If you need a jolt of caffeine to get your day started, you might wonder what coffee brand offers the strongest coffee in the world. The answer? Death Wish Coffee.
Loved by fans worldwide, Death Wish Coffee is primarily available online but is starting to branch out in the brick-and-mortar retail market. It is highly popular with millennials who value the flavor but need that extra bit of caffeine to make it through the morning.
This unique coffee brand first gained popularity in 2012 when founder Mike Brown started selling it at local farmer’s markets around the Saratoga Springs, New York area. After taking the company online, Death Wish became known for its bold flavor, low acidity, and high caffeine level.
The company’s customers are highly dedicated with some patrons stocking up to always keep the brew blend at home. Others opt for the company’s monthly subscription option, which delivers set amounts of ground or whole beans to their homes or offices for a small fee.
As a side note, Death Wish Coffee also produces a weekly podcast called Fueled By Death. Hosted by Jeff Ayers, the series offers new episodes every Thursday and features rock stars, athletes, and celebrities who are fans of the unique brand.
- Is Death Wish Coffee Really the Strongest Coffee?
- Which Coffee Is Highest in Caffeine?
- Is Death Wish Coffee Safe to Drink?
- Where Can You Buy Death Wish Coffee?
- The Final Verdict on The Strongest Coffee in the World
Is Death Wish Coffee Really the Strongest Coffee?
According to some accounts, Death Wish Coffee is really the strongest coffee available. However, there are several contenders out there who claim the same thing, so it is really hard to say that this one is the top brand for high caffeine levels.
What is true is that Death Wish Coffee has used the moniker of being the strongest coffee to their marketing advantage. In turn, they are touted by many consumers as the definitive champion for high-level caffeine brews. In fact, they are so popular that astronauts on the International Space Station were even treated to several freeze-dried packages of their top blend.
As other brands enjoy popularity for adding extreme amounts of caffeine, Death Wish Coffee seems to remain the so-called standard for this practice. The rich, smooth flavor of their blend creates a wonderful cup of coffee ideal for nearly any time of day.
Which Coffee Is Highest in Caffeine?
To determine which coffee has the highest level of caffeine, you have to look at a few numbers. Based on information from Death Wish Coffee’s website, their blend features 59 milligrams of caffeine per fluid ounce. This is a stark contrast to a regular cup of coffee, which generally has between sixteen and eighteen milligrams per fluid ounce.
For example, Devil Wish Black Label coffee has nearly 130mg of caffeine per fluid ounce. High Voltage Coffee has 96mg per fluid ounce. And Biohazard has 77mg per fluid ounce. Black Rifle Coffee Company’s CAF blend features twice the amount of caffeine per cup with a bold, robust flavor.
As with any niche flavor or blend, there have been many companies come out after the release of Death Wish Coffee trying to capitalize on their success. With their popularity growing, there is a good chance that more and more high caffeine brews will start to hit the market and that the company will likely release blends that exceed their current caffeine level.
Is Death Wish Coffee Safe to Drink?
If you’re wondering whether Death Wish Coffee is safe to drink, the answer is yes. However, like most things in life, you might want to consider a bit of moderation when enjoying it.
The Food and Drug Administration suggests that adults consume no more than 400mg of caffeine per day. This usually equates to right around five typical cups of coffee. However, at 59 milligrams of caffeine per fluid ounce, a typical eight-ounce serving of Death Wish Coffee has 472mg.
It is also worth noting that Death Wish Coffee is not safe for certain individuals. If you are sensitive to caffeine or have certain heart and health conditions, it is advised to skip out on this incredibly potent brand. Likewise, children under the age of eighteen should not consume Death Wish Coffee, as it can cause serious health concerns in pediatric patients.
For added safety, it is important to understand the effects of high levels of caffeine on the body. Vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, heart palpitations, and more could be potential issues of drinking a large amount of Death Wish Coffee in a single sitting.
Where Can You Buy Death Wish Coffee?
If you’re wondering where you can buy Death Wish Coffee, you’re in luck. The company has a significant online presence, including on Amazon where their items are eligible for free Prime Member shipping. It is also available at some grocery stores and local markets depending on your area.
1. Ground Coffee
Grab your favorite coffee maker and filters, then scoop and brew. This ground coffee is ready to make so that you can enjoy your favorite zap of caffeine the moment you first wake up.
- DAY STARTER GROUND COFFEE: Get a pound of power & energy every morning with our dark roast coffee ground. This dark coffee is made of robust bold flavors.
- QUALITY BREW COFFEE GROUNDS DARK: Transform your basic cup into an intense & delicious coffee. One sip of this best coffee will make you say yes to more of our coffee grinds.
- STRONG COFFEE GROUND: Enjoy the best ground coffee you'll ever taste! Made with premium arabica & robusta beans that are roasted to perfection.
- SMOOTH DARK GROUND COFFEE: Brew our best coffees made with a slow batch roasting process. This coffee ground bold is low in acid. Great coffee for sensitive stomach!
2. Whole Bean Coffee
- MEET THE WORLD'S STRONGEST COFFEE: Our whole roasted coffee beans will utterly transform your basic cup of joe into a delicious, bold, and intense beverage that will revolutionize your morning.
- PREMIUM QUALITY BREW: This ain't your normal cup of coffee - our whole bean roasted coffee is hands down the best this world has to offer. r.
- EMBRACE THE BOLD: Immerse yourself in a smooth, subtle cherry and chocolate flavor profile that is never bitter.
- FAIR TRADE AND ORGANIC: Every single 80 oz. Death Wish Coffee whole bean bag is filled to the top with organic whole coffee beans
3. Valhalla Java Odinforce Blend
If you prefer a bit more of an artisan roast, Death Wish Coffee offers their Valhalla Java blend. This organic and fair trade certified coffee features your favorite boost of caffeine with a smooth flavor.
This dark coffee is made of robust bold flavors. Wake up your senses with our dark coffee ground that's rich, intense, black and bold coffee.
4. K-Cup style Coffee Pods
If you use a Keurig or other pod-style brewer, you’ll want to purchase these Death Wish coffee packs.
5. Instant Coffee Single-Serve Packs
On the go? These Death Wish Coffee single-serve packs are a great option. They come eight to a pack.
6. Ready-to-Drink Cold Brew
Not a fan of hot coffee? The folks at Death Wish have you covered. Their slightly sweetened cold brew available here comes in aluminum cans. All you have to do is chill it in the refrigerator, open it up, and enjoy.
The Final Verdict on The Strongest Coffee in the World
If you like a strong cup of coffee with smooth flavor, Death Wish Coffee is a great choice. Best of all, there’s a variety of different styles to choose from including ground beans, whole beans, and ready-to-drink options. Find it at your nearest grocery store or purchase it online.