Asking, “What is Iaso Tea?” Iaso Tea is a herbal tea made from high-quality ingredients that can help detoxify your body, improve your digestion, and aid in weight loss.
Iaso tea is popular in the supplement market manufactured by Total Life Changes (TLC) and Dr. Bill Miller. It claims to be one of the top five direct-selling products globally.
Iaso teas – Original and Instant – have different ingredients, but both of them can help with your body’s detoxification and weight management. Not only does it help you achieve healthy weight loss, but it also provides essential nutrients to promote all-around wellness.
TLC markets Iaso Tea as a supplement to weight loss and is only effective when paired with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Also, keep in mind that weight loss differs from person to person – what works for other people may not work for you.
- A Closer Look At The Ingredients
- Iaso Tea Health Benefits
- Possible Iaso Tea Side Effects
- What Is Iaso Tea FAQs
A Closer Look At The Ingredients
Since the Original and Instant versions of Iaso Tea have different ingredients, we reviewed them separately.
Iaso Tea Original
Iaso Tea Original comprises a variety of laxative and anti-inflammatory herbs. These herbs include the following:
- Myrrh: Myrrh is a type of resin obtained from trees native to Asia and Africa. It acts as a laxative. Aside from that, it can treat bacterial infections and inflammation.
- Blessed or Holy Thistle: Blessed or holy thistle is an ancient plant used for centuries to treat many different diseases, increase appetite, improve indigestion, and reduce inflammation. Its diuretic properties help you move extra fluid and salt out of your body.
- Papaya Leaf/Carica Papaya Extract: Papaya contains an enzyme called papain, which can help improve digestion, ease a sore throat, and reduce inflammation. It can also lower blood sugar levels, but use caution if you have diabetes, hypoglycemia, or take medications that regulate blood sugar.
- Persimmon Leaves: Persimmon leaves have been used in Chinese medicine for many centuries because of their many health benefits. It can treat bacterial infections, reduce inflammation, and lower blood sugar levels. It also has diuretic properties, and side effects include increased urination due to extra fluid and salt moving out of your body.
- Chamomile/Matricaria Chamomilla Extract: Chamomile is a herb rich in flavonoids, often used for medicinal properties. It contains high amounts of apigenin, which can help improve sleep. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help lower blood sugar levels.
- Malva Leaves/Marshmallow: Malva and marshmallow are two herbs from the same plant family. Malva is often used to treat stomach problems and reduce inflammation. Marshmallow is used to reduce irritation of the stomach and relieve constipation.
- Ginger: Ginger also has laxative and diuretic properties and can help improve indigestion. Consuming ginger can also increase thermogenesis, which significantly influences weight loss.
- IASO Tea is a digestive system tea which helps to gently detoxify and lose weight naturally
- IASO natural detox tea bags is a mild tasting tea derived from all natural, organic herbs and plants. It is formulated to gently cleanse your digestive tract and detoxify your whole body while helping you experience weight loss.
- Formula is designed to help weight loss - reducing appetite so you will feel fuller longer and eat less
- IASO Tea special blend of all‐natural ingredients is designed for those with sensitive systems, adding known ingredients that help soothe both the upper and lower digestive track.
- Just 2 cups a day of this mild, yet powerful tea can provide you with with essential enzymes. Continued use helps maintain a healthy and cleansed colon
Iaso Instant Tea
Iaso Instant Tea contains only four ingredients – chamomile, papaya, senna extract, and soluble fiber.
- Senna/Cassia Angustifolia Extract: Senna extract is a common laxative that can help ease conspiration.
- Soluble Fiber: Soluble fiber can help improve digestion, lower cholesterol, and increase nutrient absorption.
- IASO Tea helps to gently detoxify
- IASO natural detox tea bags
- Designed to help so you will feel fuller longer
- IASO Tea special blend of all‐natural ingredients
- Just 2 cups a day of this mild, yet powerful tea
Iaso Tea Health Benefits
Some ingredients of Iaso Tea could be harmful when taken in high doses, such as myrrh and blessed thistle. However, they are safe in low enough quantities, so you don’t have to worry about having an overdose.
Chamomile is high in active somniferous compounds, which can help lower stress and anxiety and promote better sleep. You might also be interested in our guide on what red clover tea is good for.
1. Sustained Weight Loss
Instead of having unhealthy meals, snacks, or sugary drinks, why not try Iaso Tea? Its effective detox formula and high-quality ingredients have become very popular among people trying to lose some weight.
TLC claims that this tea can provide sustained weight loss by:
- Improving digestion
- Cleaning of upper and lower intestines
- Removing toxins
- Relieving constipation
- Promoting better sleep
However, since you can drink Iaso Tea several times a day, you should be aware of its possible laxative/diuretic effects, including:
- Bowel movement issues
- Electrolyte imbalance
2. Improved Mental & Physical Energy
Iaso Tea may improve mental and physical energy when taken regularly. The natural ingredients found in this unique blend can effectively enhance the metabolism and the immune system. It also boosts your energy and makes you feel happy – perfect for people dealing with afternoon fatigue or lethargy.
Iaso Tea provides essential nutrients. It will also help you stay on track during your weight loss journey, as it will boost your motivation and desire for better health and overall wellbeing.
This tea can help detoxify your body and digestive system; however, drinking it isn’t enough. You also need to replace your unhealthy meals with healthy ones for the Iaso Tea detox effect to happen.
If you like Iaso Tea, you might be interested in reading about what Hibiscus tea is good for.
Possible Iaso Tea Side Effects
Even though there are no definitive studies on the subject, regular Iaso tea intake may result in the following:
- Frequent urination: Since Iaso Tea can act as a natural diuretic, it can increase your urination frequency. It can also dehydrate, with possible diarrhea and bowel movement issues.
- Nausea: This could be attributed to a person radically altering their diet and lifestyle. It is typical to have these side effects at first, but you should seek medical advice if they persist.
- Irregular bowel movement, bloating, and diarrhea: As mentioned earlier, the ingredients found in Iaso Tea have laxative and diuretic properties, leading to frequent bowel movements, discomfort in the stomach area, and diarrhea. If side effects occur, you need to discuss Iaso Tea consumption with your doctor.
It may take a while for the possible side effects of this tea to appear. In terms of bowel movement or urination, it can start working within a few hours after consumption for some people, while most people report noticing effects after one to two months of continuous use.
You may also be interested in our jujube tea explainer.
What Is Iaso Tea FAQs
How Long Until Iaso Tea Starts Working?
Iaso Tea's active ingredients will start to work right away. On the other hand, the desired results could take two weeks to several months to manifest.
Does The Iaso Tea Have Negative Side Effects?
Iaso Tea, just like most detox teas, can cause discomfort in the stomach area or bloating due to some of its ingredients' laxative and diuretic properties. Other adverse side effects include frequent urination, dehydration, nausea, upset stomach, and increased bowel movements.
If any of these side effects persist, consult your doctor.
Can I Have My Iaso Tea Hot Or Cold?
Although TLC made Iaso tea to be consumed warm, many people like it cold. There’s no reason for you to think that the active ingredients in this tea are less effective when it’s cold than when it’s warm.