Nothing beats a cold brew on a hot afternoon, but knowing which coffee to choose can make or break your java experience. Read on to learn the best coffees for Toddy cold brew.
I have an affinity for any cold beverage. Maybe it’s because I grew up in a warm environment where the sun’s up most of the day, and the heat can sometimes be unbearable.
So, cold brew is something that I’ve naturally come to love. But as with any other cup of Joe, it can sometimes become too bitter or too acidic, which can ruin your cold brew experience.
That’s why Toddy is heaven-sent. Its unique cold water filtration removes a considerable amount of the coffee’s bitterness and extracts more flavor from the grounds. Pair that with a perfect coffee bean, and you have a refreshing java to keep you going the whole day.
- What To Look For In The Best Coffee For Toddy Cold Brew
- How To Pick The Best Coffee For Toddy Cold Brew
- The Best Coffee For Cold Brew Beginners
- The Best Coffee For The Professionals
- The Best Coffee For Low Acidity
- The Best Coffee For Those With A Sweet Tooth
- Testing Criteria
- Why You Can Trust Me
- The Final Word On The Best Coffee For Toddy Cold Brew
What To Look For In The Best Coffee For Toddy Cold Brew
Like all kinds of coffee beverages, it’s all about your preference.
You can buy whole beans, but many brands offer coarse ground beans – the kind all cold brew lovers recommend. These are larger, which allows the water to extract more from the coffee particles, giving your cold brew a stronger and bolder flavor.
You might want to check out our guide on grinding coffee beans for your cold brew.
I strongly recommend choosing the medium to dark roasts for a richer and smoother taste. Alternatively, if you still prefer light roasts, I suggest steeping it in your Toddy for a couple more hours to extract more caffeine and flavor.
If you have extra coffee beans lying around the house, try to roast it yourself by following our guide to roasting coffee beans!
How To Pick The Best Coffee For Toddy Cold Brew
You should consider three things when picking the best coffee beans for Toddy cold brew:
- Taste. If you love light roasts over dark ones, go for it.
- Check your budget. Don’t spend beyond your means.
- Inspect your coffee beans, specifically the roast date and how it was packaged. Make sure the quality isn’t compromised.
The Best Coffee For Cold Brew Beginners
The Stone Street Colombian Supremo coffee bean has an array of selections in terms of grind, roast, and caffeine content, making it a great option for novices who are looking to make their first cold brew. Its chocolatey and nutty flavor is more apparent when used in a Toddy which makes this an ideal gateway cold brew beverage.
Formulated to make a bold, balanced, low-acid, slightly sweet cold brew or iced coffee. You can easily adjust the strength to make it extra strong (more coffee or longer brewing time) or even lighter (more water).
The Best Coffee For The Professionals
The infamous Death Wish Dark Roast coffee bean is coined as the world’s strongest coffee. Once steeped using a Toddy, you’re left with a beverage that has almost no bitterness and a robust caffeine flavor with a hint of dark chocolate.
This beverage will surely punch you awake if your loved one hasn’t yet. Drink this responsibly!
- DAY STARTER GROUND COFFEE: Get a pound of power & energy every morning with our dark roast coffee ground. This dark coffee is made of robust bold flavors.
- QUALITY BREW COFFEE GROUNDS DARK: Transform your basic cup into an intense & delicious coffee. One sip of this best coffee will make you say yes to more of our coffee grinds.
- STRONG COFFEE GROUND: Enjoy the best ground coffee you'll ever taste! Made with premium arabica & robusta beans that are roasted to perfection.
- SMOOTH DARK GROUND COFFEE: Brew our best coffees made with a slow batch roasting process. This coffee ground bold is low in acid. Great coffee for sensitive stomach!
The Best Coffee For Low Acidity
Thank the powers that be that us hyperacidics are provided with a healthy option. The Lifeboost Organic Light Roast Beans are the best environmentally friendly coffee bean on our list because it’s non-GMO.
The beans are sun dried and spring water-washed. Its fruity, nutty, and caramel-like flavor can be a treat.
The Best Coffee For Those With A Sweet Tooth
This cold brew made from Verena Street Espresso Beans has a unique flavor profile that’s comparable to a coffee, caramel, and vanilla combination. The aroma is amazing, and flavor-wise it is rich and creamy. Your Toddy might make it too sweet, so you can dilute it with a bit of ice cubes once served.
- 2lb. whole bean espresso dark roast (32oz.); a rich body with a sweet and creamy complexity and crema
- Smooth yet full roast, this espresso is good for fine grind espresso or course grind drip coffee
- Sustainably sourced from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms to protect farmers, wildlife and environment
- Freshly roasted and packaged in Dubuque, Iowa at an independent, family owned coffee company
I looked at the price, reviews, packaging, and quality to choose the best coffee for Toddy cold brew.
Why You Can Trust Me
I love indulging my friends and work colleagues with my cold brew creations given that the industry I’m in demands a great cup of Joe. So far, my creations have never let me down. Oh, I might consider starting a cold brew business someday.
The Final Word On The Best Coffee For Toddy Cold Brew
As I love my coffee bold and strong, I would go with the Death Wish Dark Roast though I always exercise caution with this. If you want the safe choice, go with Stone Street Colombian Supremo as it has a quality taste.