Is Bodum a good brand and are its products worth buying? Find our detailed take below.
I feel like Bodum has an intriguing tagline: Inspiration and innovation for every kitchen. This coffee maker and its convenient brewing equipment are certainly a favorite for many coffee enthusiasts.
However, while Bodum the brand gets plenty of votes from thousands of users, you may still be wondering if it’s good for you. Well, don’t just take anyone’s word for it!
Here are some useful details to help you make an informed decision.
- Brief Background on Bodum
- So, Is Bodum a Good Brand?
- Final Word on Is Bodum a Good Brand?
- FAQS About Is Bodum a Good Brand?
Brief Background on Bodum
For Bodum, it all began decades ago, in 1944, when Peter Bodum established the houseware brand in Copenhagen, Denmark. Over the years, the company introduced its innovative French Press coffee maker, which has been hailed for its environmentally friendly design.
It also relocated to Switzerland and established an in-house team of expert designers, engineers, etc., that develops all Bodum’s products. Today, Bodum makes sure there’s enough coffee to go around in over 55 countries.
The company is still family-owned, and the founder’s son, Jørgen Bodum, has kept the business’s core principle of functional but affordable product design.
So, Is Bodum a Good Brand?
If you’re wondering if the Bodum brand is worthy of your budget, here are some pros and cons to weigh before you start brewing:
- Its Products Regularly Make Top of the List. If you’re in the market for a new coffeemaker, chances are you’ll find many reviewers recommending Bodum. For instance, one reviewer named the Bodum Chambord as the Best French Press Overall. Looking for the perfect coffee-lover gift? These Bodum Pavina Double Wall Glasses are one of the top twenty-two recommended ideas.
- It Has Incorporated the French Press Style. The French Press system is a top-recommended style that Bodum has incorporated into its design. Not only does it make delicious and deep flavored coffee, it’s one of the best coffee brewing methods for preventing waste. It’s also energy-efficient – the Bodum Chambord French Press coffee maker can brew your coffee in just 4 minutes.
- Can Meet a Wide Range of Brewing Needs. Bodum is a much-loved brand that’s been catering to coffee makers for decades. The brand has an extensive range of products, including many types of coffee makers (vacuum, pour-over, or cold brew), as well as coffee mugs, cups, and glasses for all occasions.
- Starbucks Recalled Its Coffee Maker. In 2019 Starbuck recalled over 260,000 Bodum French Press Coffee Makers. That particular coffee maker had several issues with the plungers breaking, resulting in several minor injuries in the U.S. and Canada. In turn, Bodum sued Starbucks for this, alleging that Starbucks had provided false information, which made it seem as if Bodum manufactured defective products.
- It May Not Be the Cheapest on the Market. Bodum is generally an affordable brand. For instance, you can buy its KENYA French Press Coffee Maker from as low as $25. Still, there are always similar products on the market that are a tad cheaper. But if you factor in durability and aesthetically pleasing designs, sticking with Bodum might be a better option.
- It Has Some Not-So-Good Reviews. In other words, Bodum is not a perfect brand. For instance, while its French coffee maker gets many recommendations, there have been concerns that the borosilicate glass beaker doesn’t fare very well against drops and impacts. So the brand does have some room for improvement.
Final Word on Is Bodum a Good Brand?
Overall, and given the information above, Bodum does seem to be a good brand. Even though Starbucks recalled one of its coffee makers, many people still love a good Bodum brew and continue to support the brand.
And like any company with its products on the market, there will always be some good and bad stuff to write about. But in the end, the numbers don’t lie. There’s a reason why Bodum has been in the game for so long and why its brand is regularly recommended.
FAQS About Is Bodum a Good Brand?
Where can I buy Bodum products?
You can order Bodum products online on Bodum’s website or through Amazon and other similar online stores.
How does a Bodum French Press Coffee Maker work?
The Bodum French press is a straightforward device to use. All you have to do is place your ground coffee into the basin, then pour hot water over it. Let it sit for up to five minutes, gently depress the plunger, and your coffee is ready to serve.
The good news about this coffee maker is it’s made of borosilicate glass, which is excellent at withstanding heat. Additionally, it comes with a one-year limited warranty.
What other types of coffee makers can I get from Bodum?
There are many types of Bodum quality coffee makers available on the market. The list includes vacuum coffee makers and pour-over coffee makers.
What’s one outstanding thing about Bodum?
Peter Bodum, the founder, was once quoted as saying good design doesn’t have to be expensive. The brand says this remains one of its core principles. To determine if the brand is kind on your wallet, you can check out its products on the Bodum website.