We've got your back! Here's a list of the best thermos for coffee lovers on the go. Never be caught without java, no matter where you are.
If you like to spend your day with a hot or iced coffee in your hand, then a dependable thermos is a necessity.
The unique double-wall vacuum insulation technology of thermoses hasn't changed in a hundred years; it keeps hot beverages at the perfect temperature for a long time and contains the liquid so you don't spill while walking or moving around.
The technology used in making vacuum flasks is the same across the board; it's the features of various brands and styles that will determine which one is right for you.
Perhaps you need a thermos that will sit perfectly in your car's cup holder and can be drunk with one hand. Or you need one with a sturdy handle that you can tie to a pack while hiking.
No matter what kind of lifestyle you lead, there is a thermos out there with the perfect collection of features for you.
Here is our list of the best coffee thermoses on the market!
- 1. Best Thermos for the Rugged Outdoorsman
- 2. Best Thermos for the Freeway Driver
- 3. Best Thermos for the College Student
- 4. Best Coffee Thermos for the Cubicle Worker
- 5. Best Thermos for the Clumsy Coffee Drinker
- 6. Best Thermos for the Environmentalist
- 7. Best Thermos for the Serious Coffeeholic
- 8. Best Thermos for the Public Transit Commuter
- The Final Word on the Best Thermos for Coffee
- FAQs on the Best Thermos for Coffee
1. Best Thermos for the Rugged Outdoorsman
Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottles are a familiar sight to anyone who spent summers camping at National Parks as a kid. The iconic hammered-steel green bottles held Mom and Dad's morning coffee while climbing to the top of a nearby hill for photos or making breakfast on the camping stove.
The Stanley thermos is still made the same as they were a hundred years ago. Constructed of rust-proof 18/8 stainless steel, they're famous for their indestructibility and come with a lifetime warranty.
A Stanley is our top pick for hiking in the backcountry; the handle makes it simple to tie to a backpack and the wide mouth is convenient for washing in a mountain stream.
- KEEP IT HOT OR COLD: Our Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle is made with superior insulation that keeps liquids (soup, coffee, tea) hot or cold drinks cool for up to 24 hours It’s also made with BPA-free materials, keeping its contents safe to consume
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: The rust-proof 18/8 stainless steel construction on this insulated thermos means it can work just as hard as you do without impacting its performance This is an ideal bottle to throw into your truck, work bag or travel with it
- MULTI-PURPOSE LID: The Stanley thermos is designed with a leak-resistant lid, so you can put it in your backpack without worrying about any spills The wide mouth of the thermos helps with easy pouring into the lid that doubles as an eight-ounce cup
- FILL IT FOR THE DAY: Our vacuum bottle comes in multiple sizes – 1 1qt, 1 5qt, and 2qt so you can fill it up with water once and be set for however long you need it The collapsible handle makes it easy to transport with you
2. Best Thermos for the Freeway Driver
The Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug is perfect for anyone who spends a lot of time driving freeways. It's spill-proof and you can drink one-handed by pressing the push button, which opens the spout for you.
Designed with a slim profile, it fits easily into most vehicle cup holders and stays cool to the touch no matter how hot the liquid is inside. You can get it with or without a handle and in 3 different sizes.
- Our Lids Are Sealed: Autoseal technology is leak and spill proof (Yes there is a difference.)
- For the Long Haul: Drinks stay hot up to 5 hours and cold up to 12 with Thermalock Vacuum Insulation
- Lend a Hand Easy one handed drinking with the push of a button
- Squeaky Clean Easy clean lid completely opens for an extra squeaky clean with no separate parts to take apart or misplace; Lock it Up AUTOSEAL button lock for added peace of mind
- Perfect Fit: Fits most car cup holders and under most single serve brewers; Clean Up: Top rack dishwasher lid, hand wash body
3. Best Thermos for the College Student
The Zojirushi Stainless Steel Coffee Mug is hard-working and low-profile. It has a compact design that is completely leak-proof, so you can stash it in a loaded backpack without worrying about getting coffee on your laptop.
Zojirushi's heat retention technology is amazing–These thermoses will keep liquid at 187 degrees for an hour, and 154 degrees for up to 6 hours, ensuring you can drink your coffee long after the cafeteria has closed.
- Stainless steel vacuum insulation keeps beverages hot or cold for hours
- Durable and sanitary 18/8 stainless steel interior
- Slick Steel finish; Heat Retention: 187°F @ 1 hr. / 154°F @ 6 hrs.
- Wide mouth opening
- Compact design takes up minimal space while maximizing capacity
4. Best Coffee Thermos for the Cubicle Worker
The Mighty Mug Stainless Steel Non-Trip Travel Mug is designed to stay upright on a flat surface even when bumped. Their distinctive Smartgrip technology traps a small amount of air in the base when set down, helping to steady the tumbler and keep it upright while sitting next to your keyboard.
It comes with a spill-proof, easy-to-clean lid that allows you to sip hot coffee from any angle and the entire thermos is dishwasher safe.
- ZERO SPILL SURFACE GRIP. Stop spills with a mug that will stay in place and last through work sips and road trips. Smartgrip technology grips your Mighty Mug to any smooth flat surface, so it won’t tip over. Once your drinks are at the perfect temp, simply lift to sip up.
- 6 HOURS HOT & 24 HOURS COLD. The 16 oz stainless steel mug is built with triple-walled insulation, keeping your morning cup of coffee warm for 6 hours and your summer drinks ice cold for 24 hours. Inside or outside, your steel Mighty Mug is keeping the vibe.
- 360° LEAK PROOF LID. Keep your eyes on the road, there’s no need to find the spout of your tumbler with a Mighty Mug. Drink from literally any angle; 360 degrees, 7 days a week. The leakproof capabilities make the morning dash a peaceful exit with no spills.
- TRIPLE-WALLED STAINLESS STEEL. Your stainless exterior will keep its shine and make sure your drink is safe. Drop it, throw it in a bag, or accidentally leave it on top of your car, your stainless steel Mighty Mug will take a hit like a champ.
- CAR CUP-HOLDER FRIENDLY. With all of the accident-proof travel features, the Mighty Mug is a go-to road trip must-have. Drive your grandma upstate or drive to work, there is no chance you’ll have a spill in your car on the way.
5. Best Thermos for the Clumsy Coffee Drinker
The YETI Rambler 20 oz. Tumbler With MagSlider Lid has a unique magnetic lid that keeps your cup of coffee on lockdown while it's sitting within reach of a stray elbow.
The lid is made of shatter-resistant, BPA-free plastic while the tumbler is made of kitchen-grade stainless steel, giving it excellent durability. Both parts are dishwasher safe and the insulated tumbler will keep coffee hot for hours even when it's dented up after years of abuse.
- These Ramblers come standard with our YETI MagSlider Lid, the only drink lid that uses the power of magnets to keep your water, beer, or favorite drink on lock
- Our Ramblers are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and have a No Sweat Design to make sure your hands stay dry
- Dracut is a durable coat of color that won't fade, peel, or crack through extended field use and also provide additional grip to the Rambler's exterior
- We over-engineered these double-wall insulated tumblers with an 18/8 stainless steel body, which means your drink still keeps its temperature no matter how much of a beating this cup takes
- The YETI 20 oz. Rambler Tumbler stands 6 7/8 in high and has a lip diameter of 3 1/2 in. All YETI Tumblers are sized to fit in standard sized cup holders
6. Best Thermos for the Environmentalist
The EcoVessel PERK Coffee & Tea Travel Tumbler is made of a unique triple insulation technology that has a layer of high-quality copper in between the stainless steel layers, which helps maintain the temperature evenly throughout the bottle to keep hot drinks piping hot and cold drinks ice cold.
EcoVessel uses materials that exceed FDA standards: This entire thermos is BPA and phthalate-free as well as being completely recyclable. They're also part of the 1% for the Planet Initiative, which means they donate a small portion of every sale to environmental non-profits.
- MOVE WITH YOUR BREW: The PERK is our nod to coffee and tea aficionados. With a removable strainer, this vacuum insulated tumbler gives you the freedom to use loose leaf tea and doubles as a fruit infuser bottle to make drinking water a treat
- TRIMAX TRIPLE INSULATION: Ensure your morning coffee remains piping hot, your tea remains steaming, and your water nice & chilled. 3 layers of insulation create an insulated coffee tumbler that keeps drinks hot for 8 hours and cold for 30
- BUILT TO ENDURE: We’ve combined 2 layers of 18/8 food-grade stainless steel, copper inner, and a protective silicone base to create a metal vacuum insulated tea bottle that amplifies the durability and steers away from harmful BPA and phthalates
- LEAK-PROOF PUSH-BUTTON LID: Press. Sip. Lock. Repeat. The push-button lid of our portable thermos coffee bottles makes sipping easy and transit mess-free thanks to the leak-proof design. It’s also interchangeable with our other lids (sold separately)
- 114 YEAR WARRANTY: EcoVessel travel infuser tumblers for women and men are crafted with heirloom durability in mind; heavy-duty construction confidently backed by a 100-year warranty. Invest in portable drinkware designed to withstand a century
7. Best Thermos for the Serious Coffeeholic
The THERMOS Stainless King Beverage Bottle can hold 40 ounces of hot liquid, the largest thermos on our list.
It comes with a lid that doubles as an insulated serving cup and features a twist-and-pour stopper that lets you pour coffee without having to remove it entirely. The bottle has a large folding handle on the side and all of it is top-rack dishwasher safe.
- STAYS HOT OR COLD: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention of hot or cold beverages. Perfect take-along for outdoor adventures, keeping beverages hot or cold for 24 hours
- EXTREMELY DURABLE: High quality 18/8 stainless steel construction is dependable any time of year for long treks or road trips. Includes a built-in serving cup and carry handle
- SWEAT-PROOF: Exterior stays cool to the touch with hot beverages and sweat-proof with cold. THERMOS brand beverage bottles are dishwasher safe, top rack recommended
- TWIST AND POUR STOPPER: Allows for pouring without removing the stopper completely. Perfect for serving the entire family hot or cold beverages
- LARGE CAPACITY: Carry enough coffee for the whole group. This 40 ounce beverage bottle will hold enough coffee for the whole group to get a cup. This beverage bottle also comes in a 68 ounce capacity
8. Best Thermos for the Public Transit Commuter
The Hydro Flask Wide Mouth Water Bottle doubles as either a coffee flask or a water bottle and will keep drinks hot for up to 6 hours or cold for 24 hours.
It's got a wide mouth for easy filling and a straw lid for safe sipping whether you're sitting in a bus seat or standing on a moving train.
The outer layer of the bottle has a sweat-proof powder matte coating that comes in a dozen different colors, and both lid and bottle are dishwasher safe.
- New Hydro Flask water bottle design does not feature a registered trademark symbol next to the logo
- Dishwasher safe water bottle allows quick and easy cleaning; Slip-free powder coating won't sweat
- Hydro Flask metal water bottles keep the coldest drinks icy cold and hot drinks piping hot for hours
- Reusable water bottle is BPA-free, phthalate-free, and made of stainless steel; lid not leak-proof
The Final Word on the Best Thermos for Coffee
We hope you find this list useful. It doesn't matter what kind of lifestyle you lead, you need a thermos that you can take anywhere you go and depend on to keep your drinks at the temperature you need them to be. If you like this post, you might be interested in our Breakfast Tea vs. Afternoon Tea guide.
FAQs on the Best Thermos for Coffee
What is the best thermos for keeping coffee hot?
The Zojirushi Travel Mug seems to have the best heat retention–it will keep liquids at 154 degrees for 6 hours. Fill it with hot water and let it sit for a few minutes to warm the mug up. Then pour out the water and fill it with coffee fresh from your coffee maker. This will keep your coffee piping hot for at least 6 hours.
What is the best coffee thermos for work?
That depends on the features. If you worry about spilling on your computer, look at the Mighty Mug Non-Trip Travel Mug. If you want something that can double as both a coffee thermos and a drinking water tumbler, check out the Hydro Flask Wide Mouth Water Bottle.