Coffee lovers need to know the difference between a latte and a mocha, Italian or Americano. Here we cover the best words for coffee lovers
Yet sometimes keeping these words straight is a challenge. Maybe you're readying some coffee quotes to put on your social media and realize you don't really know what Arabica is or why hot coffee is the best coffee. This list of words for coffee lovers will help you keep things straight the next time you head to your favorite coffee shop.
|Premium coffee from Hawaii||From $22||Save With a Triple Pack|
|High performance coffee drinks||From $24.95||Shop now|
Important Words For Coffee Lovers To Know
So what words should you know if you're going to be a concessioner of coffee? How can you choose well if you're buying coffee gifts for a friend?
These are some of the most important coffee words to add to your vocabulary. They are grouped by category, such as coffee gifts or types of coffee and coffee drinks. to make finding the right term simple. So keep reading to improve your coffee terminology as you continue to enjoy the robust flavor of this popular drink.
1. French Press: A French press is a coffee maker that brews ground coffee and by steeping it in hot water and then plunging the mixture to push the grounds out. This pulls more of the flavor out of the coffee bean grounds for a high-quality coffee.
2. Grinder: A device that grinds coffee beans before coffee is brewed.
3. Roaster: A device that roasts coffee beans. Home coffee roasters make great gifts for coffee lovers because they can get the exact roast they want from the raw beans.
Coffee Beans And Plants
4. Arabica: Arabica is the coffee plant that creates about 70% of the coffee in the world, and it has the richer flavor of the two main coffee plants.
5. Blends: Coffee beans from multiple places of origin that get mixed together to create one coffee are known as blends.
6. Coffee Beans: The beans from which coffee is made. Coffee beans are roasted and ground before sold to make coffee. Some coffee drinkers prefer to grind their beans right before brewing the coffee to get the freshest flavor.
7. Green Coffee: Unroasted coffee beans, which are called green because of their green color.
8. Robusta Coffee: Coffee that comes from the robusta coffee plant that grows in sub-Saharan Africa. This is considered a less high-quality coffee.
9. Single Origin: Coffee beans that come from just one origin country.
10. Affagato: A dessert made by pouring espresso over ice cream.
11. Americano: Americano is made by adding hot water to a shot of espresso to create a specialized drink. It may look simple, but it has a robust flavor.
12. Cafe Au Lait: A mixed coffee drink that is one-third espresso or coffee and two-thirds frothed milk.
13. Cappuccino: Cappuccino is made from espresso, steamed milk and milk foam mixed in equal parts.
14. Cold Brew: A chilled coffee drink made by steeping coarse-ground coffee in water at room temperature for six to 12 hours for a strong coffee.
15. Decaf: Decaf is coffee that has had the caffeine content removed.
16. Espresso: A strong black coffee drink made from forcing steam through coffee grounds.
17. Iced coffee: This chilled coffee drink typically has a sweet flavor and is poured over ice.
18. Macchiato: A mixed coffee that is made with a shot of espresso and a dash of milk.
19. Mocha: Espresso, milk and chocolate mixed into a mixed coffee drink.
20. French Roast: A dark brown roast that creates an oily surface on the coffee bean.
21.Full-City Roast: A medium-dark roast of coffee.
22.Italian Roast: A very dark roast coffee that looks nearly black.
23. Coffeeholic: A word to describe a coffee lover or coffee addict.
24. Cup of Joe: A slang term that refers to a cup of coffee.
25. Java: An Indonesian island where coffee grows. The word java is now a synonym for a cup of coffee.
Other Coffee Terms
26. Barista: A barista is someone who makes specialty coffees in a coffee shop or cafe. Many baristas view their work as art.
27. Body: Reference to how a coffee feels in the mouth. It can have a thin or a thick feel or body.
28. Caffe: The Italian word for coffee.
29. Chaff: The skin of the coffee bean that is removed during the roasting process. If left in place, the coffee becomes bitter.
30. Instant Coffee: Powdered brewed coffee bean crystals that can be instantly turned into a hot cup of coffee with the addition of hot water or milk.
A Final Word On Words For Coffee Lovers
Whether you drink coffee yourself or are looking for coffee gifts for someone you care about, knowing some basic terminology is important. It will also help you make an informed order at Starbucks. Either way, adding these words for coffee lovers to your vocabulary will help you enjoy your next “cup of joe” just a little more.
FAQs About Words For Coffee Lovers
What do you call a coffee lover?
A coffee lover could be called a coffee aficionado, coffeeholic or coffee addict.
What are some good gifts for coffee lovers?
Wall art, coffee mugs, home grinders, home roasters and shirts with coffee quotes are all excellent coffee gifts.