Whenever I look at a Chemex coffeemaker, it deepens my belief in the fact that good things don’t have to come with a hefty price tag. You need real passion and profound love for something to discover ways of getting the best and one such example is the family-invented Chemex coffee maker. If you own one, you would want to buy the best Chemex reusable filter to enjoy that perfect cuppa every time.
When looking for a reusable filter, you will be presented with two main options – a paper filter, which is often known as the true ‘filter’ and a metal filter. The paper filters are most commonly used as they only allow the liquid to pass without letting any sediments get into your coffee.
The only downside is that paper filters are also absorbent in nature hence they can absorb some of the tasty coffee oils that lend a unique flavor to the beverage. In some cases, the paper filters may results in a papery effect which destroys the taste of coffee.
- 1. CoffeeSock Reusable Filters Made to Fit Chemex
- 2. Titanium Coated Gold Pour Over Coffee Filter
- 3. Able Brewing Kone Coffee Filter
- 4. Paperless Stainless Steel Pour Over Coffee Filter
- 5. Reusable Coffee Strainer Tumbler Coffee Filter
- Things To Look For In A Pour Over Coffee Filter
- Steps To Clean A Reusable Coffee Filter
- Deep Cleaning A Reusable Coffee Filter
- Related Questions
Metal filters on the other hand only allow grounds of a certain size to pass through, hence you will often find a layer of sludge at the bottom. You should also make sure that you only buy the best Chemex reusable filter that is non-reactive so that you don’t get foreign flavors to pass into your cup of Java. Read on to find our review of the top five picks for reusable filters used in Chemex coffeemakers.
This includes a pack of two reusable filters that are a good alternative to nylon sacks and paper filters. These filters are well-built and they can last for more than a year. In fact, they can easily outperform any regular disposable or reusable filters in the market.
Made of organic cotton, the filter absorbs some of the oils released by coffee grounds during the filtration process, yet it allows lactic acids to pass. The resulting cuppa is rich, robust, and crisp with all the acids and negligible paper taste.
Those who like the rich texture of French press without the heavy oiliness will like the taste of coffee prepared by using this filter. Unlike paper filters, they don’t absorb a lot of flavors or lead a papery feel to the drink. When you buy CoffeeSock filters, you also do a good cause by supporting human beings who earn a living by sewing and packaging these filters.
Maintaining these reusable filters is also easy. You just need to dispose of the used coffee grounds, rinse thoroughly with water and hang the filter to try. Read the instructions carefully and do a 10 minutes fresh water boil to let the filter shrink slightly (which is normal). This further tightens the cloth layering and makes the filter more durable.
- Manufactured in the USA
- Made to fit a Chemex 6-13 cup carafe (carafe not included)
- Easy cleanup - Just empty grounds, rinse, and hang to thoroughly dry.
- High quality and less expensive than many market alternatives
- Made from Organic Cotton - a responsibly produced, renewable resource
These reusable organic cotton filter from CoffeeSock is a great product that serves as a compromise between paper and metal filters. Unlike a paper filter, it’s not flimsy and does not leave a papery taste in the coffee. Also unlike a metal filter, it does not allow fine grounds to pass through so you can enjoy a good cup of coffee without any sediments.
In the mornings when you want to feel like a barista brewing a cup of Java in a device that looks like a complex chemical apparatus, this metal filter serves as the best fit. Made from high-grade titanium coated stainless steel, this pour-over coffee filter can easily fit into Chemex coffee makers (see my reviews) of 6, 8, and 10 cups variations. It also works with most coffee drippers.
If you don’t like paper filters blocking the nutrients and natural oils extracted from the coffee beans, this reusable metal filter is a good solution. This is a more environment-friendly and economical alternative to using traditional paper filters. As the metal coffee filter comes with dual filtration capacity with a laser-cut filter inside and stainless steel mesh outside, you get great tasting coffee.
After you have poured out a delicious cup of mud, dump the used coffee grounds and rinse the coffee filter under running tap water (preferably warm). To keep it in optimal condition, descale the pour-over-filter by soaking it in a solution of warm water and distilled vinegar.
The manufacturer stands behind its product and backs it with a six months warranty. So, if you are not satisfied with the filter, you can return the product within six months and get a full refund.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST COFFEE MAKERS - Our pour over coffee filter is designed to fit Chemex coffee makers (6, 8, 10 cup) and Hario V60 02 and 03 drippers, as well as most standard coffee drippers.
- REUSABLE COFFEE FILTER | SAVES MONEY - Each purchase saves 25,000 paper filters from heading to the landfill. By making the earth-friendly decision to switch to a metal cone coffee filter today you’re helping save our planet tomorrow. Save hundreds of dollars by switching to our metal filter, no more wasting money each month on paper filters.
- BETTER TASTING COFFEE - Our metal cone coffee filter allows the natural coffee bean oils and nutrients to filter through to your cup while eliminating the paper taste from traditional filters. The result is a bolder and more flavorful cup of coffee. The dual filtration, with high quality stainless steel mesh on the inside and a laser-cut layer on the outside, keeps coffee grounds and grit in the filter and not in your cup.
- EASY CLEANING OPERATION - After use, simply empty your coffee grounds and rinse your copper tone coffee filter under warm running water. We also recommend descaling your pour over filter every 2-3 weeks by soaking it in a solution of distilled vinegar and warm water. Made from high quality stainless steel and titanium coated, this gold pour over filter will last a lifetime.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - We take pride in the quality of our products and the service we provide to our fellow home-baristas, that’s why we back up all our products with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. We believe happy barista’s make better coffee!
The titanium-coated pour-over coffee makes it clear that a great cup of coffee doesn’t necessarily come from expensive coffee makers or high-end coffee houses. It can be made in your own kitchen if you like to awaken the barista in you and this is one of the best Chemex reusable filter that can come handy.
Tired of bland and papery coffee brewed using a paper filter? It’s probably time to make a switch and the KONE Coffee Filter (see Amazon) comes across as a brilliant option. This is a reusable filter made from stainless steel, and unlike a paper filter, it does not absorb oils, so you get a delicious fuller-bodied coffee.
This filter made by Able Brewing has been designed to offer a solution for those looking for a sustainable substitute for the paper filter. It can easily fit Chemex Coffee Makers that can make 6, 8, and 10 cups of coffee. It also works well with the Hario V60 drippers.
The filter has a flat cone tip to ensure safety and there’s a food-safe plastic structure that supports the ring to keep it well-fitted on the top. If you want to reduce your use of paper filters and enjoy good coffee with less sediment, this Chemex filter is a good investment.
Some users have complained about the clogging issue but I feel if you take good care of the filter and clean it thoroughly after every use, this will not be an issue. This filter is also slightly more expensive than other filters in the market but this is an investment that pays in the long run.
Let nothing come between you and a great cuppa, and this stainless steel pour-over-coffee filter is just what you need to kick start your mornings. This aesthetically designed metal dripper is engineered to fit the most branded coffee carafes that can accommodate 6, 8 and 10 cups of coffee. It comes with a BPA-FREE silicone grip that beautifully complements the glass or wooden Chemex and holds the rim securely.
The stainless steel filter features a dual filter construction with high-quality mesh inside and laser-cut filter outside. This brilliant design prevents the fine coffee grounds from getting into the brew, thus you don’t get a lot of sediments. It also does not absorb the aromatic oils so you get a full-bodied, organic, and rich coffee every time.
By using less paper, you will not only save the planet but also save a lot of money otherwise spent on disposable paper filters or pods. Thus, this is a long term investment that can help you achieve the expertise of a barista right at home.
Cleaning the filter after every use is also pretty easy and you just need to run it through warm water. You can descale the filter every 2 weeks by soaking it in warm water and white distilled vinegar. The 90-days risk-free purchase further takes the stress out of your buying decision.
- ➤ DESIGNED TO FIT AND EXCEL – Our stainless steel dripper is carefully engineered to fit most branded coffee carafes including the 6, 8 and 10 cup Chemex Coffee Makers and Hario V60 02 and 03 drippers. Our removable BPA-FREE silicone grip complements your wooden or glass Chemex and grips the glass rim securely.
- ➤ UNLOCK NEW FLAVORS WITH DUAL FILTER CONSTRUCTION –Superior quality 18/8 304 Stainless Steel with DUAL FILTER technology: a superfine high-quality mesh on the inside and a laser-cut filter on the outside. This design prevents coffee grounds from getting through and does NOT absorb coffee’s essential oils and nutrients like paper filters do, allowing you to revel in a rich, organic brew every time!
- ➤ CLEAN UP HAS NEVER BEEN THIS EASY – Simply dump your coffee grounds out after each use, and rinse your filter under warm running water. Every 2 weeks or so, descale the filter by soaking it with white distilled vinegar and warm water.
- ➤ ECO-FRIENDLY & SAVE YOU MONEY – You’ll no longer need to spend money on disposable coffee filters or pods, which not only put a dent in your pocket, but also fill the earth’s landfills! Many drippers here on Amazon are made with poor construction that leads to messy clean up. Trust us, make the wise long-term investment on Ovalware Dripper and start crafting your very own, barista-level brews.
- ➤ WE WANT YOU! TO BE HAPPY – Choose OVALWARE if you care about quality and customer service. We have great confidence in the quality of our products, and we have the best customer service here on Amazon - which is why we are offering you a Risk-Free purchase. In the unlikely event our product fails to meet or exceed your expectations, you may return our product within 30 DAYS post-purchase to receive a FULL refund.
Their previous model was flimsy but then they came with an upgraded model that works better than before. Overall, this stainless steel filter does a good job of filtering the finest grounds so that you get a tasty cup of Java without any grainy sediments.
Do you hate it when you run out paper filters in cold winter mornings? Cut that woe and enjoy a refreshing cup of Java each day with the reusable coffee strainer made from high-quality stainless steel material. It boasts a radiant design that catches the eye and a round base that ensures that it fits in most carafes.
The tumbler coffee filter (check price) is built to work with Chemex 6-8 cups coffee maker and also the Hario v60 2. The double filter layers, metal gauze mesh filter, powerful filtration effect, and food hardware solid guarantees that you get a full-bodied cup of coffee without any sediments or odor.
Besides great functionality, the filter is also easy to clean after you enjoy your cuppa. Just hold the filter under hot water and rinse to clean it thoroughly. The company also offers 24 hours customer service so if you have any queries or have difficulties using it, get in touch with the representatives.
- ☕Prominent Radian Design,Easy to Operate:Its lightweight to take.Stainless steel handle，Round base design. Suitable for a variety of sharing pot and coffee cup, suit Hario v60 2/ Chemex6-8 cups coffee maker.
- ☕Eco-Friendly Design:Double-layer metal mesh,food hardware solid, powerful filtration effect. 304 stainless steel gauze mesh filter, no filter paper, double layer filtration without residue, no odor.
- ☕Flow Speed is Stable: no need to worry about the flow too fast or too slow, enjoy the leisure of coffee every moment.
- ☕Easy to Clean: after the production of coffee,just Water Rinse,it's clean. You can enjoy coffee easily.
- ☕ High-Quality Guarantee: Built by Stainless Steel 304 and Food Grade Silicone , we guarantee the product high quality and serve 24 customer service, you dont have problem in using it.
If you want to make a switch from paper filters then this stainless steel filter is a great choice. It not only gives you full-bodied flavor but also less sediments at the bottom of the cup. The filter fits cups and carafes of different brands and turns out to be a really wise investment.
While all the above-mentioned products are the best Chemex reusable filter worth your hard-earned money, here are a few things to consider. Each individual may seek something different from his morning cuppa, so take a look at these points
Things To Look For In A Pour Over Coffee Filter
The pour-over coffee filters are mostly made of paper but the biggest downside of using paper is that it tends to trap excess oils from the coffee beans. While this serves well for coffee fans who want their beverage to be less acidic, it takes away a lot from the flavor and taste. The paper filters are also called disposable filters because they are intended to discard after each use.
The reusable filters are made from high-grade stainless-steel mesh that are constructed in a way to allow more oils and nutrients to pass through them. They also give you a stronger and full-bodied coffee. While the reusable filters tend to be more expensive initially, their long term use makes them significantly cheaper. The reusable metal filters are also more eco-friendly than paper filters.
The filters with dual construction come with an interior and exterior filter to enable better filtration. It is designed to trap the smallest grinds so that you don’t get any sediments in your carafe, cup, or mug.
Carafe vs single-serve
Most of the pour-over filters can be used with almost any type of carafe or coffee maker. However, the solid-body filters that stand independently can also be placed over a mug, cup, or thermos. Choose a filter depending on whether you want to use it for a single cup or carafe.
Steps To Clean A Reusable Coffee Filter
The reusable filters don’t come cheap but they offer more savings in the long run and pay back their price. However, you must take good care of these filters to ensure that they last for long and also make flavorful coffee every time. Now that you know the best Chemex reusable filter, it’s time to take care.
A common complaint about metal filters is that they tend to get clogged and this happens when you don’t clean them properly after use. When the sieve gets clogged, the essential oils get trapped resulting in a mediocre tasting brew. There are two ways to clean after every use:
- Rinse the filter with warm water and mild soap, rinse thoroughly
- Wash the filter in the upper rack of a dishwasher
In both cases, remember to wipe the coffeemaker beneath the filter basket with the help of a damp cloth. This will keep your filter working like a dream. While cleaning in this way is enough on a daily basis, make sure you deep clean the filter once or twice a week. Follow the steps given below.
Deep Cleaning A Reusable Coffee Filter
When you notice that your coffee has started to taste bitter despite cleaning the filter regularly then it’s time to do a deep cleaning. I recommend doing this weekly to keep your filter in good condition, and if you use the filter too much, you may need to even deep clean more than once a week.
To deep clean, you simply need to soak the filter in a solution of distilled white vinegar and water in a 1:2 ratio. Leave it overnight for the best results. If you are hard-pressed for time, use a little baking soda and scrub-brush to get unclog the filter.
Why is Chemex considered better than many coffee makers?
Chemex is often considered by fans as a better option than other coffee makers because of its all-glass construction, unique shape, and filter. The glass construction gives extra flavors to your coffee, with less bitterness and clearer texture. There’s no sensation of heaviness as you find in a drip coffee.
Why are gold-tone coffee filters so much in demand?
The gold-tone coffee filters are better in many aspects such as they do not allow the harmful substances and toxic oils from getting into the beverage. It also retains the antioxidant properties of coffee making the drink full of health benefits. They also remove the bitterness from coffee to give it a refreshing taste.
Why are reusable filters better than their paper counterparts?
The paper filters are disposable so there is no need for cleaning, hence it allows a no-mess coffee making. However, they have a huge impact on the environment as a lot of trees are destroyed to make paper filters. By choosing the reusable filters, you not only reduce your carbon footprint on the planet but also reward yourself with a tastier cup of coffee.
See Also: CAN YOU REUSE CHEMEX FILTERS?
What’s the perfect grind size for Chemex coffee makers?
To get the best flavors and prevent too much sediment in your cup, use a medium-coarse grind size. Too fine or too big coffee grounds may also result in under extraction or over-extraction of the brew.