Jura coffee machines are the finest on the market, as they make all types of coffee. Discover the best coffee for Jura espresso to help you get a bigger boost.
If you’re in the market for a new coffee maker, Jura is one of the leading international brands. While these machines can make all kinds of brews and beverages, they’re especially adept at making espresso.
However, the machine is only one part of the equation. As any coffee connoisseur knows, good coffee beans are essential for getting the best cup possible. It doesn’t matter how well the coffee maker brews your drink if the beans taste like mud or worse.
So, with that in mind, I’ve compiled a list of the best coffee for Jura espresso makers. Whether you need a single, double, or triple shot, these beans can give you the best results.
1. Volcanica Tanzania Peaberry Coffee
When it comes to coffee brands, Volcanica is better than most because it sources the best possible coffee beans around the world. Coffee grown in nutrient-rich volcanic soil has a unique flavor and is even believed to have more nutrients. The Peaberry blend is even rarer again as less than 10% of coffee is peaberry, a phenomenon where one round coffee bean grows in a coffee cherry instead of two flatter beans.
These beans are grown on Mount Kilimanjaro and are lightly acidic and deliver a bold yet smooth flavor. Volcanica is also committed to helping local farmers and coffee-growing operations, so you can feel good that your purchase will help people on the other side of the world.
- 100% Pure Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee from the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Medium roasted whole beans.
- Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
2. Lifeboost Luxuriance Espresso Boost
Like Volcanica, Lifeboost is another brand that values sustainability and Fair Trade practices over profits. Luxuriance is a low-acid espresso roast that has a caffeine kick but a smooth finish.
Part of the reason these beans are so flavorful is that they’re shade grown, so they retain more of the nutrients and taste elements while growing on the plant. Regular coffee beans can dry out in harsh sunlight, leading to a more acrid flavor when roasted.
I particularly like this espresso blend for my morning routine, but I find that I have to cut it with some creamer or sugar to balance the intensity of the espresso flavor. You might also be curious about which Peet’s coffee is best for espresso.
3. Coffee Bros Dark Espresso Roast
Every part of the coffee growing and roasting process matters. If you start with the best beans, you have to use a high-quality roasting process to extract as much flavor as possible.
Coffee Bros is one of the better roasters I’ve seen, and each bag of beans is just as tasty as the last. The Espresso Roast is a crema variety, so it’s smoother and has notes of cream and chocolate, with a little bit of fruitiness on the back end. If you’re a crema lover, you can’t do much better than this.
- BOLD AND RICH: This espresso was built for crema lovers; dark, bold, rich, and perfect for milk-based espresso drinks. We roasted this coffee to highlight all of the natural sugars and sweetness. Makes for one great latte!
- ARABICA COFFEE: Our blends are made from 100% Arabica coffee beans.
- FLAVOR FIRST: We source all our coffee to achieve specific taste notes. Our Dark Espresso Coffee tastes of Chocolate with a hint of Red Fruit and is perfect for super crema lovers.
- FRESHLY ROASTED: We roast our coffee immediately after an order to ensure we lock in flavors and maximize freshness.
4. Death Wish Coffee Dark Roast
A big reason people drink espresso is that it is a powerful caffeine boost to kickstart your day. If you’re really tired or just want something that can light you up like a rocket, Death Wish Coffee is about as intense as you can get.
Billed as “the world’s strongest coffee,” I would have to agree; Death Wish Coffee is for those who need a powerful pick-me-up. If you want to test your limits, be responsible about it. This is not for anyone with a low caffeine tolerance.
- MEET THE WORLD'S STRONGEST COFFEE: Our whole roasted coffee beans will utterly transform your basic cup of joe into a delicious, bold, and intense beverage that will revolutionize your morning.
- PREMIUM QUALITY BREW: This ain't your normal cup of coffee - our whole bean roasted coffee is hands down the best this world has to offer. r.
- EMBRACE THE BOLD: Immerse yourself in a smooth, subtle cherry and chocolate flavor profile that is never bitter.
- FAIR TRADE AND ORGANIC: Every single 80 oz. Death Wish Coffee whole bean bag is filled to the top with organic whole coffee beans
5. Red Bay Coffee Brazilian Cake Lady
While dark roast espresso is common, you can also brew your beverage with a medium roast instead. Brazilian Cake Lady is a bit darker than most medium roasts, but it’s certainly not as intense as other varieties on this list.
I like this coffee because it’s rich and bold and a pleasure to drink. So, if I just want a quick pick-me-up while enjoying my cup of coffee, I’ll brew some of these beans. The taste isn’t exactly mild, but it has hints of nougat and golden raisins, giving it a bit of sweetness and freshness you won’t find with other espresso roasts.
- All coffee is fresh roasted-to-order for you.
- $5.75 USPS Priority shipping. Additional coffees from GoCoffeeGo ship for $3.50 regular or $7.70 bulk. Top Award Winning Artisan Roasters and their coffees are at GoCoffeeGo.
- Grind: Whole Bean
- Roast: Medium
- Notes: Golden raisin, nougat, citrus zest
6. Lavazza Espresso Italiano
Since espresso is an Italian coffee preparation method, it makes sense to use Italian beans to make your cup. Lavazza is one of the best Italian brands out there, and it makes some incredible flavored coffee blends.
If you want the full Italian espresso experience, be sure to add some cream to the beverage after brewing. Not only will the milk cut through the intense flavor, but it will also help reduce any harsh aftertaste.
Overall, I like these beans for any time of day, and I may even do a double shot if I’m really dragging. The coffee itself is bold and flavorful, but a shot of creamer is more than sufficient to make it go down smoothly. If you liked this post, you might be interested in our guide on espresso with milk drinks.
- 1 2.2 pound bag of Lavazza Caffe Espresso Italian whole coffee beans
- Rich bodied medium roast with highly aromatic notes
- Non GMO, 100 percent Arabica. Intensity: 5 Delicate
- Blended and roasted in Italy
- Best used for espresso but also suitable in any coffee maker
FAQs About The Best Coffee For Jura Espresso
What Are Jura Coffee Makers?
Jura is a Swiss company founded in 1931. Over the last 90 years, the brand has become synonymous with high-quality home brewing, and Jura coffee makers are some of the best in the industry. While these devices are pricey, they’re an investment in better cups of coffee for your morning routine.
What I like most about Jura machines is that they’re fully automatic. I’ve always preferred grinding my own beans because the flavor is better than pre-ground coffee, but the process is slow and time-consuming. Plus, with a separate grinder, I have to empty it into the coffee maker, which isn’t feasible when I’m rushing in the morning.
Fortunately, Jura takes care of everything from the grinding to the brewing. The device can also heat and froth milk for cappuccinos or lattes if you like. The Z10 even detects the type of bean you’re using and adjusts its grind settings accordingly.
What Is The Best Coffee For Jura Espresso?
Technically, there’s no such thing as an “espresso” coffee bean. Instead, espresso is a method of grinding and brewing your beverage so it’s stronger and has more caffeine. As a rule, you want a darker roast and a finer grind to extract more of the flavors and energy-boosting compounds.