Are you looking for the best coffee storage for your coffee beans? Take a look at a few of the best options below.
If you are anything like me, you cannot wake up in the morning without a delicious cup of coffee. Unfortunately, there have been times I have made a cup of coffee only for it to taste off. That was when I realized that I was not storing my coffee correctly.
Finding an airtight coffee storage container is essential to protect the beans from spoiling prematurely. If you are looking for the best way to store coffee, take a look at a few of the top choices below, and keep your coffee fresh.
You might also be interested in learning if you can vacuum seal coffee beans.
- What To Look For In The Best Coffee Storage
- How To Pick The Best Coffee Storage
- 1. The Best Coffee Storage Overall: Coffee Gator Storage Container
- 2. The Best Coffee Storage For A Tight Budget: OXO Good Grips
- 3. The Best Coffee Storage For Larger Quantities: Planetary Design Airscape
- 4. The Best Coffee Storage For Smaller Amounts Of Coffee: The Friis Coffee Vault
- 5. The Best Coffee Storage For Value: The Tightvac Coffee Vac
- Testing Criteria
- Why You Can Trust Me
- Final Word On The Best Coffee Storage
What To Look For In The Best Coffee Storage
There are several factors to include if you are looking for the best coffee storage container, such as:
Even though you may be able to find the coffee container for just a few dollars, it might not have an airtight seal. Take a look at the prices as you try to find the best coffee canisters, but keep in mind that you will get what you pay for.
Even though the website can make a coffee storage canister sound good, always look at reviews and ratings. See what other people have to say. If other people have had a good experience, you will probably enjoy that coffee canister as well.
You should make sure the coffee canister is airtight. An airtight coffee canister can prevent oxygen from getting in, which will keep your being from spoiling prematurely. Oxygen can cause your coffee beans to go stale.
Take a look at the materials used to make the coffee canister. For example, you should try to find a canister for your coffee grounds that are BPA-free. Try to stay away from BPA if you want to keep your coffee fresh.
You should find a coffee canister that can protect your coffee beans against UV rays. UV rays can cause your coffee to spoil prematurely because they spoil the oils. If the canister is see-through, you will need to store it in a dark location, such as a cabinet.
These are a few of the most critical factors you should consider if you are looking for a way to keep your ground coffee fresh. Here are some more tips on the best way to store coffee beans.
How To Pick The Best Coffee Storage
If you are looking to buy a coffee canister for your bag of coffee, there are several tips to follow. These include:
Always compare online
If you want to save money on your coffee canister, always look at online pricing. There is nothing wrong with going to a physical store to look at your options, but you should always take a few minutes to check the price online.
Consider the size
Keep in mind that many coffee canisters, including silicone options, come in various sizes. Just as you think about the size of your coffee makers, you need to think about the size of your coffee storage containers as well.
Look for a sale
If you have a coffee canister in mind, you may want to wait for it to go on sale. For example, it may go on sale around the holidays. Or, if a new model is coming out, they may discount the old one.
You will have to clean the coffee canister from time to time. Make sure you understand what you have to do to clean it. You might want to find a coffee canister that is dishwasher safe.
If you keep these factors in mind, your cup of coffee should taste as if a barista made it.
1. The Best Coffee Storage Overall: Coffee Gator Storage Container
The best coffee storage container overall is Coffee Storage Gator. This is an airtight storage container that is made out of stainless steel. It comes in three different sizes, and it has a carbon dioxide valve that will vent your beans as they are stored.
It even has some good grips on the side, improving its functionality. It protects your coffee beans from air and moisture, keeping them fresh for a long time.
- CONVENIENT: A practical way to preserve, our elegant coffee canister for ground coffee features a date tracker, so you can always keep track of your coffee’s freshness.
- DURABLE: Consciously crafted from durable stainless steel, our BPA-free coffee containers are the pinnacle of coffee storage.
- DECORATIVE: The perfect balance between function and beauty, our sleek coffee canisters with airtight lids are as durable as they are decorative.
- FRESH: This premium, airtight coffee grounds container keeps your beans safe from harmful Co2 which can destroy flavor.
- GIFT: No matter the occasion, our manual coffee bean storage container makes the ideal gift for the coffee connoisseur in your life.
2. The Best Coffee Storage For A Tight Budget: OXO Good Grips
If you find yourself on a tight budget, you may want to check out this coffee storage container from OXO. The OXO Good Grips is an inexpensive coffee store canister made of plastic. It also comes in a wide variety of sizes, ranging from a half quart to more than four liters.
This is one of the easiest coffee storage canisters to use. All you need to do is press the button to create an airtight seal. Then, you can push it again to release it. It has round corners that are easy to pour but large enough for you to get your coffee scoop inside.
On the other hand, this coffee canister is clear, so it will not protect your coffee beans against the light. All you need to do is put it in a dark place with an opaque door, but it is something you need to remember.
- OXO good grips POP Containers’ airtight, space-efficient design keeps dry foods fresh and your cupboards organized
- New shapes, sizes and BPA free, dishwasher-safe construction stack perfectly with all POP Containers and can be customized to fit any space
- A convenient fill line makes it easy to store staples like cereal, flour, sugar, pasta, rice, coffee, nuts and snacks
- Brand-new line of solution-based accessories easily attach to the underside of POP Container lids. This container has an A lid Type so is compatible with the labels, date dial, leveler, coffee scoop, dusting scoop, and half cup scoop. Accessories sold separately
- Push the button to engage the airtight seal. The button doubles as a handle for the lid. For best results, always use the button to open and close. Do not carry POP Containers by the lid
3. The Best Coffee Storage For Larger Quantities: Planetary Design Airscape
If you have a large amount of coffee you have to store, you may want to check out this option from Planetary Design. This coffee storage canister can hold up to two and a half pounds of coffee. Furthermore, it has a special valve that will lock the lid in place, ensuring nothing comes in or out.
It also has a valve in place to protect your coffee beans against carbon dioxide. It has a sleek, aesthetic design that will immediately remind you of the space program, thus the name. This coffee storage canister also has a very rugged design with a handle on top that makes it easier to transport and carry.
- INNOVATIVE & PATENTED DESIGN - Original Airscape coffee & food storage canister with patented plunger lid removes and locks out air and humidity. Patented two-way valve pushes out excess air to preserve & protect freshness & flavor.
- SOUND OF FRESH - Airscape lid removes all air in the canister creating airless food storage; extends the life of coffee, tea, flour, sugar, cereal, cookies, seeds, herbs, nuts, pet food or any perishable goods. The “swoosh” sound lets you know it’s working
- COFFEE CONNOISSEUR - Proper storage to preserve the integrity and quality of the whole coffee bean, extending the coffees' body & flavor profile for an exquisitely crafted cup of artisan brew. Resists staining & odor transfer
- QUALITY COUNTS - Airscape Coffee & Food Storage Canister made from 18/8 restaurant-grade stainless steel, BPA-Free components with an enamel paint finish. Multiple colors available to add a pop of color to your kitchen. Hand-wash only
- STURDY & STACKABLE - A perfect size for your kitchen counter or easy to stack for compact storage in the pantry. Medium holds approx. 1 lb (500 g) of whole bean coffee [dimensions 5"w x 7"h]; Small holds approx. 1/2 lb (250 g) of whole bean coffee [dimensions 5"w x 4"h]
4. The Best Coffee Storage For Smaller Amounts Of Coffee: The Friis Coffee Vault
The next option on the list comes from Friis. This coffee storage canister comes in two separate sizes. There is a smaller option at 12 oz and a larger option at 16 oz. This canister also has a one-way valve for carbon dioxide.
Unfortunately, this coffee storage canister doesn't have an airtight seal, and the carbon dioxide filters will need to be replaced relatively often. Even though it is made out of stainless steel, it may not work as well as some other options on this list.
- KEEP YOUR COFFEE FRESH: Save the flavor of your coffee by storing your grounds in Friis Stainless Steel Coffee Vault. Store your pick me up for long term enjoyment.
- STAINLESS STEEL COFFEE CANISTER: Seal your coffee beans in a safe and secure canister. Free yourself from the worries of rust and corrosion. Great for preserving other foods like tea, nuts, sugar, or flour.
- 16-OUNCE CAPACITY: Use all 16-ounces to your advantage to entertain company or improve your food storage. The portable features of the canister make it easy to travel and hike.
- FRIIS FRESHNESS VALVES: Our Friss valves have unique airtight seals that prevent moisture and carbon dioxide penetration. Please rinse thoroughly between uses and use the our included measuring scoop.
- Stainless steel finish
5. The Best Coffee Storage For Value: The Tightvac Coffee Vac
The Tightvac Coffee Vac is not the least expensive or most expensive option available, but it does give you great value for your money. It is not made out of stainless steel, but it is made from opaque, black plastic so that it will protect your coffee beans against the sun's rays.
It can hold up to one pound of coffee beans, and it features a push-button that is very easy to create an airtight seal. Even though the design may cause problems for some people, as it is huge, it does give you good value for your money.
- Europe's # 1 coffee container - maintains aroma and rich, Full coffee flavor
- Patented system creates a partial vacuum seal and keeps coffee - fresher for longer
- Multiuse - allows products to breathe and degas, without letting oxygen in
- NSF - tested and certified, Food grade - airtight, moisture Free and recyclable
- Coffee Grounds or Beans - 16 oz./500g/1.85 Liter/dimensions: 7-3/4Tall x 4-7/8Diameter (19.5 cm x 12 cm)
Ultimately, these are just a few of the many options we considered when looking for the best coffee storage canisters. Some of the criteria we considered included:
- Value for money: We wanted to ensure the coffee storage containers provide an excellent value for the price. The least expensive option is not necessarily the best if it doesn't protect your coffee beans from harm.
- Features: We considered the wide variety of features available. In particular, we paid close attention to the durability of the canister, its ability to protect against light and air, and the various sizes available.
- Ease of use: We also wanted to make sure the coffee storage canister is easy-to-use. He looked at how easy it was to open and close, and we paid attention to how easy it was to clean the coffee storage canister.
After considering these factors closely, we developed the list above.
Why You Can Trust Me
There are several reasons why you can trust the coffee storage canisters on this list. They include:
- We tested each coffee canister thoroughly
- We have been storing coffee beans for years using various methods, so we understand how we nrotect them from harm.
- We also took the opinions of multiple other users into account to make sure we had a well-rounded view of each coffee storage canister available.
We know a good cup of coffee when we taste one, so we know if these coffee storage canisters can protect your beans.
Final Word On The Best Coffee Storage
If you enjoy a delicious cup of coffee in the morning, you must make sure you store your coffee beans properly. You need to protect them against light, heat, and air. This means taking them out of the coffee bag and placing them into a durable storage canister that creates an airtight seal.
If you are looking for the best coffee storage canister available, you should go with the Coffee Gator Storage Canister. This stainless steel coffee storage canister protects against light, heat, air, and moisture. Furthermore, it has a durable, rugged design with good grips on the side that makes it easy to transport.
What works for one person will not work for everyone else. Make sure you consider multiple options before deciding which one is right for you.