Ten of the worst coffee creamers that you should never put in your coffee.
For those who love a little extra touch of flavor in their coffee, a coffee creamer may seem like a good bet. You can get them in so many flavors and sweetness levels, even dairy-free.
But not all coffee creamers are created equal. Some are bad tasting, and some are just bad for you. Here are ten of the worst coffee creamers you may want to avoid putting in your coffee.
This is all down to personal preference- we might list a creamer you love!
1. Milkadamia: Vanilla
To kick off this list, we have Milkadamia. Milkadamia creamers use macadamia nuts and coconut for a dairy-free option with tons of flavor options. It’s pretty easy to spot in most supermarkets thanks to the gorgeous, enticing packaging that just begs to be brought home with you.
And that’s where the good points stop. It has so much potential but falls flat once it hits the coffee. Here’s the problem, there’s barely any flavor. Most of the Milkadamia creamers just end up tasting the same once it’s added to your coffee, and it’s not very creamy at all.
- Kosher, gluten-free and vegan
- Made with raw, unroasted nuts
- Non-GMO project verified
- One 32 ounce carton of Milkadamia macadamia milk, unsweetened vanilla
- See nutrition facts panel for allergens
2. Mooala: Banana Nut
Going with another dairy-free option, we have Mooala. Mooala is marketed as a healthier, dairy-free option that is mostly almonds and coconut cream. You can get it in unique flavors like vanilla bean and banana nut.
For those trying to watch their sugar intake, this creamer also has no sugar. Unfortunately, the flavor just isn’t great.
- Banana Nut Creamer: Made with real, Organic and non-GMO almonds, coconut cream and bananas, our new formula gluten-free, dairy-free creamer makes your morning coffee even more delicious
- Non-Perishable: Shipped in a pack of 4, each 11-oz. carton can be left in your pantry until you’re ready to upgrade your coffee; once open, keep creamer in the fridge to maintain koala-ty freshness
- Actually Creamy Plant-Based Creamer: No need to sacrifice quality, taste or consistency – Mooala's Banana Nut Creamer won’t separate when added to your hot coffee
- One Smart Swap: Treat yourself to delicious morning coffee without the dairy – our Banana Nut Creamer lightens and sweetens your coffee with just a touch of banana flavor
- Simply Put, It’s Simple Goodness: Mooala uses real ingredients to make premium, USDA-Organic, dairy-free beverages and creamers for the whole family
3. So Delicious: Snickerdoodle
Guilt-free coffee creamer seems like such a solid selling point, but without flavor, what’s the point? Sure, Smart for Life creamer drops the carbs, calories, and sugar, but it also leaves out the flavor. To make matters worse, it seems to make coffee sickly sweet with a strange texture.
- ZERO CALORIE COFFEE CREAMER – WOW! It’s almost impossible these days to find a sugar free coffee creamer that actually tastes good. But Smart for Life finally made it possible by combining their 10 years of manufacturing experience with a 20 year Bariatric physician to formulate a zero calorie creamer that won’t compromise your diet. Finally indulge in that morning cup of joe without sacrificing your waistline!
- SUGAR FREE CREAMER: Consuming too much sugar can give you cravings that can make dieting and healthy living harder to achieve. With Smart for Life’s Zilch Calorie Free Creamer, help manage that sweet tooth by limiting your daily sugar intake with every cup of coffee you drink. This sugar free sweetener is great for people following a low-GI or low carb diet.
- DELICIOUS, GUILT FREE TASTE: This French Vanilla zero calorie coffee creamer has that same great taste of the creamer you’re used to, but without all the added sugar and unnecessary ingredients. And unlike other sugar-free creamers, Smart for Life’s Zilch Creamer doesn’t have that weird chalky texture or bad aftertaste. Why compromise taste when you don’t have to?
- MADE IN THE USA: Smart for Life’s Zilch Calorie Free Coffee Creamer is made in the USA using the highest quality standards in the industry and is doctor designed for optimal results. Non-GMO, this sugar-free creamer is free of harmful chemicals and preservatives. Smart for Life products are always made inside an SQF Level 2 Certified facility and are third party certified.
4. Dunkin’ Donuts: Extra Extra
Everyone loves the sweet drinks and confections from Dunkin’ Donuts. Bringing Dunkin’ home with a coffee creamer is going to be great, right?
Not so much.
To start, while the creamers simulate classic Dunkin’ flavors, you don’t get nearly the same quality of drink at home. Second, these creamers can be over the top powerful with hyper-sweet flavors that almost make your teeth ache. Don’t add too much or you might not taste your coffee at all.
- Made with real cream and sugar
- Sweet and creamy taste
- Gluten free
5. Coffee-Mate: All of them
Powdered or liquid, Coffee-Mate has been a staple creamer for ages. In terms of coffee creamer, it does the job.
So why is Coffee-Mate on this list? For health reasons.
Coffee-mate is one of the only creamers that still contains corn syrup or carrageenan as a leading ingredient. These additives can pose health risks such as inflammation, bloating, and general digestive issues.
6. International Delight Candy Bar Flavors
International Delight is another one of those brands that you’ll find anywhere. They dominate every supermarket and little corner store. Like Coffee-Mate, they are generally okay as far as coffee creamer goes.
But then you look at the Candy Bar flavors. This includes Almond Joy and Hershey’s. That may sound delicious, but these flavors are seriously packed with sugar and barely emulate the actual candy bar.
7. Natural Bliss: Sweet Almond
Coffee-mate tried to mend their ways with an all-natural variety of creamers. They are marketed as being a healthy option made from oats and almonds, with added protein and MCT oil. On the surface, that all sounds great.
Where this creamer fails is when you try to use it as a creamer. The formula is too thick and doesn’t mix into the coffee very well. Considering it is a coffee creamer, mixing it into the coffee is the one thing you would want it to do.
- # THIS IS NOT A CASE. PLEASE read Description & Title properly before purchase #
- -- ONLY 1 ITEM -- CUBIC: 0.066
- LENGTH: 3.45. WIDTH: 3.5. HEIGHT: 9.5. WEIGHT: 7.13
8. Silk: Soy Creamer
This is one of those creamers that’s trying to look like a healthy option, but the truth is in the fine print. This creamer is made from soy and has plenty of added sugar. It’s also not great if you have soy sensitivity.
- Velvety Foam - Glossy micro foam for beautiful latte art and drizzles
- Use hot or cold - formulated for versatility, great for lattes, tea or smoothies
- Sold as a case of (6) 64oz half gallon shelf stable cartons
- Steams without separating - A dairy-free choice that holds up to heat
9. Coffee-Mate: Sugar-Free
So if the problem with Coffee-Mate was the sugar, then what about the sugar-free option?
Sadly, this is still a hard no. If anything, the sugar-free option is potentially worse for you. Instead of using corn syrup, they instead use corn syrup solids, which is a heavily processed version of, you guessed it, corn syrup.
Well, that’s the worst out of the way, now check out the Most Expensive Coffee Creamers.
- One 10.2 oz bottle of Nestle Coffee mate Chocolate Creme Flavored Sugar Free Powder Coffee Creamer SNAP and EBT Eligible item
- Sugar free chocolate creme coffee creamer transforms every cup of coffee with its smooth, satisfying flavor
- This non dairy coffee creamer powder is also gluten free and lactose free
- This Coffee mate sugar free creamer powder contains 0 grams of sugar per serving
- Powder creamer makes it easy to pour, stir and enjoy
10. Califia Farms: Pecan Caramel
Califia Farms made a splash as a dairy-free alternative that relies on natural cane sugar to sweeten the creamer, but they can be a hit-and-miss on flavor.
They make a variety of cold brews and even creamers, and some are great, but the Pecan Caramel isn’t one of them. It’s too sweet and leaves an odd aftertaste that’s tough to shake.
- THICK AND RICH: Pecan caramel almondmilk creamer is a rich, thick, luscious non-dairy creamer deserving of your morning coffee
- DREAMY PECAN-CARAMEL FLAVOR: With low sugar and delicious pecan nutty-caramel flavor, this creamer tastes indulgent but is guilt-free
- BLENDS BEAUTIFULLY: Pecan Caramel Almondmilk Creamer blends beautifully with coffee and tea: no separating, no clumping
- VERSATILE IN KITCHEN: Smooth and not too sweet, it's the perfect plant milk for drinks and recipes
- LOVES YOU BACK: This plant-based non-dairy creamer is free of hydrogenated oils and artificial ingredients