Crystal boba iced coffee is the perfect treat for any time of the day. Crystal boba is unique by being transparent hence why it is called crystal boba. Crystal boba makes your drink look even more appealing and can be enjoyed with delicious milky coffee.
This recipe demonstrates how to make tasty crystal boba iced coffee.
What Is Crystal Boba?
How to Make the Perfect Crystal Boba Coffee
This recipe will tell you everything you need to know about making the perfect crystal-clear boba. Crystal boba is so unique and appealing due to its transparent appearance and delicious flavor. You can enjoy this boba iced coffee straight away or snap a picture for Instagram before you enjoy it!
If you love bubble tea, our explainer on how many calories are in crystal boba may be helpful.
How to Make Crystal Boba Iced Coffee
- Plastic wrap
- Boba straw
- White boba pearls
- Simple syrup
- Coffee – you can use instant coffee or brewed espresso.
- Dairy or creamer – cow’s milk or plant-based milk will work perfectly.
- Ice – for a delicious and chilled drink.
- Wide straws – make sure to buy some wide straws to drink up the tapioca pearls, for an eco-friendly option there are stainless steel boba straws available online.
Prepare the Crystal Boba
- First, start by bringing a medium-sized saucepan of water to a boil.
- Next, add 1/2 of uncooked white boba pearls.
- Cook for 1 hour, stirring often.
- Strain the partially cooked boba.
- Rinse gently with warm water.
- Add boba to a bowl, cover with cold water and cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Leave the pearls to soak in the fridge for 8+ hours.
- Strain the boba pearls again and place them into boiling water for a second time. Boil them until they turn clear. This should take 10-20 minutes.
- Add boba to a bowl and mix in 2-4tbsp of simple syrup so that the boba is fully coated. You should now have sparkly crystal boba pearls.
Prepare the Iced Boba Coffee
- Mix 2 tbsp instant coffee and mix with ¼ cup of water. Alternatively, use brewed espresso and set it aside.
- Add crystal boba to your glass, add as much as you would like. For best results, add 3-4 tbsp scoops of boba.
- Fill your glass half full of ice.
- Pour milk or dairy alternative over the ice until about ¾ full.
- Add the espresso mixture to the glass.
- Add your boba straw, stir, and enjoy.
Our Crystal Boba Iced Coffee Recipe Tips
- Add some flavor. For an even more delicious boba drink, swap out the simple syrup and mix the boba pearls with flavored syrup such as vanilla, hazelnut, or caramel.
- Make it stronger. Add more coffee. Use a brewed double espresso or double up the instant coffee mixture for an extra caffeine kick.
- Top it off. Add toppings to your crystal boba iced coffee. Top your coffee off with whipped cream and flavored sauce! Try caramel or chocolate drizzle, or even add some chocolate chips or crumbled cookies. Get creative, add your favorite treats.
Best Crystal Boba Iced Coffee Recipe
This crystal Boba iced coffee recipe explains how to make a drink, friends and family will love.
- White boba pearls
- Simple syrup
- Dairy or creamer
- Wide straws
Recipe Instructions: 1. Mix 2 tbsp instant coffee and mix with ¼ cup of water. Alternatively, use brewed espresso and set it aside. 2. Add crystal boba to your glass, add as much as you would like. For best results, add 3-4 tbsp scoops of boba. 3. Fill your glass half full of ice. 4. Pour milk or dairy alternative over the ice until about ¾ full. 5. Add espresso mixture to the glass. 6. Add your boba straw, stir, and enjoy.