Suppose you are looking for the best steam wand, several options to consider. Take a look at a few options you can use to froth milk!
If you have trouble getting up in the morning without your morning coffee, you probably have a few drinks you love. You might enjoy using your stainless steel espresso machine to give yourself that morning jolt of caffeine, or you might want to ask the barista to put some beautiful latte art in your morning beverage.
You may also love having a bit of steamed milk in your coffee.
Your coffee maker may come with a milk frother or steam wand attached to it, but you might also be interested in the best milk frothers and steam wands available. If you want to turn your cold milk into hot, steamed milk for your drink, take a look at a few of the best steam wands from which to choose.
- What To Look For In A Steam Wand
- How To Pick The Best Steam Wand
- 1. The DeLonghi EC680M Steam Wand Espresso Machine: Best Overall
- 2. The Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine: Best For Beginners
- 3. The Breville Bambino Plus Espresso Machine: Best For Those Who Run Late
- 4. The Brim 19 Bar Steam Wand Espresso Machine: Best For Advanced Features
- 5. The Breville Nespresso Creatista Single Serve: Best For A Small Area
- Our Testing Criteria
- Why You Can Trust Me
- The Final Word On The Best Steam Wand
What To Look For In A Steam Wand
There are several criteria to consider if you're looking for a steam wand. The most critical factors you should consider if you are looking for a steam wand include:
If you are making your coffee in the morning, you're probably in a hurry to get out the door to work or school. You don't want to stand around forever waiting for your steam wand to heat milk or generate milk foam.
Ease of use
Some milk steamer options can be a bit difficult to use, so make sure you are comfortable putting that steam wand to use.
The last thing you want to do is make a macchiato or flat white only to realize that the steam wand is clogged. You may want to look at the reviews to see if the steam wand is reliable.
How many years of use can you expect to get out of your steam wand? Even though you probably want to save money, you don't want to purchase a steam wand that will break only after a few weeks or months.
After considering these factors, you should find the right steam wand to help you make the best coffee! While you’re at it, check out the best latte cups.
How To Pick The Best Steam Wand
As you try to buy a steam wand, there are a few essential tips to consider. They include:
Are you looking for a steam wand that you can attach to your coffee machine? Or, are you looking for a free-standing one? Typically, a free-standing steam wand is called a milk frother, and a typical steam wand is attached to an espresso machine.
Always compare prices online. You might go to the store to find the right steam wand to meet your needs but could end up overpaying if it’s cheaper online.
Does the steam wand run on batteries? Or, do you plug it into the wall? If it needs batteries, make sure you buy those as well.
Make sure the handheld frother is not too big or too small for your cup of coffee.
If you follow these tips, you should find a high-quality electric milk frother perfect for the best espresso or French Press you can make. That way, you can enjoy hot milk in your coffee. You might also be interested in our guide on the best coffee maker with a bean grinder.
1. The DeLonghi EC680M Steam Wand Espresso Machine: Best Overall
This is the best overall steam wand because it has just about anything and everything you could ever need in your espresso machine. The DeLonghi machine will make a delicious cup of coffee, it is easy to use, and it works quickly in the morning.
It is a bit more expensive than some other options; however, it is well worth it if you have the budget.
In addition to making espresso, you can make a regular cup of coffee, a cappuccino, or a latte. The steam wand will create a delicious, creamy texture in your coffee.
- EVERY CUP TO YOUR LIKING: 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your personal taste preferences. NOTE: Kindly descale the unit so that it is clean and can function properly.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable water tank and drip tray make for easy cleanup, and the parts are dishwasher safe.
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse.
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- EASY TO USE: The machine does most of the work for you. The Automatic Flow Stop feature dispenses just the right amount of espresso while maintaining the ideal brewing temperature.
2. The Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine: Best For Beginners
If you do not have experience using espresso machines and steam wands, this Gaggia Brera is an excellent place to start. It doesn't have many moving parts, so it is perfect for beginners. You can use it to make an espresso, a latte, a cappuccino, or even an Americano.
The steam wand is the Pannarello wand, one of the most accessible options to use. It doesn't require a lot of buttons, it is easy to adjust, and the machine comes with an LCD display that tells you exactly what to do. It won't take long to understand the different controls.
- FROTHING FOR MILK BEVERAGES: Pannarello wand frothing for cappuccinos & lattes. Wand doubles as a hot water dispenser for americanos & tea.
- EASY ACCESS: The dregs drawer, drip tray, and water tank are all within reach and accessible from the front of the machine for quick and easy cleaning and maintenance.Volts:110V-120V
- USER-FRIENDLY DISPLAY: Push-button controls and an LED display with illuminated icons make for an easy and intuitive experience.Watts:1250 W
- RAPID STEAM TECHNOLOGY: Quick heat up times and robust brewing and steaming operations. Coffee bean capacity : 250 gr
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Hassle free 1 year warranty handled by Gaggia directly
3. The Breville Bambino Plus Espresso Machine: Best For Those Who Run Late
Do you find that you are always short on time in the morning? If so, you may want to check out this steam wand espresso machine from Breville. One of the unique features of this espresso machine is that it will heat up in about 3 seconds.
The steam wand does not require you to use your hands, which adds an element of automation to shorten your morning routine further. You don't have to worry about adjusting the steam wand to complete the process of making your morning beverage.
If you are looking for a machine that will make you a delicious cup of coffee in just a few minutes, this could be the option for you.
- The Breville Bambino Plus delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Bambino Series that offers the faster way to professional results at home in a compact footprint: serious espresso, serious value
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Achieve a consistent and balanced espresso using the right amount of ground coffee; The 54mm porta-filter with 19 grams is the key for full flavor and cafe quality coffee
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- FASTER HEAT UP TIME: Innovative ThermoJet heating system achieves the optimum extraction temperature in 3 seconds
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
4. The Brim 19 Bar Steam Wand Espresso Machine: Best For Advanced Features
If you are looking for an espresso machine that can do it all, you may want to check out this option from Brim. This machine is ideal for a professional machine, but it is not great for beginners because many features can get overwhelming.
The steam wand is an Italian, high-pressure pump that can steam and froth your milk. It has two manual rods that you can adjust to create the right texture. They rotate in 360-degree circles, allowing you to steam your milk perfectly.
The machine also has a high-pressure pump, a low-pressure pre-infusion device, and advanced temperature controls. You also get access to coffee filters, a filter cleaning tool, and a stainless steel picture.
- HOME ESPRESSO: Stable high pressure Italian pump with gauge indicator & low pressure pre-infusion for balanced extraction. The 1250 watt thermal coil system provides consistently hot espresso for your enjoyment.
- MICROFOAM WAND: Featuring a powerful thermal coil system and commercial style 360 degree swivel action dry steam wand for café quality texturized microfoam, this machine also includes a hot water dispenser and heated die cast top plate to keep cups warm.
- ACCESSORIES: Includes portafiller holder, 1 and/or 2 cup filters (pressurized & non-pressurized), 120z stainless steel milk frothing pitcher, filter cleaning tool, metal tamper & measuring scoop.
- THE ART OF COFFEE: Grinding to perfection. Measuring with precision. Mastering the brewing process. Our engineers at Brim have reinvented and simplified the instruments of artisan coffee making.
- BREW LIKE AN ARTISAN: Inspired by coffee traditions since 1961, Brim's line of coffee & espresso makers, French presses, burr grinders, kettles & pour over kits let you brew with classic techniques.
5. The Breville Nespresso Creatista Single Serve: Best For A Small Area
If your countertop is a bit small, you should consider this option from Breville. It looks incredibly sleek, makes rich drinks, and easily fits your countertop.
This espresso machine measures 15.47 inches by 12.13 inches by 6.73 inches (for its width, height, and depth, respectively).
It has an LCD display that will tell you exactly what to do, and it comes with a beautiful steam wand that operates automatically. This will save you time and make the device easier to use.
The single-serve design is also great for people who don't need to make a lot of coffee in the morning.
You can use this to make a macchiato, a flat white, a cappuccino, and a variety of other beverages.
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MACHINE: The Nespresso Creatista Plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic espresso. The Creatista plus can turn into your personal latte maker with the attached milk frother allowing you to create top quality latte art in your kitchen. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks.
- BARISTA GRADE: Brew different single serve coffee and espresso beverage options at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - Ristretto (0.5 oz.) Rspresso (1.35 oz.), Lungo (5 oz.). The Creatista allows you to take a step further and create more complex coffee drinks such as flat whites, cappuccinos, and latte macchiatos. There are settings that allow you to adjust coffee volume, milk temperature and mixture with a fast 3 second heat up time.
- SMART COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MAKER: Brew a perfect single serve coffee or espresso cup time after time with an easy TFT LCD display that assists you on all preparation setting and maintenance aspects thanks to a high resolution display. Power- 1300-1600 Watts
- Integrated milk frother: Automatic built-in milk frother with 8 texture levels (also 11 settings 55-76°C / 133-169°F)
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
Our Testing Criteria
Before developing this list, we used several criteria to rank our steam wands. Our testing criteria include:
- The features: We took a look at the features provided by every machine. Even though every machine has a steam wand, some machines have other features as well. These include integrated display panels, warming trays, coffee grinders, and automatic cleaning functions.
- Value for money: Even though the price is important, it is also essential to think about what you are getting for that money. While you might find the cheapest option available, it might not provide the features you’re looking for.
- Ease of use: We also considered how easy the machine is to use. You might have found the best device available, but if you cannot figure out how to use it, you may have a difficult time creating a delicious cup of coffee.
After considering these factors, we developed the list above, presenting you with some of the best options available.
Why You Can Trust Me
There are several reasons why you can trust our rankings. They include:
- We have tested every automatic and manual milk frother on the list individually.
- We have a lot of experience working with different home espresso machine options, so we know what we are looking for.
- We considered multiple people's opinions before developing our top picks.
Consider giving a few of these options a try for all of these reasons.
The Final Word On The Best Steam Wand
If you are looking for a way to incorporate some hot milk into your matcha, aerolatte, or other morning beverage, consider trying some of the espresso machines above.
Remember that the suitable espresso machine or steam wand for one person is not necessarily the right option for another person. You need to think about how much space you have, the type of drink you make, and how comfortable operating a complicated steam wand is.
Ultimately, the Delonghi steam wand is the best option because it is easy to use, comes with many features, and creates a consistently delicious cup of coffee. Consider giving it a try if you are looking for the top steam wand.