Coffee cups can be crucial for personal use or your next coffee social gathering. Answer the question, where can I buy disposable coffee cups in this article.
I had a realization a few weeks ago. I can’t remember the last time I held a party cup. I’m not sure if this comes with age, but the beverages my body accepts these days are either water or coffee, with the occasional hot tea.
I’m not complaining; I’ve learned you can socialize with people much easier with a coffee in hand. This is where disposable coffee cups come in handy. I don’t have enough coffee mugs in the house to accommodate my visitors, so a stack of these comes in handy.
Thankfully, disposable coffee cups are widely available in this day and age.
- Disposable Coffee Cups Are Everywhere
- Know Your Disposables
- Biodegradables And Compostables
- Degradables And Recyclables
- Choosing The Best Disposable Coffee Cup
- FAQs On Where Can I Buy Disposable Coffee Cups
Disposable Coffee Cups Are Everywhere
Nearly every convenience store offers disposable coffee cups, which you can find stacked and packaged. If you’re going to do your grocery shopping, hypermarkets such as Walmart and Target sell these. You can also order online, although it might take time before it reaches your doorstep.
Of course, the downside of being readily available is that it’s also widely disposed of. Around 500 billion disposable coffee cups are manufactured each year and most of which are a challenge to recycle. As responsible coffee lovers, we can start knowing which type of disposable cups you should use and which cups to avoid.
Know Your Disposables
Before we proceed, I’d like to disclose that we’re familiar with how plastic or styrofoam cups affect the environment. Let’s do away with these and focus on the paper ones.
They come in all shapes and sizes, but they’re also not as innocent as they seem. Most of the disposable paper coffee cups we’re accustomed to contain plastic resin or polyethylene lining. It’s the main reason why it can hold a hot beverage.
Biodegradables And Compostables
These are the most eco-friendly types. Biodegradables can be integrated back into the environment as microorganisms can break them down.
Compostables are pretty much the same, but the difference is that this cup is made from organic materials that are easily absorbed by the environment without releasing any harmful toxins.
Degradables And Recyclables
The main concern with degradable is that they should be processed chemically before they can be broken down. On another note, recyclables are somewhat problematic since not all coffee cups can be recycled. It will still depend on what resin identification code it’s under and if your nearby facilities accept it for recycling.
Choosing The Best Disposable Coffee Cup
Now that we’ve narrowed down our options, we’ll focus more on biodegradable and compostable disposable coffee cups.
If you’re looking for the best ones, here are my suggestions.
1. Green Solutions Products Compostable Cups
Lined with plant-based polylactic acid (PLA), Green Solutions’ bamboo-based compostable cups are perfect for those who compost at home (ideal if gardening is your hobby). The cups can hold hot or iced drinks and insulate well for a compostable cup.
- Our compostable cup is made from bamboo, a much more renewable, eco friendly resource than conventional trees. Bamboo reaches maturity and is able to be harvested at a 1000% higher rate.
- Our biodegradable product breaks down more easily than plastic or paper cups. This disposable product is ideal for industrial composting. This product can be backyard composted, however; at a longer rate than industrial composting.
- The bamboo cup is more durable, despite the alternative material. It is capable of holding hot or cold liquids.
- Our recyclable packaging comes with 100 compstable cups that is perfect for any party or event no matter how many people!
- Stay green and eco friendly with our product. In addition to growing at a faster rate than conventional trees, bamboo also releases more oxygen into the environment!
2. Comfy Package Biodegradable Coffee Cups
Comfy Packages’ biodegradable coffee cups are made from natural and unbleached paper to ensure the quality of taste of your cup of Joe. Since it’s also lined with PLA, it is fully compostable, guaranteeing your nearby facilities will process it.
- Eco-Friendly Compostable Paper Cups- 25 count pack of 12 oz. paper disposable coffee cups are great for hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea and juices.
- PLA Lined- eco-friendly paper 12 oz. coffee cups are PLA lined, making them fully compostable in commercial facilities, so no imprint is left on our planet.
- Natural Unbleached Paper- these paper cups are unbleached and made from 100% natural paper. Chemical free and no artificial dyes, these are the natural choice for your beverages.
- Ultra Thick Paper- these hot cups are made of specialty thick paper, making it suitable for hot drinks and keeping the cups leak-resistant.
- Rolled Rim- its rolled rim provides extra strength and firmness to the cup, and fits all standard 90 mm lids (3 1/2 inches). key words
3. Green Grass Disposable Paper Cup
If the options above are too plain, you can try this grass design 100% biodegradable and compostable coffee cup; this is also a PLA-lined cup.
Are you planning to go greener? I would still recommend reusable coffee cups or mugs made from stainless steel or food-grade silicone. You might also want to check out which materials are best to use for coffee cups to help you decide!
- Special Green Grass Design Paper Hot Cup.
- Produced with the highest grade and Eco-friendly materials.
- 100% food safe, BPA free, and made from eco-friendly and recyclable paper material. Stackable for optimal storage space, conveniently disposable for easy cleanup.
- Ideal for home or office everyday use, perfect for party or other event.
- 8 oz, 50 count cups in one package.
FAQs On Where Can I Buy Disposable Coffee Cups
Does A Disposable Coffee Cup Affect The Taste Of Coffee?
Yes, it does. These are still manufactured and processed no matter how compostable, biodegradable, or recyclable the cups are. Make sure to choose the correct kind of cup suitable for drinking coffee.
I don’t recommend making this a daily habit, either. It’s still best to enjoy your cup of Joe in a porcelain or ceramic mug. Let’s reserve the disposable ones for the occasional get-togethers.
Can I Reuse Disposable Coffee Cups?
Generally speaking, yes, you can reuse it, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Not only will it deform once you’ve washed and dried it, but the cup’s component will break down over time and will blend with your beverage the next time you use it.
It’s better to either throw it in your green bin, compost it, or upcycle it!