Want to give your baby something delicious when you visit a coffee shop? Learn more what is a Babyccino drink and fall in love with this little decaf treat.
Moms, dads, and babysitters are loving the Babyccino trend, an adorable, social-media-worthy drink trend first created by Aussies.
Fret not, parents — while some versions of the Babyccino can pack a decent sugar punch, this kid-friendly cup is loaded with calcium and only comes in decaf.
Here, we'll check out how coffee culture enthusiasts are enjoying their morning trip to Starbucks with their little ones in tow.
- What Is A Babyccino Drink?
- Concerned About Caffeine?
- Creating A Babyccino At Home
- Three Babyccino Recipe Variations
- The Final Word On What Is A Babyccino Drink
- FAQs On What Is A Babyccino Drink
What Is A Babyccino Drink?
The exact recipe for a Babyccino will vary depending on your barista, but you can depend on a few things: it'll be small, it'll be cute, and it'll be decaf.
Some coffee shops create an adorable little Babyccino topped with marshmallows, while others simply use a frother to create coffee-esque drinks for little ones.
Still other shops use decaf espresso topped with milk, creating a babyccino that's more similar to its grown-up counterpart than other versions.
Concerned About Caffeine?
If you want to make a babyccino for your little one, or you want to order one at the local coffee shop, rest assured that the small amount of caffeine in decaf espresso isn't likely to do any harm to your little one.
The amount of caffeine in one shot of decaf espresso is less than the caffeine in a soda. Prefer to leave out the espresso altogether? No worries — your baby will still love sipping on a cup of warm, frothy milk.
Creating A Babyccino At Home
Want to create a Babyccino for your little one in the comfort of your own home? Easy. If you want to include decaf espresso in your Babyccino, you'll need an espresso machine. If you're just going the steamed milk route, a milk frother is the only piece of equipment you'll need.
- Shot of decaf espressso
- Milk of your choice (non-dairy milk is fine)
- Cinnamon, cocoa powder, or marshmallows
1. Prepare the decaf espresso in a small coffee cup (the standard for a babyccino is an espresso cup).
2. Steam your milk on the stove or the microwave.
3. Remove milk from the heat source, use a milk frother to whip milk into foam.
- ☕【Premium Quality Milk Frother】The whisking head is made of high quality stainless steel, easy to clean. The frother wand is made of food grade ABS with easy and comfortable grip. Super sound-off without disturbing your families and gives you a calm and tranquil morning.
- ☕【Multifunctional Electric Whisk】Choose the spring whisking head to make the perfect milk foam and choose the ballon whisking head for egg beating. You Do not just have to use the electric milk frother with drinks - It is great with egg whites, salad dressings and more. Embrace your inner barista and give your homemade lattes, mochas and milkshakes delicious frothy tops with this milk-frother.
- ☕【Travel-Friendly】 The handheld milk frother is powered by 2 AA Batteries(NOT INCLUDED) Enjoy a frothy treat wherever you are, convenient in daily use.
- ☕【Turn on the switch】Remember push up the button slightly, then the stainless steel coil quickly whips warm milk or cream into light frothy milk, you can turn it off at any time without going through all the speeds. Never make a mess any more!
- ☕【Easy to Clean】Made of high quality stainless steel and ABS Food-Grade plastic and easy to clean with running water. Please note that the body of the milk foam machine is not waterproof, so please do not immerse it in water.
4. Carefully pour milk over espresso, starting at the center and moving outward in a circular motion.
5. Top with marshmallows (if your child is under the age of two, skip the marshmallows — they're a choking hazard), cocoa powder, or cinnamon.
6. Allow the drink to cool to an appropriate temperature before serving to your baby.
Three Babyccino Recipe Variations
Want to switch it up from the standard Babyccino recipe?
Try these three tips:
1. Skip the espresso altogether. Instead, add a few drops of vanilla extract or chocolate syrup to your little one's babyccino, providing a flavor boost to the milk they already love.
2. Get creative with toppings (be sure to consider choking hazards and choose age-appropriate options). Thinly sliced fruit, chocolate chips, and sprinkles can all be fun ways to spice up your child's drink.
3. Top your kiddo's Babyccino with a bit of whipped cream or cool whip.
The Final Word On What Is A Babyccino Drink
Your little one loves to play grown-up, and enjoying a Babyccino at the coffee shop can be a fun way to spend some time relaxing with you. Making your own Babyccino at home can also be a special time to bond with your kiddo.
FAQs On What Is A Babyccino Drink
What is the nutritional information for Babyccinos?
The exact nutritional information for your Babyccino will depend on whether you use decaf espresso or just milk. The type of milk you use will make a difference as well.
If you go with the standard Starbucks Babyccino recipe (simple frothed milk in a 2 oz. espresso cup), your baby will get 34 calories, 1.84 grams of fat, 2.56 grams of carbohydrates, and 1.83 grams of protein.
At what age can my baby have a Babyccino?
If your baby is six months of age, they're good to enjoy a decaf Babyccino with you at your local coffee shop. Of course, if you have concerns, or aren't sure whether dairy is a good fit for your little one, be sure to check in with your pediatrician.