Not all grinders are made equal, and a percolator has specific requirements. Get to know the best coffee grinders for percolator in this informative guide.
Are you a fan of bitter or robust-tasting coffee? Do you prefer your coffee done old school—in this case, late 1800s style?
Or do you enjoy the care and attention involved in brewing your coffee with a percolator? If so, you might enjoy using percolators to prepare your coffee.
In the US, 48.2 million households tried camping at least once in 2020, and since then, many people have expressed that they’d like to try camping again soon. A challenge of camping is getting a good cup of Joe. Fortunately, percolators are the perfect tools when making coffee out in the woods.
What’s tricky about using percolators is finding the right coffee grinder. Like using a coffee grinder for spices, you can’t use any random coffee grinder for percolators. The good news is that you found the right place to learn about the best coffee grinders for percolators.
- What To Look For In The Best Coffee Grinder For Percolator
- How To Pick The Best Coffee Grinder For Percolator
- Best Coffee Grinder For Overall Design
- Best Manual Coffee Grinder For Travel And Camping
- Best Electric Coffee Grinder For Portability
- Best Coffee Grinder For Affordability
- Best Manual Coffee Grinders For Percolators
- Testing Criteria
- Why You Can Trust Me
What To Look For In The Best Coffee Grinder For Percolator
Coffee grinders for percolators should have a coarse grind option. Percolators can’t filter any smaller grind sizes.
Unless you’re dedicating your life to drinking coffee brewed in percolators, look for coffee grinders with other grind sizes. It’ll be helpful when you have family or guests who may prefer coffee prepared differently. It’s also a great feature if you ever want to try something new.
You also want to see consistency in the ground coffee. Nothing is better at ensuring you get evenly ground coffee than burr grinders. If you’re getting an automatic grinder, get a burr-type machine.
You might also be interested in learning why coffee grinders have timers.
Some of the best coffee grinder brands for percolators include:
You’ll find many other coffee grinder brands on the market, but based on our research and experience, these are the go-to choices.
How To Pick The Best Coffee Grinder For Percolator
When you’re ready to shop for a coffee grinder, consider researching. The bulk of your research will likely include reading reviews and testimonials. After all, people who’ve tried a product are some of the most reliable sources of information about it.
When buying a coffee grinder, consider how you’ll use it. Do you plan to make fresh coffee at home or on a trail? Look for portable coffee grinders if you're going camping and want to grind your coffee at your campsite.
Best Coffee Grinder For Overall Design
The Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder has the best design, ease of use, and durability. It has 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that can give you finely ground coffee. It’s also durable and has reasonable pricing, making it one of the best picks out of all coffee grinders for value.
Check out more reviews on Amazon.
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER - Baratza’s best-selling grinder, with its small footprint, is THE choice for brewing coffee at home. Available in White or Black.
- USER FRIENDLY - A convenient, front-mounted pulse button, plus a simple ON/OFF switch make it easy to grind fresh coffee.
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS - Engineered with 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that help you explore the extensive range of brew methods (espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers).
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS - Hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability to ensure the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Encore is backed by Baratza’s world class support and a 1 year warranty. 2020 Update has exact same trusted functionality with a sleek new exterior.
Best Manual Coffee Grinder For Travel And Camping
If you are a camp enthusiast, you’ll enjoy making and preparing ground coffee with a HEIHOX Hand Coffee Grinder with an adjustable conical burr mill. It’s lightweight, easy to store, and easy to use.
Check out these HEIHOX grinder reviews.
- ADJUSTABLE GRINDING - Built-in an adjustable grind Selector with over 24 click settings ensures you have 100% precise control over the coarseness of your pour over, drip, cold brew, French press, percolator, Espresso, perfect grind every time!
- DURABLE and EFFICIENT BURR - Fixed with dual bearing design, the 38mm stainless steel conical burr coffee grinder makes the grinding process more detailed and the coffee powder more uniform. The ergonomically designed crank handle provides a easy and smooth grind, and consistently eliminates noise.
- DISASSEMBLED & EASY to CLEAN - A simple twist can separate the parts for general cleaning, no tool needed! The aluminium alloy surface will avoid ground coffee sticking, a small brush is enough to clean it up.
- TAKE IT EVERYWHERE - The HEIHOX Manual Coffee Grinder only takes up little space(2.2X7 inch), compact and lightweight. Manual grinding, not battery, power or cords needed to operate. Ideal hand coffee grinder for you to brew fresh ground coffee for camping grinder, hiking, backpacking trip. This set comes with a Manual Coffee Grinder, a Cleaning Brush and a Drawstring Bag.
- PRODUCT GUARANTEES - Total Weight 2.01 pounds. Our coffee mill has passed a professional grade inspection, and been proved that its service life is 5 times longer than that of a general blade grinder. One-year warranty, you will definitely get 100% customer support.
Best Electric Coffee Grinder For Portability
Do you want to grind coffee while camping without using a manual grinder? A good option is the ANAKAO Burr Electric Coffee Grinder. Thanks to its cordless and rechargeable features, it has adjustable coarseness and great portability.
Take a look at the reviews on Amazon.
- 【Cordless & Portable Coffee Grinder】This grinder is designed to be cordless, and USB rechargeable.This F1 independent grinder can provide you with the fresh coffee beans experience you need, no matter when and where. It is small and powerful. The burr is made of 420 stainless steel CNC. No need to connect wires. At home, courtyard, office, travel, camping, freely enjoy coffee time anytime, anywhere.
- 【Built-in adjustable grinder selector 】 you can adjust the coffee grinder to the desired size by turning the grinder knob. Up to 100+ clicks to select. Fine-tune the flavor you need. You can choose French Press, Chemex , Drip, Cold Brew, Aeropress, Manual Espresso for brewing. Tip: Not suitable for commercial Espresso machines.
- 【Easy to operate】 made of high quality 420 stainless steel burr. The rechargeable F1 coffee bean grinder does not have to worry about annoying wires. You only need to press a button, unlike manual grinders that require you to crank for a few minutes. Powerful 800MAH The power battery supports you to use 30 times. If the grinding particles are coarse, the number of times will be more.
- 【Designed for craft coffee 】 F1 coffee grinder's unique low-speed grinding design can maintain a strong original aroma, thereby obtaining a better coffee flavor. It is the best choice for coffee lovers. Let you start drinking coffee anytime, anywhere, and enjoy free time.
- 【Cleaning, carrying and customer service 】 The F1 grinder is easy to disassemble and clean-only needs to be cleaned with a brush. In addition, the portable and compact size (2.34 inches in diameter, 6.5 inches in height) makes it easy to carry. It is not only suitable for home use, but also suitable Carrying or traveling. We not only provide top-quality coffee grinders, but also provide first-class customer service and 1-year warranty policy.
Best Coffee Grinder For Affordability
Are you on a tight budget but still need a coffee grinder? The OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is an excellent and affordable choice. This electric grinder is powerful and provides variety and precision in your coffee grinds.
See these reviews to help you decide.
- Durable 40 millimeter stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- 15 settings (plus Micro settings) let you adjust your grind to suit your taste
- One touch start timer keeps your last setting, just push to grind
- Hopper holds up to 0.75 pounds of Coffee beans. Product Dimension - 12x7.4x16 inch
- Grounds container accommodates up to 110 grams (enough for 12 cups). Never use water or other liquids to clean the inside of the grinder/burrs
Best Manual Coffee Grinders For Percolators
Without a doubt, the JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder is the best in the lot. On top of JavaPresse’s excellent design for its manual coffee grinder, it also ensured the product’s quality.
Do you want a coffee machine and grinder in one? Check out our review on the COSTWAY Espresso Machine with Grinder.
On top of looking into each coffee grinder’s price and durability, we also checked their outputs and ease of use. These are our top factors for a high-quality coffee grinder.
Why You Can Trust Me
We’ve tried and tested these coffee grinders ourselves. Throughout many mornings, coffee breaks, and at-home coffee making, we’ve ground many cups of coffee that each of these machines helped create. Thus, we’ve seen firsthand how convenient and durable each one is.
Baratza’s Encore Burr Coffee Grinder is the top choice among the many coffee grinders in the online market. Although it’s pricey, this machine makes up for its quality, consistency, durability, and ease of use.
Consider the OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder if you’re on a budget. It’s affordable, but it still has all the necessary qualities of a high-end coffee grinder.