You can still enjoy many of even while keeping to a vegan recipe by using these three delicious almond milk coffee recipes.
Almond milk is a popular vegan kind of milk that can make your coffee drinks delicious. We have included three almond milk recipes for you to enjoy–an almond milk latte, an almond milk frappuccino, and an almond milk health iced coffee. Try them today!
- 1. Almond Milk Latte Recipe Ingredients
- Almond Milk Latte Instructions
- 2. Almond Milk Frappuccino Ingredients
- Almond Milk Frappuccino Instructions
- 3. Almond Milk Healthy Iced Coffee Ingredients
- Almond Milk Healthy Iced Coffee Instructions
- Why Use Almond Milk?
- Final Word On Almond Milk Coffee Recipes
- FAQs About Almond Milk Coffee Recipes
1. Almond Milk Latte Recipe Ingredients
If you want a tasty coffee drink with froth on top, but you are trying to reduce the number of carbohydrates in your diet, this is the recipe for you. You can substitute a sugar-free or low-calorie sweetener in this recipe, like stevia or agave for a real low-carb treat. Here are the ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almond milk; you can use vanilla almond milk or chocolate almond milk for a flavor twist in this drink
- 1 cup strong coffee, brewed in whatever method you prefer from ground coffee. You can use a traditional drip coffee maker, cold brew coffee, or even French press coffee.
- 2 teaspoons sugar or whatever alternative sweetener of your choice
- Optional spices like cardamom, ground cinnamon, or pumpkin spice
- Optional garnish like crushed nuts
Almond Milk Latte Instructions
- Heat the Almond Milk and Whip It. Pour the almond milk into a small saucepan and heat it on medium-low heat. Take your time and slowly allow the milk to heat to steaming. Use a wire whisk to whip the milk until it creates a light and fluffy foam on top.
- Add the Other Ingredients. Remove the saucepan from the stove top and whisk in the cup of coffee, vanilla extract, almond extract, and sweetener.
- Garnish and Serve. Pour the latte into a tall coffee cup, and sprinkle a dusting of crushed nuts on top of the foam. To add new flavors to the drink, you can also dust a bit of cinnamon, cardamom, or pumpkin spice on the top of the drink. Serve the latte.
2. Almond Milk Frappuccino Ingredients
Have you ever had secret aspirations to be a barista? You can hone your coffee-making skills at home in your own kitchen while being a barista for your friends and family. This recipe for an Almond Milk Frappuccino is a delicious, frosty dairy-free treat for any time of the day.
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 1 teaspoon honey, maple syrup, or another sweetener of your choice
- 2 shots of brewed and chilled espresso
Almond Milk Frappuccino Instructions
- Put the espresso, almond milk, ice, and sweetener in your blender.
- Blend at high speed until the ice is crushed. You may need to pulse the blender to ensure that no large chunks of ice remain.
- Pour the drink in a tall glass and serve with a straw.
3. Almond Milk Healthy Iced Coffee Ingredients
You don't have to go to Starbucks to enjoy a healthy iced coffee drink. This beverage is just as good as the one that is served at your local coffee shop. You won't miss dairy-based creamers when you know how to make our recipe for almond milk healthy iced coffee. Here are the ingredients to this wonderful recipe.
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup cold coffee brewed with whatever brewing method you prefer
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can use flavored almond milk if you like. Vanilla is good, but chocolate will give your iced coffee a mocha twist.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (optional) 2 teaspoons of a sweetener of your choice
Almond Milk Healthy Iced Coffee Instructions
- Measure. Put the almond milk, coffee, sweetener, and vanilla extract into a tall glass.
- Mix. Stir it well with a long spoon to dissolve the sweetener. Add the ice.
- Serve. Add a straw and pass it to your friend.
Why Use Almond Milk?
Many people choose almond milk for no other reason than to simply avoid cows' milk products, but did you know that this popular dairy alternative has even more going for it than you'd expect? Almond milk has many other health benefits that you can enjoy just by choosing this delicious non-dairy drink from your local grocery store.
First, almond milk is lactose-free. Cows milk dairy products have lactose in them, and if you are allergic to or intolerant of lactose, you may have a hard time digesting cows' milk products. You can enjoy the flavor of milk without lactose by choosing almond milk.
Second, almond milk has many of the nutritional benefits that eating almonds can give you. Almond milk is rich in magnesium and calcium, two minerals that you need for good health. Almond milk also has high levels of vitamin E, which can improve your brain health and may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease.
Third, almond milk is lower in fat and calories than cow's milk which can help you lose weight. Additionally, unsweetened almond milk is a food with a low glycemic index, which means that it can help your blood sugar levels stay stable.
This is good news for people who suffer from diabetes and hypoglycemia who sometimes struggle with this, but it's also good for everyone because no one feels great after a blood sugar crash following a sugar rush.
Final Word On Almond Milk Coffee Recipes
Just because you've decided to choose a plant-based diet, or you're allergic to cow's milk dairy products, that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy some of the most popular coffee drinks around. In just a few minutes of prep time, you can enjoy any of these drinks by using our special almond milk coffee recipes.
FAQs About Almond Milk Coffee Recipes
Will almond milk work as a replacement for cow's milk in my favorite coffee recipes?
Yes, almost all the time almond milk is a perfect substitute for cow's milk in coffee. The taste is only a little different from cow's milk, and it gives coffee drinks a familiar creamy texture.
Is almond milk a vegan or vegetarian friendly food?
Yes! Almond milk is made entirely from almonds. No animal products are used in creating almond milk, so it is a perfect solution for vegan and vegetarian diets.
How is almond milk created?
When people make almond milk, the almonds are chopped up very fine. Water is then added and then the liquid is strained from the solids. You can also make almond milk by adding water to almond butter.