The last thing you need is unnecessary noise to start your day. Learn how to check for the 3 best quiet coffee grinders that won't wake up your neighborhood!
I grew up in one of the loudest parts of the country, so I'm not fussy with coffee grinders in terms of noise. When I moved out and got a place and a grinder of my own, I took silence for granted.
Consider buying a quiet coffee grinder before your friendly neighbors start knocking on your door at six in the morning!
- What To Look For In A Quiet Coffee Grinder
- How To Pick The Best Quiet Coffee Grinder For You
- The Best Quiet Coffee Grinder For The Busy Bee
- The Best Quiet Coffee Grinder For The Easy-Going
- The Best Quiet Coffee Grinder For The High-Roller
- Testing Criteria
- Why You Can Trust Me
What To Look For In A Quiet Coffee Grinder
We're aiming for something that's bearable volume-wise and can deliver quality coffee into your cup.
We're looking for something that can hold a fair-sized amount of coffee beans and grounds. It can be annoying to endure the waiting time to have a few grams of coffee that'll barely give you an espresso shot.
Features And Flexibility
Sometimes I want coarse coffee for my French Press; occasionally, I want a fine coffee grind to brew an espresso.
Mixing up the type of hot beverage you want for the day can work wonders for your love of coffee, and a grinder with different features and settings can help. It's a big plus if it's effortless to use.
A quiet coffee grinder should be easy to store, disassemble, and clean manually or via dishwasher. We don't want any lingering residues in our next grind.
We're not necessarily looking for cheap, but it has to be cost-efficient.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy our round-up of the best coffee grinder alternatives.
How To Pick The Best Quiet Coffee Grinder For You
Since this will all boil down to personal preference, these are the general things to keep in mind before you buy:
- It has to be within your budget
- The place of usage – you don't need to buy a large grinder if you'll only use it at home
- Consider if you're an electric or a manual grinder type of person
The Best Quiet Coffee Grinder For The Busy Bee
Right off the bat, we're going with my favorite, the KRUPS Silent Vortex Electric Grinder. This grinder is best for someone who wakes up early and needs a quick cup without waking anyone up.
It can grind up to three cups worth of coffee in one go, and you can easily carry this to the office as it's small in size. I also love how I can use this to grind spices and other condiments when I'm cooking during the weekends.
If you want to check it out for yourself, try reading some of the Silent Vortex's reviews to help you decide.
If you're having difficulties cleaning your coffee grinder, check our step-by-step guide to get some advice!
- POWERFUL, EFFICIENT AND SUPER SILENT: Grinds coffee beans for 12 cups in 15 seconds for drip coffee with minimum grinding noise.
- INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY: Patent Pending Vortex Spin Technology pulls ingredients into the blades for fast and efficient grinding.
- VERSATILITY: 3-in-1 Grinder for coffee, spices, and dry herbs. Effortlessly grinds whole coffee beans, hard spices like whole peppercorns, and dry herbs for flavorful meals.
- LARGE CAPACITY AND DISHWASHER SAFE: The removable dishwasher-safe stainless-steel grinding bowl. Holds ground coffee for up to 12 cups of drip coffee. Power: 200W
- MESS-FREE: The removable bowl comes with a dedicated storage lid that seals the grinding bowl to perfectly store your freshly ground coffee, dry herbs, or spices. Dishwasher safe.
The Best Quiet Coffee Grinder For The Easy-Going
Nothing beats the traditional method of grinding your coffee beans. It's therapeutic in a way, and the aroma it emits is more robust, in my opinion. My go-to for this is the KONA Manual Conical Burr Coffee Grinder.
Its simplicity in design makes up for the features of this product, as it has an adjustable coarse to fine grind selector with over 18 click settings to choose your specific grind. I love bringing this when camping and having outdoor trips with friends.
The KONA Manual Conical Burr Coffee Grinder reviews might convince you to buy one!
You might also be interested in learning about the best coffee grinders for percolator.
- PREPARE INCREDIBLE COFFEE EVERY TIME ~ Built-in Stabilizer and adjustable coarse to fine grind selector with over 18 click settings ensures you have 100% precision control over the coarseness of your Pour Over, Drip, Chemex, Cold Brew, French Press, Percolator, AeroPress, Turkish, Espresso, Keurig K Cup, Herb, or Spice grind.
- NO MORE GUESSING ~ see your results instantly after each grind rotation thanks to the static free & crystal clear glass jar which is able to store up to 50 grams of ground beans for 3 cups of coffee
- BRING YOUR COFFEE ANYWHERE ~ No batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your portable compact coffee grinder, allowing you to travel with and brew freshly roasted ground coffee beans for two on your next camping, hiking, backpacking, or outdoor trips. Ergonomically designed manual crank handle detaches from grinder for compact storage
- QUIET BY DESIGN ~ eliminates over 90% of the obnoxious noise that large electric grinders produce.
The Best Quiet Coffee Grinder For The High-Roller
The Baratza Virtuoso+ Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is a high-quality quiet coffee grinder. It isn't for the faint-hearted, as this award-winning machine offers up to 40 grind settings to explore.
Whether you're a newbie or a professional coffee brewer, it's a grinder worthy of investing in but only if you have the budget.
Check out these reviews of the Baratza Coffee Grinder so you can judge for yourself if it's worth it!
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- DIGITAL TIMER and BACKLIT GROUNDS BIN - a 40-second digital timer, adjustable to a tenth of a second, and an LED backlit grounds bin to dose ground coffee accurately and consistently.
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS - With enhanced commercial-grade conical burrs to help you explore an extensive range of brew methods (espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers).
- STYLISH - A sculptured metal top and base give the Virtuoso+ a modern image that highlights your coffee corner.
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS - Engineered with 40mm hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability ensuring the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Virtuoso+ is backed by Baratza’s world class support and a 1 year warranty.
I'm unpredictable with my cup of Joe. If you're the same, try to consider having one or two coffee grinders that will adapt to your needs and situation as long as it won't hurt you financially.
You might also be interested in learning why coffee grinders have timers.
Why You Can Trust Me
There were times when the grinder's noise would wake me up before my coffee did. Soon, you'll find drinking coffee turning into a routine rather than an experience to enjoy. You can stave this off by investing in a quiet coffee grinder as soon as possible.
I recommend the KRUPS Silent Vortex since it's affordable for the newcomers; you can carry it anywhere, and it won't disturb anyone wherever you grind. Just don't forget the beans (yes, it happened twice).