranty from Zulay, so you’ll never have to purchase another milk frother.
3. Bosenkitchen Electric Milk Frother
Small, quiet, and easily portable, Bosenkitchen’s middle-of-the-road handheld milk frother option is great for your morning dose of coffee and healthy fats. Some reviewers say that this frothing tool even beats out more expensive options they’ve tried.
Three Tips And Tricks For Using A Milk Frother To Make Bulletproof Coffee
If you’ve decided to put away the blender and give a handheld milk frother a try, you’re making a smart move. The easier it is to make (and clean up after) your bulletproof coffee in the morning, the more likely you are to stick with the habit.
Here, we’ll take a look at some of the tips and tricks you can use to make your new habit as simple as possible.
- Stick with battery-powered, handheld milk frothers only. A larger milk frother (that requires you to plug into a wall outlet) will deliver more power than you need and has the potential to make a mess of your kitchen.
- Use a cup larger than necessary. You want to give your coffee plenty of room to froth. You may want to make your bulletproof coffee in one cup, then transfer it to a travel mug or your regular morning coffee cup.
- Clean your milk frother right away. Don’t toss it in the sink and wait until the end of the day to tackle cleaning. Oil and butter can quickly solidify when it reaches room temperature, and the last thing you want is to have to get in the nooks and crannies of your milk frother to get it clean. When you’re done using it to make your bulletproof coffee, a simple rinse with hot, soapy water can get the job done fast.
The Final Word On Can I Use A Milk Frother To Make Bulletproof Coffee
Using a milk frother is a great way to get the benefits (and great taste) of bulletproof coffee without a blender. Be sure to use your battery-powered, handheld electric milk frother for 20-30 seconds to fully blend your MCT oil, butter, and coffee, and then enjoy.
FAQs On Can I Use A Milk Frother To Make Bulletproof Coffee
Can you make bulletproof coffee in a shaker?
Yes — but use caution! Pre-heat the shaker with hot water (leave the metal ball in the bottom). Add your hot coffee, butter, and oil, and shake holding your thumb over the top of the shaker (to keep the shaker top from opening due to the heat).
Can you use an immersion blender to make bulletproof coffee?
Yes, you can, but many people find that immersion blenders deliver far too much power for a cup of coffee and create an oily mess on the kitchen counter.