Frappuccinos typically have coffee in them. If they don’t, they aren’t a frappuccino.
Any frappuccino without coffee in it would be called a creme in all technicalities. Luckily, you can turn most frappuccinos into cremes quite quickly – including a java chip frappuccino. In fact, in many cases, you can simply leave the coffee out.
Below, I’ve put together an easy recipe for crafting a coffee-free java chip frappuccino at home.
An Easy to Follow Java Chip Frappuccino Without Coffee Recipe
For this drink, you’ll need a few simple ingredients. We’ll be using a milk base, but you can choose whatever sort of milk that you want. I prefer whole milk simply for the taste, but those sensitive to lactose may want to try almond milk instead.
Based on my experience, using almond milk doesn’t change the taste all that much.
As for the chocolate chips, semi-sweet chips are my preferred option. You can choose dark chocolate if you prefer a less sweet drink or if you’re trying to keep calories to a minimum. I wouldn’t recommend milk chocolate, as this drink is often sweet enough. High-quality chocolate chips are essential for blend-ability. Cheaper options tend to crumble and don’t produce the same creamy flavor.
It is essential to remember that whipped cream does affect the flavor of the drink. Therefore, I don’t recommend just purchasing the cheapest thing you can find. A high-quality whipped cream does make a lot of difference in the flavor of the coffee.
Adding more whipped cream will make the drink creamier, especially if you give it time to “melt” into your drink – or stir it in before you enjoy it. Let’s dive into the recipe.
Java Chip Frappuccino Without Coffee Recipe
- Tall glass
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- Drizzle chocolate inside each of the glasses and place them in the fridge (or the freezer if you have freezer-safe glasses) while doing other steps. It prevents the chocolate from simply running to the bottom of the cup and gets the cup cold.
- Add ice, milk, chocolate sauce, and chocolate chips to the blender.
- Secure your blender’s lid properly and blend. Using low speed, blend for about 30 seconds. Then, up it to around max speed for about 20 seconds. All blenders are different, so you’ll have to use your best judgment.
- After you’ve mixed it thoroughly, taste test it for thickness and flavor. If you’d like it thicker, add more ice cubes.
- If it needs more chocolate, add more chocolate sauce and chips. Blend again if you’ve added any extra ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared glasses. Add whipped cream and drizzle some chocolate sauce on the top.
- Serve the drink immediately, and enjoy! Add a straw to the top for maximum drinkability.