Some movie quotes are so legendary that they become an integral part of our lexicon. As a coffee lover, there are quite a few coffee movie quotes I gladly use in everyday communication.
Given that three in four Americans drink coffee every day, there’s bound to be someone you can share these quotes with over a morning cup of java. As Michael Scott from The Office and so many other coffee lovers say, “Do not talk to me until I have had my coffee,” you might want to wait until at least halfway through your morning brew to discuss these quotes. While you’re here, check out our coffee addict quotes as well.
- 1. The Big Lebowski (1998) – John Goodman As Walter Sobchak
- 2. Thor (2011) – Chris Hemsworth As Thor
- 3. Born to Kill (1947) – Walter Slezak As Albert Arnett
- 4. Taxi Driver (1975) – Robert De Niro As Travis Bickle
- 5. Black Hawk Down (2001) – Ewan McGregor As Grimes
- 6. Pulp Fiction (1994) – Harvey Keitel As Winston Wolfe
- 7. Madagascar (2005) – Jada Pinkett Smith As Gloria
- 8. The Iron Giant (1999) – Harry Connick Jr. As Dean McCoppin
- 9. The Distinct Smell Of Red (2000) – Guilford Adams As Vernon
- 10. Olympus Has Fallen (2013) – Morgan Freeman As Allan Trumbull
- 11. Shadow Of A Doubt (1943) – Joseph Cotten As Uncle Charlie
- 12. Johnny Guitar (1954) – Sterling Hayden As Johnny Guitar
- 13. Good Will Hunting (1997) – Matt Damon As Will Hunting
- 14. Dracula 2000 – Gerard Butler As Dracula
- 15. Devil Wears Prada (2006) – Meryl Streep As Miranda Priestly
- 16. Avanti! (1972) – Jack Lemmon As Wendell Armbruster, Jr
- 17. Over the Hedge (2006) – Bruce Willis As RJ
- 18. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) – Vincent Schiavelli As Mr. Vargas
- 19. Serial (1980) – Martin Mull As Harvey Holroyd
- 20. Parker (2013) – Jennifer Lopez As Leslie Rodgers
- 21. Open Season (2006) – Ashton Kutcher As Elliot
- 22. An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991) – Dom DeLuise As Tiger
- 23. Stagecoach (1939) – Thomas Mitchell As Dr. Boone
- 24. Finding Nemo (2003) – Allison Janney As Peach
- 25. Pulp Fiction (1994) – Samuel L. Jackson As Jules Winnfield
1. The Big Lebowski (1998) – John Goodman As Walter Sobchak
“I’m staying. I’m finishing my coffee. Enjoying my coffee.”
Walter knows this is the only way one should drink coffee.
2. Thor (2011) – Chris Hemsworth As Thor
“This drink… I like it! ANOTHER!”
Thor says this while smashing the coffee mug on the ground because he likes coffee way too much.
3. Born to Kill (1947) – Walter Slezak As Albert Arnett
“Life is very much like coffee – the aroma is always better than the actuality.”
To be fair, this may only be true for mass-produced coffee.
4. Taxi Driver (1975) – Robert De Niro As Travis Bickle
“Would you like to come have some coffee and pie with me? Why? I’ll tell you why. I think you’re a lonely person.”
This may sound harsh, but Travis made his point and got himself a first date with the girl.
5. Black Hawk Down (2001) – Ewan McGregor As Grimes
“It’s all in the grind. Can’t be too fine. Can’t be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science.”
Grimes knows too well that the key to good coffee is getting the right grind size.
6. Pulp Fiction (1994) – Harvey Keitel As Winston Wolfe
Winston: Do me a favor, will ya? Thought I smelled some coffee back there. Would you make me a cup?
Jimmy: Yeah, sure. Oh, how do you take it?
Winston: Lotsa cream, lotsa sugar.
If a tough guy like Winston drinks his coffee with tons of cream and sugar, then anyone can.
7. Madagascar (2005) – Jada Pinkett Smith As Gloria
“Aren’t you the sweetest little thing? I just want to dunk him in my coffee.”
Didn’t we all think the same when the cute Mort first appeared in the movie?
8. The Iron Giant (1999) – Harry Connick Jr. As Dean McCoppin
“This is espresso, you know? It’s like Coffee-zilla.”
If you think about it, espresso really is like a Godzilla of the coffee world.
9. The Distinct Smell Of Red (2000) – Guilford Adams As Vernon
“They have about sixty-three kinds of coffee here with about forty-two different things to put in it, and you just get a regular coffee.”
Don’t we all have that friend who embarrasses us with their boring coffee order?
10. Olympus Has Fallen (2013) – Morgan Freeman As Allan Trumbull
“Get me some coffee. Half and half. Three sweet lows. In a real cup. Not one of those paper or Styrofoam things.”
Word! Styrofoam cups really kill the flavor.
11. Shadow Of A Doubt (1943) – Joseph Cotten As Uncle Charlie
“I can’t face the world in the morning. I must have coffee before I can speak.”
This quote is classic, just like the movie. I’m sure most of us coffee lovers can relate.
12. Johnny Guitar (1954) – Sterling Hayden As Johnny Guitar
“There’s only two things in this world that a ‘real man’ needs: a cup of coffee and a good smoke.”
This has got to be one of the most memorable quotes from this Western movie.
13. Good Will Hunting (1997) – Matt Damon As Will Hunting
“All right, yeah. Maybe we can just get together and eat a bunch of caramel. When you think about it, it’s as arbitrary as drinkin’ coffee.”
Here’s Will just being his awkward self.
14. Dracula 2000 – Gerard Butler As Dracula
“I don’t drink… coffee.”
To be honest, maybe it’s a good thing Dracula didn’t drink coffee. He surely didn’t need that caffeine boost.
15. Devil Wears Prada (2006) – Meryl Streep As Miranda Priestly
“Is there some reason that my coffee isn’t here? Has she died or something?”
I guess not even death would be a good enough excuse for her assistant not bringing her coffee.
16. Avanti! (1972) – Jack Lemmon As Wendell Armbruster, Jr
Carlo: While you are here, maybe you should take some mud baths.
Wendell: No thanks, I had one on the train.
Carlo: On the train?
Wendell: I drank it. They call it espresso.
Well, that’s definitely a train any coffee fanatic should avoid traveling with.
17. Over the Hedge (2006) – Bruce Willis As RJ
Verne: What is that?
RJ: That is what gets the humans out of bed in the morning.
Now, this is a perfect explanation of what coffee really is.
18. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) – Vincent Schiavelli As Mr. Vargas
“Look. I’m a little slow today. I just switched to Sanka, so have a heart.”
Sanka was all the rave back in the day, as it was one of the first decaf coffees on the market.
19. Serial (1980) – Martin Mull As Harvey Holroyd
Harvey: Wanna go have a cup of coffee?
Marlene: Oh, I don’t drink coffee. It’s an artificial stimulant.
Harvey: Of course. Then you wouldn’t want to have a drink, either. So what do I offer you? A bite of my onion?
This classic burn never ceases to make me laugh when rewatching the movie.
20. Parker (2013) – Jennifer Lopez As Leslie Rodgers
Leslie: How do you sleep at night?
Parker: I don’t drink coffee after 7.
Why not just switch to decaf instead?
21. Open Season (2006) – Ashton Kutcher As Elliot
“Yuck! It’s terrible and wonderful at the same time! It’s like freedom in a cup!”
In case you haven’t watched the movie, Elliot says this about coffee found in a dumpster.
22. An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991) – Dom DeLuise As Tiger
“Can’t we get an espresso and talk this over, please?”
Every negotiation should start with a sip of espresso.
23. Stagecoach (1939) – Thomas Mitchell As Dr. Boone
“Give me coffee. Black coffee. Lots of it. More, more, more! Blacker, stronger. Keep it comin’!”
The man has his priorities straight.
24. Finding Nemo (2003) – Allison Janney As Peach
Gill: Peach? Any movement?
Peach: He’s had at least four cups of coffee. It’s got to be soon.
Four cups is definitely enough to start a bowel movement.
25. Pulp Fiction (1994) – Samuel L. Jackson As Jules Winnfield
“Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet.”
This is probably what everyone says when trying out premium beans for the first time. If you liked this post, you might also be interested in our list of coffee puns.