If you are looking for the best things to put in coffee, take a look at our helpful list below!
If you are anything like me, the only reason why you even consider getting out of bed in the morning is the promise that you are going to have coffee touching your lips in the near future.
There is nothing quite like the sound of coffee hitting the pot as it finishes the brewing process. Then, the aroma of fresh grounds is released into the air, leading to an unrivaled morning experience.
At the same time, there is a good chance that this isn't going to be your only cup of coffee for the day. What can you do to switch up your coffee experience and add a unique twist or two to your morning routine? Take a look at a few of the best things to put in coffee below!
- 1. Cinnamon: Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 2. Cocoa Powder: BetterBody Foods Organic Cacao Powder
- 3. Vanilla Extract: Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 4. Ginger: Simply Organic Ginger Root
- 5. Mint: That’s Tasty Herb Mint
- The Final Word on the Best Things to Put in Coffee
- FAQs on the Best Things to Put in Coffee
1. Cinnamon: Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
If you are someone who loves to add sugar to your coffee, then why not switch it up every once in a while and go with cinnamon instead? First, cinnamon is significantly lower in calories when compared to sugar.
Furthermore, cinnamon can also have a positive impact on your immune system, making it even healthier. Therefore, think about adding just a pinch of cinnamon powder to your coffee. Then, dissolve it in your coffee with the help of a cinnamon stick.
This is a great way for you to make your morning coffee just a bit more interesting! Give Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder a try!
- ORGANIC CEYLON CINNAMON POWDER (CINNAMOMUM VERUM) - 16oz/453g Resealable Bag (1 Pound)
- IMPORTED 100% RAW FROM SRI LANKA - This bag contains certified organic, 100% raw ceylon cinnamon powder from Sri Lanka.
- HEALTHY & DELICIOUS - Our Ceylon Cinnamon, or "TRUE CINNAMON", has a milder cinnamon flavor that is great for baked goods, cooking or added as a spice to hot beverages.
- CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC - All our products are certified USDA Organic by California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF), a leader in organic certification. Look for the USDA Organic seal on our products!
- LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK - If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of our Ceylon Cinnamon for any reason, just email us and we'll refund your order in full, no questions asked!
2. Cocoa Powder: BetterBody Foods Organic Cacao Powder
If you are looking for another way to sweeten up your morning cup of coffee, then consider going with some cocoa powder! A lot of people already like to add chocolate syrup to their coffee to make it taste a little sweeter.
On the other hand, chocolate syrup is also filled with a bunch of additives and contains significantly more calories. Instead of going with that syrup, why not add some cocoa powder directly to your coffee instead?
It is perfect for giving you your caffeine fix in addition to providing you with the sugary taste that you are looking for. Consider giving BetterBody Foods Organic Cacao Powder a try!
- LESS FAT & FEWER CALORIES: Chocolate is a staple in most households, but it can make people feel guilty because it is often associated with candy and sugary treats. Our Organic Cacao Powder provides you with a more nutritious alternative to regular chocolate. Our chocolate has the same great flavor as ordinary cocoa with the added benefits of organic cacao and less guilt.
- BEST TASTING CACAO POWDER: Who doesn’t love indulging in a chocolate treat every once in a while? Our Organic Cacao Powder may seem like an unlikely contender when compared to the powdered cocoa you’re used to, but think again! It can be used as a substitute for ordinary chocolate powder in nearly any dish. It is the smart way to get your chocolate fix!
- ORGANIC CHOCOLATE: Our Organic Cacao Powder (formerly LIVfit Superfood Organic Cacao Powder) can give you a boost of nutrients in each serving! This cacao powder is a great addition to any post-workout routine and can be used alongside the protein powder that you already use. This product comes in a 16 oz. bag and is USDA organic, non-GMO, and kosher certified. Oh, and it's also gluten-free!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Nowadays, looking at food labels and nutrition facts can be confusing. To simplify your chocolate powder experience, we made Organic Cacao Powder with one simple all-natural ingredient: organic cacao from Peru. No more ingredients that you can’t pronounce. With our cacao powder, you know that you’re getting the real deal.
- BLEND, BAKE, OR SHAKE: Kick cocoa to the curb and try cooking and baking with our Organic Cacao Powder. Mix into baked goods like bread, pancakes, waffles, cakes, and cookies to add a great chocolatey flavor. You can also blend it into breakfast smoothies and other tasty drinks. Great for men and women who are chocolate lovers. The possibilities are endless!
3. Vanilla Extract: Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
Again, process, artificial syrups are simply not the way to go. If you are more of a fan of vanilla than chocolate, then you should also consider adding vanilla extract to your coffee.
Even though you can also try hazelnut extract, vanilla extract is one of the most popular options. It will provide you with that sweet boost you need in the morning to help you open your eyes!
If you are looking for vanilla extract that you can add to your coffee, then consider going with Simply Organic Vanilla Extract! You will not be disappointed!
- VANILLA EXTRACT - Simply Organic Vanilla Extract is made from the Madagascar Bourbon variety of vanilla beans and has no added sugar. Buttery smooth, extra-sweet flavor and subtle floral notes make this vanilla extract great for desserts and sauces. But don't stop there — vanilla is also now commonly used in smoothies, savory dishes and even DIY home care. This item is not available for expedited shipping and must be shipped via ground service.
- AUTHENTIC VANILLA - This is REAL vanilla. No GMOs. No sugar. No fake color. No fake flavor. Certified Organic by QAI. Kosher Certified by KSA. Warm, drool-worthy aroma. Deep amber color. Rich flavor so smooth and naturally sweet, Cook’s Illustrated voted it the #1 Vanilla Extract in 2018.
- SOURCED FROM MADAGASCAR - Grown in Madagascar by small-scale farmer co-ops. We develop genuine relationships at the source with growers, ensuring production that is environmentally friendly and yields high-quality vanilla.
- PURE AND POTENT FLAVOR - Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that we know precisely what you’re getting, and from where. All of our products are grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or GMOs.
- ABOUT US - Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
4. Ginger: Simply Organic Ginger Root
If you are thinking that you have to be crazy to add ginger to your coffee, you are not alone. At the same time, there are lots of people who love gingerbread cookies, right? Therefore, consider stepping outside your comfort zone and add a bit of ginger to your coffee.
Once you do it, you are going to fall in love with it. If you add a couple of slices of fresh ginger root to your coffee, it will instantly remind you of Christmas. Or, you can even add some ginger powder to your coffee if you prefer.
You can even top off your coffee with some graham crackers to make it an entire experience. Consider choosing Simply Organic Ginger Root.
- 1.64 ounces; Glass bottle
- A-grade, peeled and unsulfited organic ginger root with a spicy sweet flavor and aroma
- Certfied Organic; Kosher
- 1% of sales supports organic farming
- A Brand of Frontier Co-op, responsible to people and planet
5. Mint: That’s Tasty Herb Mint
Another unusual option is fresh mint. Think about adding a refreshing touch to your coffee with a mint leaf or two. Think about turning your coffee into a peppermint mocha without the chocolate.
Of course, you are certainly welcome to mix cocoa powder with mint leaves as well! Think about trying That’s Tasty Herb Mint and spice up your coffee!
The Final Word on the Best Things to Put in Coffee
Ultimately, if you are looking for the best things to put in coffee, then consider giving a few of these options a try. You are probably someone who is not able to get out of bed in the morning without that morning cup of coffee.
At the same time, you also want to make it a bit more interesting. These coffee additions are sure to turn your good cup of coffee into a great one!
FAQs on the Best Things to Put in Coffee
What can I add to coffee to make it healthy?
If you are looking for a way to make your coffee healthier, consider removing caffeine from your coffee in the afternoon. That way, you will not have a hard time falling asleep at night. Or, consider going with an organic brand instead of a processed brand. These are a few of the ways that you can make your coffee a little bit healthier.
Is adding syrup to my coffee bad for me?
It depends on exactly what type of syrup you are adding to your coffee. At the same time, you should also be careful if you are using coffee syrup. A lot of it contains high fructose corn syrup, which can drive up your calorie count and carb count in a hurry. Consider going with a powder or an extract instead.
Can I make my coffee into an alcoholic beverage?
If you are looking for a way to make your coffee into an alcoholic beverage, you should consider adding Kahlua, butterscotch schnapps, bourbon, or Grand Marnier to your coffee. Of course, make sure that you are ready to begin drinking if you take this step!